Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 May 2016, 23:19
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result.

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2013, 13:16
I had applied to three bschools in top 50 in round two a month back. I still did not hear from them. Online status reflects my application is under review. Their final rounds are 15-20 days ahead and i am holding other offers as well. What to do? Should i call them or wait? do ad com inform rejections after third round or i am in their waiting list?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Posts: 452
Location: United States (DC)
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 181 [1] , given: 5

Re: Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2013, 16:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
niceman2006 wrote:
I had applied to three bschools in top 50 in round two a month back. I still did not hear from them. Online status reflects my application is under review. Their final rounds are 15-20 days ahead and i am holding other offers as well. What to do? Should i call them or wait? do ad com inform rejections after third round or i am in their waiting list?


It's unclear what your asking. What round did you apply in, and what are the notification deadlines for that round? If the notification deadlines have not yet passed, you should not call them to ask for your decision.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1111
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 479 [0], given: 461

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2013, 04:22
Generally you get to hear from schools on the decision deadlines. Visit the school's website and check what are the decision dates & log onto your application portal and check whether the decision is available.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 67
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 24 [2] , given: 9

Re: Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2013, 18:46
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi niceman2006 -

It's generally not good form to call the admissions office to see if a decision has been issued. You can be certain that they are working feverishly to get the decisions out as quickly as possible.

The *only* exception I would make to this rule is to in the case that you have an admission offer from another school with an approaching deadline. In that case, you can politely and professionally make the call and say, "I know from checking on line that my file is under review. However, I have an admission offer from another school, and the deadline for this decision is X-date. Is there any way I can receive my decision a few days prior to X-date so that I can carefully consider any offers your school may make to me?"

When I was the Director of MBA Admissions, I instructed my staff to always quickly issue decisions in these cases. If we were going to admit the candidate, we wanted to be sure to have our offer on the table prior so it could be considered along with any other admissions decisions.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. Let me know if I can help further.

Warmest regards,

Wendy Flynn
MBA Admissions Coach
Non-Human User
User avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 449
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 14:17
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
User avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 992
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 0

Re: Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 10:59
Expert's post
Do not reach out to schools in advance of their deadlines is the general rule, wait list is a bit different and largely only when you have another offer with a pending deadline.
_________________

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result.   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2016, 10:59
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Should I Be Thinking About/Will I Have a Chance at B-School dwdrum210 2 16 Aug 2015, 21:57
Experts publish their posts in the topic PRE B-SCHOOL. 22... Should I? NasTheKing 1 08 Jun 2014, 20:07
Should I wait until next year? kinderbean 2 03 Aug 2010, 22:06
Should I wait a year? sofla328 7 05 Apr 2008, 14:12
Should I do somthing about it? wondee 5 30 Jul 2007, 03:19
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Should i wait or call the Bschool to inform about my result.

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.