Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I try to squeeze in GMAT prior to June. 5th?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Should I try to squeeze in GMAT prior to June. 5th? [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 09:12
I've just recently began the study process for the GMAT exam and I am wondering if it would be worth it to try to squeeze it in before the June 5th changeover? If so, I have about 17-18 days to prepare intensely. I plan to spend most of that time brushing up on the math portion of the exam. Is it worth it to try and take this test before the changeover even if I'm not fully prepared? For what it is worth, I planned on taking the exam mid-June anyways as sort of a gauge for further testing/preparation.

Also, can anyone recommend a good free GMAT test evaluation? It would be nice to have an idea of where I stand and what to expect.

Thanks,
jdgaub
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: Should I try to squeeze in GMAT prior to June. 5th? [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 10:25
If you know you can be fully prepared before the change and if you're still able to find an open spot, then I'd say go for it--why bother with a new section if you don't have to?

However, it sounds to me like you won't be fully prepared, especially if you're just starting to study. So don't rush yourself because of IR! The truth is, IR really isn't that big of a deal right now. It's scored separately from your 200-800 score and it'll likely take years before IR score data is actually relevant to admissions officers. Take the GMAT whenever you know you can maximize your 200-800 score.

For more information on IR, visit our website: http://www.manhattangmat.com/ir.cfm

...and watch a full Manhattan GMAT IR workshop here: http://vimeo.com/40520767

All the best!

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: Should I try to squeeze in GMAT prior to June. 5th?   [#permalink] 14 May 2012, 10:25