Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 12:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 08:24
Any invites today? Seems like there were none yesterday.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 20

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 08:35
DCBallers wrote:
Any invites today? Seems like there were none yesterday.


I just wish they'd send an e-mail like Stanford did, telling everyone to chill out and wait it out... These two silent days seem to comfirm my fear that the initial available interview spots were the only ones. Luckly, we only have 3 1/2 days left to wait out :?
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Posts: 141
GMAT 1: 620 Q V0
GMAT 2: 640 Q0 V0
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V42
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 24

Premium Member
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 11:15
Anyone knows if they started sending out dings already? I think I read one ding on BTG...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 59 [1] , given: 20

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 11:44
1
This post received
KUDOS
BrunoNovo wrote:
DCBallers wrote:
Any invites today? Seems like there were none yesterday.


I just wish they'd send an e-mail like Stanford did, telling everyone to chill out and wait it out... These two silent days seem to comfirm my fear that the initial available interview spots were the only ones. Luckly, we only have 3 1/2 days left to wait out :?


Maybe they have been silent because they are busy scheduling additional interview times so they can send a ton of invitations tomorrow :-D
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 1

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 16:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
Kitkat6 wrote:
BrunoNovo wrote:
DCBallers wrote:
Any invites today? Seems like there were none yesterday.


I just wish they'd send an e-mail like Stanford did, telling everyone to chill out and wait it out... These two silent days seem to comfirm my fear that the initial available interview spots were the only ones. Luckly, we only have 3 1/2 days left to wait out :?


Maybe they have been silent because they are busy scheduling additional interview times so they can send a ton of invitations tomorrow :-D


My app was only viewed the first time on Saturday.

According to this interview with Rod Garcia on ClearAdmit blog, the application still needs to be distributed, reviewed and scored by a reader, and scores calibrated between readers before interview invitations are sent out. I suspect (or want to believe?) the radio silence a few days ago was a calibration day, and we'll see a few more interviews being sent out soon.

The interview invitations have also been issued by interview location, which makes a lot of sense, since adcoms need to make travel arrangements, etc. and would want to focus their efforts on a particular region to capture everyone that is able to travel easily to meet them first.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2013
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 17:55
makes sense as I just noticed my Youtube video was only watched last Friday.... However with the interview location theory, that may only apply to applicants living overseas perhaps because I live in Chicago and I know for certain a number of invites were sent out last week....
My fingers are still crossed ... good luck to all hopefuls!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Posts: 38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 19:34
rsworase wrote:
makes sense as I just noticed my Youtube video was only watched last Friday.... However with the interview location theory, that may only apply to applicants living overseas perhaps because I live in Chicago and I know for certain a number of invites were sent out last week....
My fingers are still crossed ... good luck to all hopefuls!


Ah, sorry - I definitely meant overseas! I would assume that invitations in North America are consistently issued since on-campus interviews are being conducted continually.

To correct my earlier statement about a Saturday viewing of my application, it was actually a Friday viewing in Boston local time (I am in a GMT+ timezone).
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 120
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [1] , given: 23

Premium Member
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 20:06
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hmm. I noticed something interesting.

My video was first viewed in early October on an iPad tablet. I was invited to interview early last week, and my video was viewed AGAIN last Friday on a computer (Windows). Were all of our videos viewed again on Friday? It'd be interesting to know.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 12
Location: New Zealand
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 68

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 20:13
My Video wasn't viewed on Friday. But it was viewed on Tuesday the 29th by a tablet in New York. I'm unsure if it was them or a friend (hoping it was admissions hehe). It was also viewed 2 more times yesterday on Monday. Google Analytics hasn't released the data yet (probably will in about 12 hours or so), so at that time I'll know whether they were from Boston or not.

But this is definitely the most activity my video has had in weeks, so they could be having a viewing party of all our videos =)

EDIT: I'm also an international applicant from the Pacific. Haven't seen any interviews released for my region yet, so hoping the reason I haven't heard from them yet is that they are leaving us till last
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
GPA: 3.69
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 20:22
davben wrote:
My Video wasn't viewed on Friday. But it was viewed on Tuesday the 29th by a tablet in New York. I'm unsure if it was them or a friend (hoping it was admissions hehe). It was also viewed 2 more times yesterday on Monday. Google Analytics hasn't released the data yet (probably will in about 12 hours or so), so at that time I'll know whether they were from Boston or not.

But this is definitely the most activity my video has had in weeks, so they could be having a viewing party of all our videos =)

EDIT: I'm also an international applicant from the Pacific. Haven't seen any interviews released for my region yet, so hoping the reason I haven't heard from them yet is that they are leaving us till last


As another data point, my "third essay" (in website form) was, as far as I can tell through Google Analytics, first viewed from Cambridge yesterday (11/4) around 6pm EST. I have yet to receive an invitation, though.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 06:17
clevername wrote:
davben wrote:
My Video wasn't viewed on Friday. But it was viewed on Tuesday the 29th by a tablet in New York. I'm unsure if it was them or a friend (hoping it was admissions hehe). It was also viewed 2 more times yesterday on Monday. Google Analytics hasn't released the data yet (probably will in about 12 hours or so), so at that time I'll know whether they were from Boston or not.

But this is definitely the most activity my video has had in weeks, so they could be having a viewing party of all our videos =)

EDIT: I'm also an international applicant from the Pacific. Haven't seen any interviews released for my region yet, so hoping the reason I haven't heard from them yet is that they are leaving us till last


As another data point, my "third essay" (in website form) was, as far as I can tell through Google Analytics, first viewed from Cambridge yesterday (11/4) around 6pm EST. I have yet to receive an invitation, though.


I hosted my "third essay" on Dropbox and shared the link. Is there a way to see when it was viewed? I can't figure it out. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2011
Posts: 217
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Wharton '16 (M)
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 3

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 07:34
DCBallers wrote:
clevername wrote:
davben wrote:
My Video wasn't viewed on Friday. But it was viewed on Tuesday the 29th by a tablet in New York. I'm unsure if it was them or a friend (hoping it was admissions hehe). It was also viewed 2 more times yesterday on Monday. Google Analytics hasn't released the data yet (probably will in about 12 hours or so), so at that time I'll know whether they were from Boston or not.

But this is definitely the most activity my video has had in weeks, so they could be having a viewing party of all our videos =)

EDIT: I'm also an international applicant from the Pacific. Haven't seen any interviews released for my region yet, so hoping the reason I haven't heard from them yet is that they are leaving us till last


As another data point, my "third essay" (in website form) was, as far as I can tell through Google Analytics, first viewed from Cambridge yesterday (11/4) around 6pm EST. I have yet to receive an invitation, though.


I hosted my "third essay" on Dropbox and shared the link. Is there a way to see when it was viewed? I can't figure it out. Thanks.


If its a public file on Dropbox you can't get information on who viewed it... I am OCD like everyone else on this board and actually called the company to see if it was possible. Hang tight and best of luck to you.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 07:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
Kitkat6 wrote:
BrunoNovo wrote:
DCBallers wrote:
Any invites today? Seems like there were none yesterday.


I just wish they'd send an e-mail like Stanford did, telling everyone to chill out and wait it out... These two silent days seem to comfirm my fear that the initial available interview spots were the only ones. Luckly, we only have 3 1/2 days left to wait out :?


Maybe they have been silent because they are busy scheduling additional interview times so they can send a ton of invitations tomorrow :-D



I heard from a current student that students are being asked to sign up for lunches with interviewees for dates as late as Friday, December 6. So even though interviews have already started, there are a few more weeks of slots to go.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 15

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 09:20
1
This post received
KUDOS
I heard from a current student that students are being asked to sign up for lunches with interviewees for dates as late as Friday, December 6. So even though interviews have already started, there are a few more weeks of slots to go.[/quote]

There is an admissions chat going on right now and I was told that invitations would be going out for two more weeks!

"Hi, thank you for hosting. Can you provide any updates on interview invitations?"
Kelsey_Admissions: please be on the look out for an email over the next 2 weeks
"@Kelsey - Thank you. I thought invitations were only being sent through the 8th. Does these mean the period has been extended?"
Kelsey_Admissions: yes you will know the final decision over the next 2 weeks

Interesting...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 20

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 09:35
I really want to believe it isn't over, but this fits almost perfectly with their original date of November 15th... She said final decisions were due in two weeks, which was already true... I'm turning into a glass-half-empty guy with this silence...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Schools: Fuqua (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 2

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 09:36
I believe the admissios blog said for those who didn't get an interview invitation , the final decision would come o November 15.

So she is probably referring to this information.

I want to believe but it is hard when you dont have enough information to make conclusions!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 09:39
DTOMAS wrote:
I believe the admissios blog said for those who didn't get an interview invitation , the final decision would come o November 15.

So she is probably referring to this information.

I want to believe but it is hard when you dont have enough information to make conclusions!!


Got it. Final decision being "waitlist without interview" or "ding".
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Schools: Fuqua (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 25 [4] , given: 2

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 09:49
4
This post received
KUDOS
The best leading indicator would be the proof that some of the R1 applications havent't been fully evaluated by the admission officers. So we could be sure that there are still some room for more invitations. Wouldnt make sense fill all the interview spots without evaluating all the candidates.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 55
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 18:41
Interesting turn of events....lets continue to hang on to this lifeboat of hope in a sinking ship. Amen. :pray:

Surprisingly I have not seen any interview invitations this entire week.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 32
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 22

Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 19:05
You're right r2k, interesting situation this week, nobody reporting invitations, but the adcom reviewing apps. I'd bet they'll send a whole batch on Friday
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2013, 19:05
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT-MSMS Applicants(2015 Intake) - Class of 2016 Narenn 1 08 Jun 2014, 05:50
23 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 Narenn 61 08 Jun 2014, 05:40
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students Ward2012 2 26 Dec 2013, 09:17
25 Experts publish their posts in the topic Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling All Waitlisted Applicants missxmelon 181 16 Nov 2013, 11:32
4 Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants mNeo 619 13 Aug 2007, 21:02
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  71    Next  [ 1404 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.