Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 22:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: 1420 Q790 V630
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 17:41
dinhcara wrote:
Did any international applicant get an invite?

I'm an international from Asia, I didn't get any mail or information from MIT LGO.

Is there a different process of international appllicant? not sure, I think I'll get reject mail
(today is 1/17! and people got invi at 1/13... shoot..)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sloan '14 (A)
GRE 1: 321 Q162 V159
GPA: 3.59
WE: Other (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 20:09
titanp321 wrote:
hey EngineeringMBA, I noticed you applied last year to the program. Did you get an interview and could you provide any insight?

Does anyone have any idea what the probability of acceptance is after an interview? I'm thinking its slightly higher than 50%. Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: I have 0 access to admissions and my opinions are just the information I gathered when I went through the application process.

As far as the admissions rate for people at interviewfest goes, I believe the numbers run something like ~120 invitations to interview and ~55 acceptance letters. So slightly below 50%. I dont know if the numbers have changed or will stay the same, but I believe that was the case my year (2012)

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 22:30
gatech2lgo wrote:
titanp321 wrote:
hey EngineeringMBA, I noticed you applied last year to the program. Did you get an interview and could you provide any insight?

Does anyone have any idea what the probability of acceptance is after an interview? I'm thinking its slightly higher than 50%. Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: I have 0 access to admissions and my opinions are just the information I gathered when I went through the application process.

As far as the admissions rate for people at interviewfest goes, I believe the numbers run something like ~120 invitations to interview and ~55 acceptance letters. So slightly below 50%. I dont know if the numbers have changed or will stay the same, but I believe that was the case my year (2012)

Good Luck!

Thanks gatech2lgo. Do you know if all LGO interviews are conducted during interviewfest or are there any conducted after? Also, how common it is to be accepted into Engineering/Sloan if not accepted into LGO?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sloan '14 (A)
GRE 1: 321 Q162 V159
GPA: 3.59
WE: Other (Consulting)

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 06:55
arn0 wrote:

Thanks gatech2lgo. Do you know if all LGO interviews are conducted during interviewfest or are there any conducted after? Also, how common it is to be accepted into Engineering/Sloan if not accepted into LGO?

Arn0, I have no idea what the numbers are, but people are invited to interview after interviewfest, I just have no idea if it is 1 or 20. I imagine that it depends on how interviewfest goes.

Acceptance into Enginner/Sloan does happen, my year there was at least one and I have heard of others but dont have the numbers/year fresh in my mind. I think, however, that it is just a handful for Sloan and I have 0 idea on the Engineering side.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sloan '16 (S)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE: Engineering (Insurance)

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 06:53
Hi All,

I applied to the LGO program through Sloan and am curious where others may be in terms of their application status as listed on Sloan's site.

I didn't receive an LGO interview invitation with the round that went out for a few weeks ago and at this point am not expecting to be invited to interview for the LGO program. Where does that put me in the regular Sloan process for R2?

My status on Sloan's site is listed as "Submitted," as it has been since I submitted. For those with "Complete and being evaluated" status, how soon was the change made from "submitted?" Although they say there are some LGO rejects that are admitted R2, I can't tell whether those are rejects that LGO interviewed or not.

Anybody else still at "Submitted" and not yet at "Completed...?" My fear is that either:

1. Whatever grouping of ultimately-rejected LGO applicants I am in will not be considered independently on time with other Sloan R2 group, thereby reducing chances of admission to just Sloan.
2. My application was incomplete (99% sure this is not the case)
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 09:05
cheezy31 wrote:
Hi All,

I applied to the LGO program through Sloan and am curious where others may be in terms of their application status as listed on Sloan's site.

I didn't receive an LGO interview invitation with the round that went out for a few weeks ago and at this point am not expecting to be invited to interview for the LGO program. Where does that put me in the regular Sloan process for R2?

My status on Sloan's site is listed as "Submitted," as it has been since I submitted. For those with "Complete and being evaluated" status, how soon was the change made from "submitted?" Although they say there are some LGO rejects that are admitted R2, I can't tell whether those are rejects that LGO interviewed or not.

Anybody else still at "Submitted" and not yet at "Completed...?" My fear is that either:

1. Whatever grouping of ultimately-rejected LGO applicants I am in will not be considered independently on time with other Sloan R2 group, thereby reducing chances of admission to just Sloan.

I'm in the same boat as you. My application is still at "Submitted" too and I haven't received an interview invitation.
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 20:56
cheezy31 wrote:
Hi All,

Same situation.. I hate this situation.. I didn't get any mail from MIT LGO even ding..

I almost give up now.. :cry:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 2

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
Don't give up yet! Based on last year's thread, there were still interview invites after the first wave. My application also says "Submitted" and I received an interview, so they may still be reviewing your applications.
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 19:17
Hey, did anyone get an interview invite after the first batch of invites?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 10:49
onlyaks wrote:
Hey, did anyone get an interview invite after the first batch of invites?

I'm an international applicant also haven't received any invitations mails yet. I emailed last week to adcom and was told that they still reviewing applications and invitations has not been sent out yet. I'm getting nervous as it gets closer to 28th Feb, but nothing much to do, just wait.
The application status still will be "Submitted" till the decision deadline (it actually says on the application page).

If anybody already got invited let us know.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 0

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2014, 08:08
This post received
KUDOS
International Applicants? There seem to be a few questions about international applicants and whether or not the process is different. While I am not one, and I certainly cannot be certain, I will share that I recall speaking with one applicant that was international at InterviewFest and during my interview the interviewer mentioned how some of the applicants from overseas did not make their flights due to weather/etc. Of course, these could be U.S. citizens living abroad, or they could be international - didn't really probe that.

Additional Invitations? With that said, from everything I have gathered, the ADCOM will most likely review all the applicants already interviewed during InterviewFest, which was only a week ago, and then issue further invites as they see fit. So, if you didn't receive an initial invitation, don't lose hope because additional invitations have probably not been sent yet as the first batch is still being evaluated.

Moreover, an official "ding" letter will probably not come until after they have made their final selections near the end of the month (apparently). Can't confirm, but that is what I have read.

I'll finally just echo the "submitted" verbiage on the application website. It does not appear to change.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 00:03
dukenavybs wrote:
International Applicants? There seem to be a few questions about international applicants and whether or not the process is different. While I am not one, and I certainly cannot be certain, I will share that I recall speaking with one applicant that was international at InterviewFest and during my interview the interviewer mentioned how some of the applicants from overseas did not make their flights due to weather/etc. Of course, these could be U.S. citizens living abroad, or they could be international - didn't really probe that.

Additional Invitations? With that said, from everything I have gathered, the ADCOM will most likely review all the applicants already interviewed during InterviewFest, which was only a week ago, and then issue further invites as they see fit. So, if you didn't receive an initial invitation, don't lose hope because additional invitations have probably not been sent yet as the first batch is still being evaluated.

Moreover, an official "ding" letter will probably not come until after they have made their final selections near the end of the month (apparently). Can't confirm, but that is what I have read.

I'll finally just echo the "submitted" verbiage on the application website. It does not appear to change.

Best of luck!

Thank you, good information.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 43

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 15:47
Two more weeks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT-LGO '16 (M)

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 15:54
Yes, two very long weeks!
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 08:57
PBM2013 wrote:
Yes, two very long weeks!

The wait is killing me. Any thoughts as to when we'll hear next week?

Looks like the decision date has been on a Monday in the past and calls went out on Thursday / Friday.
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT-LGO '16 (M)

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 07:12
Wow, it was terrible to receive the "LGO InterviewFest Event Feedback?" e-mail today!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 09:34
Yea - I received that while still in bed and I just about had a heart attack. Quite the wake up!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 43

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 09:49
dukenavybs wrote:
Yea - I received that while still in bed and I just about had a heart attack. Quite the wake up!

Same here!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 11:37
EngineeringMBA wrote:
dukenavybs wrote:

Same here!

F*ck, haven't got anything :{
Intern
Intern

Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 21:22
AJavadov wrote:
EngineeringMBA wrote:
dukenavybs wrote:

Same here!

F*ck, haven't got anything :{

Me neither! :cry:
Re: Sloan (MIT): MIT-LGO 2014 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2014, 21:22