Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 09:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: General Management (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 21:57
Accepted with invitation to scholarship weekend.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2012, 08:54
Nibbler wrote:
Accepted with invitation to scholarship weekend.

Congrats! When did you submit your application and when were you approved?

ARE YOU READY?

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
WE: Sales (Advertising and PR)

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 10:50
Applied Jan 5, interviewed at Open House on Jan. 13. Accepted and invited to Scholarship weekend (Feb 3-5) on Jan. 20.
Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 11:06
drwbrt wrote:
Applied Jan 5, interviewed at Open House on Jan. 13. Accepted and invited to Scholarship weekend (Feb 3-5) on Jan. 20.

That was a quick turnaround. Thank you and congrats again.

ARE YOU READY?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 15:27
Now I know people who submitted their apps on January 5 and received interview invite today

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 20:28
R2 applicant here. It seems like any R2 applicants who haven't heard by now are very likely to get waitlisted or dinged on the decision day (based on last year's thread)...

***sigh***

ARE YOU READY?

Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 21:01
Wait a couple of days. Some answers were released very recently. Don't panic :) I have a quite strong profile for Simon to be dinged/waitlisted even without an interview. Actually, Simon was a back up of my back ups ), so it's unlikely that all interview invites are already released.

Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 21:08
navra wrote:
Wait a couple of days. Some answers were released very recently. Don't panic :) I have a quite strong profile for Simon to be dinged/waitlisted even without an interview. Actually, Simon was a back up of my back ups ), so it's unlikely that all interview invites are already released.

I actually already had an interview way back in November. Just waiting for the result now... Another restless night... :(

ARE YOU READY?

Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 21:19
Then I'm mistaken, I actually happen to be R3 applicant. Have not you applied to other schools or is there anything special for you in Simon?

Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 21:25
navra wrote:
Then I'm mistaken, I actually happen to be R3 applicant. Have not you applied to other schools or is there anything special for you in Simon?

I did apply to other schools, but I'll have to say all the schools I applied to are special to me one way or the other :)

ARE YOU READY?

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2012, 08:27
Did any of the R3 applicants receive an interview invite yet?
Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 18:10
As I said above, I know at least one person who has already received the invite.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 20

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 23:04
Good luck to everyone applying to Simon. I was fortunate enough to have some of the Simon professors for a few of my undergraduate classes, and I can say that the faculty is truly wonderful. I was contemplating applying to Simon without any work experience last year (as they do take students with no work experience), but was told by current students who were at the time pursuing the MBA program that it is very hard to land internships without (quality) work experience from Simon. One of these students had an impeccable gpa and was in the 3-2 MBA program.

If anyone is considering attending Simon due to the fact that work experience is not required, I would suggest thinking long and hard about that decision.
Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 10:24
Updates: invited for an interview

Intern
Intern
Schools: Freeman, Simon, Jones, Smeal, COX
WE 1: IT - 3 Years

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 11:04
I am an R2 applicant and Waitlisted. :(
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Simon
WE 1: JPM - Treasury

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 23

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2012, 06:37
This post received
KUDOS
cecilpaladin32 wrote:
Good luck to everyone applying to Simon. I was fortunate enough to have some of the Simon professors for a few of my undergraduate classes, and I can say that the faculty is truly wonderful. I was contemplating applying to Simon without any work experience last year (as they do take students with no work experience), but was told by current students who were at the time pursuing the MBA program that it is very hard to land internships without (quality) work experience from Simon. One of these students had an impeccable gpa and was in the 3-2 MBA program.

If anyone is considering attending Simon due to the fact that work experience is not required, I would suggest thinking long and hard about that decision.

As a current student I will second the comment about the Early Leaders with a caveat, if you come in with no work experience expecting to land a traditional MBA internship then you're going about your process the wrong way. While there are a few companies who look specifically for candidates with <2 years of experience, for the most part you're looking at a crop of internships different than what your peers are looking at. For example, we have a number of Early Leaders who have landed into the Analyst program for some of the top IBs because the MBA puts them well above their competition.

Also academics at Simon really is the highlight of the school. The FT ranked us top 10 in Finance, Econ, and Accounting this year and that reputation is reflected in the intelligence and interest the faculty show for the student body.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Human Resources (Retail Banking)

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 05:37
Accepted with 20K in Scholarship! :) Also invited to the scholarship weekend scheduled 31st March! Anybody admitted message me!

Shajji
Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 18:17
Accepted ones, can you share your profiles?

Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 09:38
Received my acceptance yesterday, but I'm turning down the offer.
I hope this opens a spot for a WLer. :)

Simon is a great school and I know a few people who are currently in the full-time MBA.
I've also lived in Rochester for a few years, so if any accepted candidates have any questions about the school/city, feel free to PM me.

Good luck everyone. :)

ARE YOU READY?

Manager
Manager

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 18:45
shady14 wrote:
Received my acceptance yesterday, but I'm turning down the offer.
I hope this opens a spot for a WLer. :)

Simon is a great school and I know a few people who are currently in the full-time MBA.
I've also lived in Rochester for a few years, so if any accepted candidates have any questions about the school/city, feel free to PM me.

Good luck everyone. :)

My congrats, you finally did it

Re: Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2012, 18:45