Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Simon Vs Cranfield Vs IE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Simon Vs Cranfield Vs IE [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 23:38
Hi,

I'm a 30 year old Chartered Accountant from India. I have over 7 years of work experience, 3 years in Ernst & Young India, 4 years in a Multinational Oil & Gas Company in Dubai. Now my dilemma, I got admits to three colleges, not sure which one to choose-

1) Simon Rochester, USA (1 year program) - Reputed school in USA, strong in finance, but seems to have poor recruitments due to no big recruiter in the region. Some say the location is a let-down, very cold climate.

2) IE, Spain - Highly ranked, but hear lot of online horror stories of most of the alumni being unemployed. Many say the school is overrated. Does the school have the reputation among recruiters or is the ranking just a marketing gimmick.

3) Cranfield, UK - Low profile, but seems to have good alumni and a strong program. But UK is in bad shape.

Post MBA I'm thinking of staying in USA or Europe for a few years before coming back to Middle East for work. I'm also in the process of earning my US CPA certification. Any advise would be helpful in getting me out of this confusion!!

Regards,
Confused mind
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Simon Vs Cranfield Vs IE [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 13:15
Expert's post
Congratulations on your admits! I would say of the three programs, IE has the best reputation both in the US and outside of the US. That said, the Spanish economy is in bad shape and your fears of unemployment are valid. Likely the same for the UK (though perhaps to a lesser extent). Obviously this comes down to a very personal decision, but you should also consider that as an international student, getting hired in another country after school can also be more difficult because of Visa issues, etc. It really depends what you're looking for, but I can just say that IE is definitely the best program from this list.

Best of luck,
Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
http://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter