Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 31

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 20:09
yjtcgirl wrote:
MALD2011 wrote:

I am an international currently based in midwest (WI). I haven't received an invite yet but my supplemental video hasn't been viewed yet. May be it has been but YouTube failed to record it since it requires the full viewing. In any case my chances are little slim based on my GPA, nationality, GMAT, and work experience. We will see though.

BrownBunny, good luck with your interview and best wishes for the admission process.

So acturally my concern is that my current application status is "Complete and being evaluated", but I my supplemental video has not been viewed yet. Does that mean my application has been reviewed, but not been reviewed completely? If that is the case, doesn't it lower my chance to receive an interview? Or my application hasn't been reviewed at all and will be thoroughly reviewed in the near future?

In the same boat. I will be really bummed if they reject/WL my application w/o viewing my video. I guess that would mean the rest of my application was terrible - a possibility I find painful to imagine...

(I know my video ends a little abruptly so I don't think the adcom member could dismiss the video a few seconds prior to its end and Youtube failing to count that as a view.)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.45
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 20:35
Still nothing for anyone in East Asia, specifically China? I've done a lot of looking on this forum and others and don't see any invites. But that's not necessarily indicative, per se. Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Peace Corps Response Consultant
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: Q43 V48
GRE 1: 327 Q161 V166
GPA: 3.44
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 22:21
Parselmouth wrote:
Hi, Any Africa-based applicants received invites yet?

I'm based in Zambia and have yet to receive an invite. I'm assuming ours will come out last as Africa interviews are phone/Skype-based and don't require logistical planning on the part of the adcoms. Also, save the best for last :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 12:17
Did anyone from Brazil receive the invite for the Interview?
Tks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 12:56
NMJ83 wrote:
Tks!

I haven't heard of anyone so far....
Kellogg Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 77

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 22:11
Could someone please tell me the formatting for the Cover letter and the essays?

I took a one year break from studies after Class 12 and before joining college? Do I need to make a mention of that? Does it need to be in the cover letter?

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 01:55
Hi Guys, I am based in HK and have applied to Sloan in Round 1. My profile is GMAT 780/M/Indian/30 Years old/ Working in I bank in HK.
Somehow I didn't ignored the optional essay compeltely and didn't submit any video. Now I see that everyone else has submitted this video.
Do you think this ends any chance of getting an interview call from Sloan? Also how did everyone end up submitting this video as it was optional? I used clearadmit and they didn't stress the fact that this video is a must. Any commments would be helpful.

By the way, haven't received an invite yet and am based in Hong Kong. So my hopes of getting an invite are very slim now. Didn't get interview invite from Wharton either. Has anyone received interview invite from South East Asia. What are the interview dates for HK/Singapore/Tokyo etc?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 05:21
I'm in the midwest and haven't heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 05:55
vin2012 wrote:
Hi Guys, I am based in HK and have applied to Sloan in Round 1. My profile is GMAT 780/M/Indian/30 Years old/ Working in I bank in HK.
Somehow I didn't ignored the optional essay compeltely and didn't submit any video. Now I see that everyone else has submitted this video.
Do you think this ends any chance of getting an interview call from Sloan? Also how did everyone end up submitting this video as it was optional? I used clearadmit and they didn't stress the fact that this video is a must. Any commments would be helpful.

By the way, haven't received an invite yet and am based in Hong Kong. So my hopes of getting an invite are very slim now. Didn't get interview invite from Wharton either. Has anyone received interview invite from South East Asia. What are the interview dates for HK/Singapore/Tokyo etc?

Same...still waiting in China.....good luck to us!
Let us know if any of you heard of any invite for applicants in East Asia!
Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 07:36
vin2012 wrote:

I submitted a written optional essay and got an interview. Other members of this board didnt bother to supply any optional essay and got interviews. If you can express yourself well in the required essays, there is really little value. I used my optional essay to drop in a couple extra facts about me and submit my short/long term career goals which are unique to me. I know MIT doesnt care what the hell I want to do in the future, but if i am paying $250 to apply than they are going to read about what I want them to know.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 09:49
NMJ83 wrote:
Tks!

Just got the invite today! :D
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 10:01
NMJ83 wrote:
Tks!

i received today. interviews will be on january 16th to 18th.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 11:04
San Francisco invites have been reported as of today. This would also apply to the AZ/ West Coast peops in the US I assume. Hopefully there are still some more days left to receive a SF invite given that it seems they are trickling out uniformly over a span of 3 to 4 days per region, and not on a single wave. good luck to everyone, keep us posted please.
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 11:27
fsaq wrote:
San Francisco invites have been reported as of today. This would also apply to the AZ/ West Coast peops in the US I assume. Hopefully there are still some more days left to receive a SF invite given that it seems they are trickling out uniformly over a span of 3 to 4 days per region, and not on a single wave. good luck to everyone, keep us posted please.

I am pretty sure Sloan adcom has not viewed my supplemental video. Is it a possibility that if they don't like an application they just skip the video.? That would be pretty sad as I spent couple of weeks working on it. Did anybody who has received interview invitation from MIT confirm they received it even without their videos being viewed by adcom? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.52

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 12:37
I didn't submit the supplemental essay since it was optional. I didn't think that it was a big issue, but now I am worried. Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 12:48
fsaq wrote:

Has any interview invite in Los Angles area been released? Thanks.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 12:50
juanj0614 wrote:
I didn't submit the supplemental essay since it was optional. I didn't think that it was a big issue, but now I am worried. Any thoughts?

I can tell you that two separate members of the adcom (on two separate occasions) STRONGLY suggested everyone submit something. That said, if your application is already submitted, there is not much you can do now, right? Might as well let go and focus on the things you can control.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.66
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 16:18
geogman wrote:
vin2012 wrote:

Same...still waiting in China.....good luck to us!
Let us know if any of you heard of any invite for applicants in East Asia!

I'm in a same boat in Japan....good luck to us too!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 16:49
fsaq wrote:

hi everyone, i got my invite today by e-mail. Best of luck to everyone else.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 17:46
Has anyone from South America not from Brasil received an invite?. I am getting a bit worried :) haha.
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2012, 17:46