Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Simon V/s Kelley for a career in MC/Strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Simon V/s Kelley for a career in MC/Strategy [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 01:58
Hi all,
I have got admit calls from Simon and Kelley. I have also received some decent $$ from simon.
I am waiting to hear from Kelley for the $$ info.

Which school do you think is better for an international student to get into management consultancy/Strategy industry post MBA?
I guess Simon has a very good name in Finance.
So you get a good foundation in Finance in the core semesters.
I understand Kelley has made a name for itself in marketing.
Thus strong marketing classes in the core semester.

I dont know how much of this would finally get reflected when a company is selecting a candidate for the MC/strategy position.

Any suggestions??
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 44

Re: Simon V/s Kelley for a career in MC/Strategy [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 05:29
This post received
KUDOS
iamwhoiam123 wrote:
Hi all,
I have got admit calls from Simon and Kelley. I have also received some decent $$ from simon.
I am waiting to hear from Kelley for the $$ info.

Which school do you think is better for an international student to get into management consultancy/Strategy industry post MBA?
I guess Simon has a very good name in Finance.
So you get a good foundation in Finance in the core semesters.
I understand Kelley has made a name for itself in marketing.
Thus strong marketing classes in the core semester.

I dont know how much of this would finally get reflected when a company is selecting a candidate for the MC/strategy position.

Any suggestions??

I think a lot rides on where you want to end up post-MBA. If it's Midwest (Chi, Minneapolis, etc.), then Kelley seems like a logical choice. If you prefer the Northeast (NYC, Boston, NJ), then Simon makes more sense.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: NYU Stern Class of 2013
WE 1: 3yrs FINANCE
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 0

Re: Simon V/s Kelley for a career in MC/Strategy [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 05:48
This post received
KUDOS
I would say Kelley is better overall. I am interested in consulting as well and Kelley has a great program especially for career switchers. The faculty is excellent and very helpful. The MBA job prospects can be regional but if you really want to be on a coast instead of the midwest you can make it happen. May have to work a little harder.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: Simon V/s Kelley for a career in MC/Strategy [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 23:23
Thanks for the reply..
Simon provides a student loan for international with out US cosigner, where as Kelley doesnt have this option...

Kelley offers the $$ info in the package. Does any one have experience where one was able to get this info prior the package arrived??
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 11

Re: Simon V/s Kelley for a career in MC/Strategy [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 21:58
This post received
KUDOS
I have decided to decline the simon offer..
Believe me it was not easy to say no to a good business school with $$.
I spoke to few students at both the school.
Simon is doing lot of work in improving their CMC department. And this may reflected in teh next year ranking..
But in the end I thought Kelley is a better fit for me overall..
Re: Simon V/s Kelley for a career in MC/Strategy   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2011, 21:58