Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.53
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 06:41
are all R1 applicants waiting for 5 pm ET on Monday to check their accounts, or has anyone heard anything from admissions yet? curious... I've started my nervous mail checking :) this process is stressful!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 33
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 07:34
EnergyConsulting wrote:
are all R1 applicants waiting for 5 pm ET on Monday to check their accounts, or has anyone heard anything from admissions yet? curious... I've started my nervous mail checking :) this process is stressful!!!


The official decision deadline they actually 5pm ET Tuesday 1/29 not Monday. But maybe admits will start hearing sooner?
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Class of 2014!!
Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Posts: 163
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [2] , given: 39

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 18:33
2
This post received
KUDOS
good luck everyone over these next two nerve-racking days! Just wanted to share the announcement timing from last year (which you probably already know from stalking last year's thread)

I received a phone call from a 1Y congratulating me at around 6:30pm ET. Yes, I was suffering through the whole day refreshing my mailbox every 10 secs! The official email came out, I believe, around 7:30pm ET.

Not everyone gets phone calls (dunno why) so don't freak out.

An older classmate told me that her email came around 6pm ET the year she applied.

In other words, Sloan is notoriously late in the day...at least historically.
_________________

Get a peer review for your essays: peer-review-service-for-essays-132830.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Location: Taiwan, Province of China
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 18:55
purpleshirt wrote:
good luck everyone over these next two nerve-racking days! Just wanted to share the announcement timing from last year (which you probably already know from stalking last year's thread)

I received a phone call from a 1Y congratulating me at around 6:30pm ET. Yes, I was suffering through the whole day refreshing my mailbox every 10 secs! The official email came out, I believe, around 7:30pm ET.

Not everyone gets phone calls (dunno why) so don't freak out.

An older classmate told me that her email came around 6pm ET the year she applied.

In other words, Sloan is notoriously late in the day...at least historically.


How long does it take for your interview after your application?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Location: United States
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 18:58
I thought they only told you on D Day... the 29th... or is there a high possibility they will spread them out between monday and tuesday??

So nerve wracking!!! so it sounds mixed. some people get a phone call first while others get an email...


purpleshirt wrote:
good luck everyone over these next two nerve-racking days! Just wanted to share the announcement timing from last year (which you probably already know from stalking last year's thread)

I received a phone call from a 1Y congratulating me at around 6:30pm ET. Yes, I was suffering through the whole day refreshing my mailbox every 10 secs! The official email came out, I believe, around 7:30pm ET.

Not everyone gets phone calls (dunno why) so don't freak out.

An older classmate told me that her email came around 6pm ET the year she applied.

In other words, Sloan is notoriously late in the day...at least historically.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Class of 2014!!
Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Posts: 163
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 39

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 19:16
Sorry if I wasn't clear. ALL accept/dings/WL will be communicated on the promised date. Just don't have high hopes that it will happen by 5pm! That's all I was trying to say. They most likely will not spread them out between Monday/Tuesday.

mbaBoston2012 wrote:
I thought they only told you on D Day... the 29th... or is there a high possibility they will spread them out between monday and tuesday??

So nerve wracking!!! so it sounds mixed. some people get a phone call first while others get an email...


purpleshirt wrote:
good luck everyone over these next two nerve-racking days! Just wanted to share the announcement timing from last year (which you probably already know from stalking last year's thread)

I received a phone call from a 1Y congratulating me at around 6:30pm ET. Yes, I was suffering through the whole day refreshing my mailbox every 10 secs! The official email came out, I believe, around 7:30pm ET.

Not everyone gets phone calls (dunno why) so don't freak out.

An older classmate told me that her email came around 6pm ET the year she applied.

In other words, Sloan is notoriously late in the day...at least historically.

_________________

Get a peer review for your essays: peer-review-service-for-essays-132830.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.78
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 08:16
They made it very clear to me after I interviewed that they would notify EVERYONE on January 29th after 5pm. You will not get a call today and you will not get a call tomorrow before 5pm. We all just have to chill until then.

purpleshirt wrote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. ALL accept/dings/WL will be communicated on the promised date. Just don't have high hopes that it will happen by 5pm! That's all I was trying to say. They most likely will not spread them out between Monday/Tuesday.

mbaBoston2012 wrote:
I thought they only told you on D Day... the 29th... or is there a high possibility they will spread them out between monday and tuesday??

So nerve wracking!!! so it sounds mixed. some people get a phone call first while others get an email...


purpleshirt wrote:
good luck everyone over these next two nerve-racking days! Just wanted to share the announcement timing from last year (which you probably already know from stalking last year's thread)

I received a phone call from a 1Y congratulating me at around 6:30pm ET. Yes, I was suffering through the whole day refreshing my mailbox every 10 secs! The official email came out, I believe, around 7:30pm ET.

Not everyone gets phone calls (dunno why) so don't freak out.

An older classmate told me that her email came around 6pm ET the year she applied.

In other words, Sloan is notoriously late in the day...at least historically.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: I will not be denied. Or waitlisted.
Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 13

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 17:22
Best of Luck to all R1 applicants waiting for a decision today! Hang in there, distract yourselves (yeah, right), and try to stay sane till tomorrow.

Cheers,
MBAWanderlust
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.74
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 22:48
Good luck everyone! Let the frantic checking of email begin!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 22:53
Instanto18 wrote:
Good luck everyone! Let the frantic checking of email begin!


I had an email sent to me saying that the online account is updated at 1/29 5pm EST. Aside from a call for accepted folks, will there also be an email sent out?
4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2011
Posts: 94
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [4] , given: 24

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 06:45
4
This post received
KUDOS
Dear Father in Heaven,

May I be admitted to MIT SLOAN Today - you know I NEED a spot in the class!!

And as many that NEED a spot in the MIT SLOAN class, may they hear the good news today also.

AMEN!

Hang in there folks - 8h 11mins...Tick Tock
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2012
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 08:23
The last few hours of wait are the worst.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2011
Posts: 94
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 24

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 08:49
6 hrs 11 mins...

Tick Tock
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 694
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 627

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 09:10
Good luck to all my brothers in arms today! Hopefully we'll all emerge with great news :).
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 10:17
Good luck to all as well today, let's keep our fingers crossed..

Anyone else waiting til tomorrow to check? If I get a chance to leave work at 5 today, I'm doing it. And any email or update I will wait til tomorrow, cause Im not logging on from home to check my email... Otherwise, I will just end up waiting around like a paranoid freak til like 730 clicking the refresh button, and I dont really want that.
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Posts: 14
Location: Brazil
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [4] , given: 1

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 11:28
4
This post received
KUDOS
admitted!! uhuuuuuuuuuu.

can´t believe it. just got the call.
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.78
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [4] , given: 1

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 11:32
4
This post received
KUDOS
me too!! totally wasn't expecting it
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 694
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 627

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 11:37
Congrats, guys! So much for the next 2 1/2 hours being stress-free! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 11:37
fljorge wrote:
admitted!! uhuuuuuuuuuu.

can´t believe it. just got the call.


Congrats!!!
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2012
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [3] , given: 0

Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 11:53
3
This post received
KUDOS
Me too!
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2013, 11:53
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
210 Experts publish their posts in the topic Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants MBAWanderlust 1134 26 Jun 2012, 12:03
7 Experts publish their posts in the topic Sloan (MIT) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 50 09 Feb 2013, 16:44
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants nink 897 08 Jun 2009, 16:39
4 Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants mNeo 619 13 Aug 2007, 21:02
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  57    Next  [ 1135 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.