Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 19:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Similar essay question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Similar essay question [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 03:27
Hi,
I am applying for masters program which has 7 essay question. I am having trouble in understanding below two, which I believe are pretty similar.

1. What are your career aspirations upon graduation?
2. How do you see your career progressing in the next 2-5 years?

Can someone please suggest how to approach these two question.

thanks
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Similar essay question [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 06:22
Hi there,

Which masters program are you applying to?

You are right, these are very similar. The first one is more about where you see yourself after graduation - what kind of role/title, what level, which country, responsibilities, then the 2nd to me, seems more like where you would go from there. Where this role will take you after a few years i.e. into a leadership role.

At Fortuna Admissions, it's our expertise to help you develop your essays and express yourself in the best possible way as we know what the admissions committees are looking for in answers. If you wish to speak to us on how we can help, contact us anytime.

Good luck with your essays!

Regards,

-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website www.fortunadmissions.com.

Intern
Intern

Re: Similar essay question [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 08:54
Its an MSTM program offered by UIUC. So can I approach the 1st one as short term goals and 2nd one is more like long term goal.
Also there are like 5 more question. Some of the questions are unlike I have seen on any conventional MBA application. Would you be kind enough to give similar insight into these questions as well.

1. Briefly detail past extracurricular/community involvement, your responsibilities and benefit(s) gained from them.
2. How will your presence in the class benefit the other students in the program?
3. Job searches can be extremely challenging and competitive. You will need to be adept at helping potential employers understand the skills and attributes that make you a desirable employee. If given 30 seconds, what will you say to a prospective employer to make an impression that would make him want to hire you? Limit your response to less than 100 words.
4. (For international students seeking employment in the U.S.) Realizing that the U.S. job market is extremely competitive and challenging, if unable to secure employment in the U.S., what are your alternative plan(s)?
Intern
Intern

Re: Similar essay question [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 03:46
Can some senior or active member help me with this. I just hope that gmatclub is not only about advertisement and money making by counselor. i am hoping to find someone who can share some knowledge on this
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Similar essay question [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 08:15
Hi,
Sorry for the tardy reply! There is a lot to be discussed regarding your questions. I'll PM you!

Best,

-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website www.fortunadmissions.com.

Re: Similar essay question   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2014, 08:15