Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 11:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 13

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 09:50
All the Best to everyone submitting today... both for the application and the actual submission process!!!!

I've been completely underwater with work, and have decided to move my application to Round 2....

Cheers,
Wanderlust
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 60

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 09:51
Bananas wrote:
stupandaus wrote:
There are quite a few bland photo montages.

The most absurd one I've seen so far is someone recorded a Gangnam Style music video with his coworkers...

I loved the "How to dunk" video.

I am sure this year, adcom members wont be bored with looking at the apps. Because of the open-ended question, the videos and presentations are so different and varied.

There is even a video of card magic with CallMeMaybe song.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:29
icaniwill wrote:
Bananas wrote:
stupandaus wrote:

The most absurd one I've seen so far is someone recorded a Gangnam Style music video with his coworkers...

I am sure this year, adcom members wont be bored with looking at the apps. Because of the open-ended question, the videos and presentations are so different and varied.

The card magic one you were talking about is my video......
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.43
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:35
icaniwill wrote:
Bananas wrote:
stupandaus wrote:

Does anyone know when invites will come out?

BS Chemical Engineering - UC Berkeley c/o 2009

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 60

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:45
AresZhu wrote:
icaniwill wrote:

It is good man! It will definitely set you apart from the ton of photo montages. Good luck
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:48
icaniwill wrote:
AresZhu wrote:
icaniwill wrote:

It is good man! It will definitely set you apart from the ton of photo montages. Good luck

lol thanks a lot. good luck to you too.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 13

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:02
The card magic one you were talking about is my video......[/quote]

It is good man! It will definitely set you apart from the ton of photo montages. Good luck[/quote]

lol thanks a lot. good luck to you too.[/quote]

Loved the card magic video!
Current Student

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:03
I uploaded a simple powerpoint and submitted my application. Regretting it after watching the amazing videos on you tube. The application is still open, do you think I may be able to go in and change it to a video?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:05
How do I find this famous card magic video? I've done a bunch of YouTube searches but can't find it
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:14
I love the card magic video too. I thought I put something interesting as well. But right after I submit my application, I realized that there was a one minute limit (after viewing a few youtube videos) . Mine is 4 minute. Hope it won't hurt me. Any ideas?

Last edited by flyjoyyy on 24 Oct 2012, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:15
I enjoyed the card tricks video as well. Great job, and best of luck to everyone!

I just broadly searched "MIT Sloan application" and filtered the search results to postings over the past week. That should get you most of the supplemental pieces of the application that have been posted.

Last edited by sesamemochi on 24 Oct 2012, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:15
Ward2012 wrote:
How do I find this famous card magic video? I've done a bunch of YouTube searches but can't find it

search " "Offer me Maybe"- By Yi Zhu "

It's phenomenal!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:29
Damn glad I didn't do the supplment part, no chanceI would have been this good. How are you guys finding these videos? I've only seen the Magic Video. Any others you guys suggest or can point me to?
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:37
Finally submitted my app. Yeah card video is pretty awesome. I am surprise that all these ppl are keeping their videos public.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 11:42
Just submitted the application. In for R1. Good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 12:51
great work on the magic. this is second to the one and only gob bluth.

I saw that video of the girl dancing to with all her diff teams - content was silly, but i laughed.

Seen some intimidating profiles... through these videos

mine is a slideshow as well, but i put a unique twist on it...at least i think...we'll see what happens!

best of luck
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 13:12
steambreadbaby wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:

It's phenomenal!

Loved it. best one that I've seen out of the ones I've watched.

To me, the people who did powerpoint presentations might have taken a bit of a risk, especially if their presentations were only four slides. i'd worry that the Sloan Admissions committee will think that those people recycled a Booth essay (even if they didn't apply to Booth--and the MIT form doesn't ask what other schools you applied to.)
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 13:17
Ward2012 wrote:
steambreadbaby wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:

It's phenomenal!

Loved it. best one that I've seen out of the ones I've watched.

To me, the people who did powerpoint presentations might have taken a bit of a risk, especially if their presentations were only four slides. i'd worry that the Sloan Admissions committee will think that those people recycled a Booth essay (even if they didn't apply to Booth--and the MIT form doesn't ask what other schools you applied to.)

I think slide presentation will not pose any risk. MIT Sloan is looking for contents in the slideshow. What they want see is if you are more than just a score and GPA on paper or not. So people who did slide presentation, please don't worry.
Current Student

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 16:03
Thank you ! I was beginning to get worried about my powerpoint and it is unfortunately 4-5 slides but Ihave customized it to MIT.. Hope for the best! Good luck everyone!
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 16:13
AspiringCan wrote:
Thank you ! I was beginning to get worried about my powerpoint and it is unfortunately 4-5 slides but Ihave customized it to MIT.. Hope for the best! Good luck everyone!

Yes. I'm probably overanalyzing
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2012, 16:13