Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 09:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I take the second GMAT prep test?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 09:54
Hi,

I've loosely been following this study plan:
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

I have a month left before my exam (so according to the schedule I'm just starting with month 3).

Is it a good idea to take the second GMAT prep test to see how much I improved between the very beginning and now? Or is it best left to right before the exam (this doesn't seem logical)?

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 7

Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 09:59
GMATPrep has two tests, take one now and leave the other for 2-3 days prior to the exam.
If you have already exhausted one GMATPrep, get Manhattan GMAT test today or get a free test for a reputed Test Prep.

Quick Link for you below -
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?highlight=ml502

-Prabir
Kudos Welcome!!!
Manager
Manager

Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 10:07
Hi,

Yeah I've gone through the first test already. I do have all the Manhattan & Kaplan tests, but I would like to get as accurate as possible an indication of my progress.

Surely there is little point in doing the GMAT prep test a couple of days before the exam (what will it change?).
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 19:57
Take as many CATs as you can. GMATPrep and Manhattan were the two I used most extensively. Both are fairly accurate and the stamina you gain by taking these is very useful come time for the real thing.

The question bank for GMATPrep is large enough that you can take each test twice and most likely not see any repeat questions. Test 1 and Test 2 utilize separate question banks so you essentially get four opportunities with GMATPrep.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 20:54
This post received
KUDOS
Yeah, the prep gmats are differentish....the more times you attempt them, the more repeats you'll get...should be ok as long as you dont overdo them

Please do consider giving kudos if you like my posts

Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 378 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2010, 23:53
GMATPrep test has a huge set of questions. I would suggest to reset your test and attempt each test atleast 3 times, so total you'll have 6 tests. You'll hardly see any repeated questions and this will give you a solid preparation for the actual test.

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Manager
Manager

Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 02:15
I just did the second test for the first time and got a 760 (I got 680 on the first test before I had done any studying)!! I felt very dejected during the test itself as I felt like I was getting a lot of questions wrong. This definitely gave me a confidence boost!

While I don't expect the same result on the 'real' test (I *THINK* I had seen a few of the questions on this website in the PS and DS forum), I feel like I'll reach my goal (700).
Manager
Manager
WE 1: IT Business Analyst-Building Materials Industry

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 03:43
I see you already took GMATprep2, but Powerprep is also a good test to take. It was created by the former company that used to administer the GMAT. Some questions may be repeated from the OG though.
Manager
Manager

Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test? [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 07:32
Thanks trzaskm, I'll add that to the list of tests I need to take (of which there will be many in the coming month).

I know the GMAT prep is supposed to be an accurate measure of your GMAT abilities, I've noticed a number of people mention that the real test is harder. Is this the general consensus?
Re: Should I take the second GMAT prep test?   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2010, 07:32