Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Retail Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 13:36
Hey guys. Did anyone connect to the Admissions chat today at noon? I would appreciate any tidbits worth sharing. Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 13:22
Peruvian2013 wrote:
Thank you ak2012! Then I should sit down and wait... may the patience be with me! :-D

Good Luck Peruvian2013! I had my interview this week. Keeping my fingers crossed for Jan 29th!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Schools: Sloan '15 (WL)
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 13:37
anyone who interviewed by Will Makris?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 22:05
Does anyone know when the interview invitation for R2 will be released?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.73

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 23:20
Has anyone received an interview invite since the beginning of the year?

Or has anyone received an invite from the Australia/New Zealand/SE Asia region?

It's been awfully quiet down this end...fingers crossed it's not bad news!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.43
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 07:59
I can't find anywhere on the invite that says that we need an official transcript but I have heard you need one?

Did you guys bring your transcripts? Did your invite say that you needed one?

BS Chemical Engineering - UC Berkeley c/o 2009

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 14

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 08:03
Puyallup wrote:
I can't find anywhere on the invite that says that we need an official transcript but I have heard you need one?

From what I've read, in years past, there was a somewhat surprise transcript request during the interview. So I, and actually at least one other person interviewing the same day I interviewed, brought transcripts to submit. They told us that we don't need to bring official transcripts anymore - they are only necessary for students who are admitted.
Current Student
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 08:04
jwcardinal11 wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

From what I've read, in years past, there was a somewhat surprise transcript request during the interview. So I, and actually at least one other person interviewing the same day I interviewed, brought transcripts to submit. They told us that we don't need to bring official transcripts anymore - they are only necessary for students who are admitted.

As someone who has also interviewed, I second this.
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 08:45
jwcardinal11 wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

Same here. I took transcripts, just in case, but nobody asked me for them.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 16:12
Expert's post
Puyallup wrote:

The application instructions on ApplyYourself can be interpreted to say you should bring official hard-copy transcripts to your interview (this could also mean that you just have to provide official documentation at some point in time...):

Academic Records (Transcripts)
Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Your application will be considered incomplete if the scan is not legible. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants invited to interview will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended.
Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 17:06
While still 2 week or so till D day, what is the protocol? i looked at last year's post and looks like it was a mix between phone calls and emails... will they email and then call you or vice versa if you get in?
Current Student

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 17:10
aerien wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

The application instructions on ApplyYourself can be interpreted to say you should bring official hard-copy transcripts to your interview (this could also mean that you just have to provide official documentation at some point in time...):

Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Your application will be considered incomplete if the scan is not legible. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants invited to interview will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended.
Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission.

I believe that information is out of date. I found the below on the actual MIT Sloan site:

Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants admitted to the program will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended. All admitted students will receive further instructions after the decision deadline on where to send the materials. Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission

Source: http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/ ... ctions.php
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 17:41
Expert's post
kingfalcon wrote:
aerien wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

I believe that information is out of date. I found the below on the actual MIT Sloan site:

Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants admitted to the program will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended. All admitted students will receive further instructions after the decision deadline on where to send the materials. Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission

Source: http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/ ... ctions.php

I copied it from the application instructions today -- not sure when they updated the information there but likely earlier in the application cycle when they initially released the app (July?). I'm sure those with invites would (should?) know more about this than me :) When in doubt, call the adcom to confirm though!

aerien

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 192 [1] , given: 628

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 17:43
This post received
KUDOS
I couldn't agree more. Saying "kingfalcon said I wouldn't need them" won't hold up if your interviewer deviously asks for transcripts! :)
Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 07:43
I called and asked like a month ago, even posted about it. It was a 2 second phone call. It still bothered me when i walked in to interview so try and remember the name of who you spoke to for peace of mind.

But like Kingfalcon said, dont have to trust us. I could just be a fellow applicant gaining an edge. Like i said it was a 2 second phone call, so if you are that paranoid just make it.
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 09:10
Dbalks wrote:
I called and asked like a month ago, even posted about it. It was a 2 second phone call. It still bothered me when i walked in to interview so try and remember the name of who you spoke to for peace of mind.

But like Kingfalcon said, dont have to trust us. I could just be a fellow applicant gaining an edge. Like i said it was a 2 second phone call, so if you are that paranoid just make it.

I agree with Dbalks and kingfalcon. Take the transcripts, along just in case.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 10:14
I called admissions before my R1 interview, and they said that no transcript is required this year. Any instructions about the transcript is left over from prior year(s). Had my interview and there was no mention of a transcript.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 48

taking a day off for MIT campus info session worth it? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 06:15
I am thinking of driving to Boston from NY this Thursday evening for an info session at MIT Friday morning, it is too bad they haven't started their ambassador program this year so no class visit this Friday. I've already done my mit app round 2. Do you think this trip is worth it considering it is just an one hour info session?
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: taking a day off for MIT campus info session worth it? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 06:23
Expert's post
bigserve wrote:
I am thinking of driving to Boston from NY this Thursday evening for an info session at MIT Friday morning, it is too bad they haven't started their ambassador program this year so no class visit this Friday. I've already done my mit app round 2. Do you think this trip is worth it considering it is just an one hour info session?

If you've already submitted your app I don't think it's worth it. The morning info session gives you an overview of the school and the application. You also can stay after and get a tour of the new building. If you're already in Boston then go, but I don't think it warrants a special trip. I'd wait for the invite and visit campus then or try to attend an NYC event if they have one.

aerien

Current Student

Re: taking a day off for MIT campus info session worth it? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 06:25
bigserve wrote:

How well do you know the program? Have you already applied? I attended the exact same information session last year and I'm not sure it's worth eight hours of driving...
Re: taking a day off for MIT campus info session worth it?   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2013, 06:25