Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Nov 2014, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

MIT Sloan on the Road 2014 [#permalink] New post 20 May 2014, 11:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: MIT Sloan on the Road 2014

The Admissions Team is excited to hit the road this summer to meet prospective MIT Sloan students from all around the globe! We will be hosting MIT Sloan on the Road (SOTR) presentations, as well as attending various fairs and panels. Please check ourAdmissions Events webpage for event details and registration.

This is the time of year when we are also busy managing the wait list. Here’s an update for those of you who are currently on the MBA wait list: I want to thank you for your patience and encourage you to stay positive! Although it varies each year, we often select a small number of students from the wait list, and some of these candidates go on to do amazing things in our MBA Program. You could hear from us any time throughout the summer and we will let you know as soon as possible if you will be selected.

We hope to have the opportunity to meet you this summer and to welcome more of you into our community this fall.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Achievement Fellowships Awarded [#permalink] New post 23 May 2014, 10:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Achievement Fellowships Awarded
Last week, we recognized outstanding students for their contributions and leadership in the MIT Sloan community with our merit-based , one of our Seley Scholarship winners, talk about why the MIT Sloan community is the right fit for her.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

Enterprise Management Track [#permalink] New post 27 May 2014, 02:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Enterprise Management Track
When the Admissions Team evaluates incoming MBA applicants, we are looking for students who demonstrate a combination of positive behavioral attributes; one of these is the ability to find creative and effective solutions to conventional problems.

The Enterprise Management track is designed to enhance this problem-solving skill by providing students with a comprehensive mindset for facing challenges in today’s business world. The EM track also allows students to put their ideas into practice through a variety of activities and projects, such as the four-day Hackathon where student teams compete to research, develop, and present a unique business solution to a panel of judges.

EM Track Awards Dinner 2014

The EM track prepares students for career paths in large organizations in both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors. Kenneth Young, MBA ’14, describes how the EM track led him to an opportunity for a full-time position at Nike:

To me, Enterprise Management is all about access. Access to new functions, access to new companies, and access to new ways of thinking. I was able to switch both my professional industry and function, and I owe that to the EM track. The EM track introduced me to Nike, which led me to a summer internship and now a full time position at the company. Nike was not on my radar prior to school, which really demonstrates the transformation that Action Learning can have on students during their MBA experience.

Congratulations to the class of 2014 EM Track graduates!

Manager
Manager

Congratulations 2014 Graduates! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2014, 12:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Congratulations 2014 Graduates!
Congratulations to our MIT Sloan MBA, MFin and MSMS 2014 Graduates!

A beautiful day for MIT’s 148th Commencement ceremony! [Photo: M. Scott Brauer]

This is an exciting week – and definitely one of my favorite weeks – on campus.  It is also a week full of emotion and sentiment, as our graduating students reflect on their transformative experience at MIT Sloan and begin their next chapter as impactful and compassionate leaders.  Personally, I always find it incredibly fulfilling to see students I have met at recruiting events, on campus, and in interviews come full circle to join the MIT Sloan alumni family. I have enjoyed getting to know our students better and seeing the lasting impressions they have had on the community.  As an MIT Sloan alumnus celebrating my own 30th reunion this year, watching the commencement ceremonies brings me both pride and nostalgia, as I am reminded of my MIT Sloan experience and the role it has played in leading me to where I am today.

On behalf of the MIT Sloan Admissions team, I wish the all graduates the great success in all you do!  Please remember, you always have a home here.

Congratulations 2014 Graduates!   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2014, 12:00