Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Smith '15 (I)
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Hey guys,

I have got an interview call today from Smith. I applied in R3, submitted my app on jan 15. What are the interview types available ? Alumni or Adcom ?

Also my online app shows please schedule an interview but there is no link for a scheduler. How did you guys schedule your interview and what type ?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Send PM
Sridharan

You may have to schedule your interview past Feb. 20 because when I scheduled my interview time there was no date available except Feb 13th then Feb 20th and beyond. This is what i'm using to prepare for my interview though

https://www.accepted.com/mba/interviews/ ... mit=Submit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Little confused here! I have given my interview on 7th Jan 2013 (Rd-2 applicant). I was told by the end of interview that the admission decision will be out for me on 15th Jan 13. There seems a lot of delay and I haven't received any mail thereafter. Adcom confirmed that it will take more time.

If somebody can throw light on it, may i ask by when the round-2 admits will be finally declared. My assumption so far - 15th Feb 2013 (as per Smith's website).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Send PM
abhishekpatola wrote:
Little confused here! I have given my interview on 7th Jan 2013 (Rd-2 applicant). I was told by the end of interview that the admission decision will be out for me on 15th Jan 13. There seems a lot of delay and I haven't received any mail thereafter. Adcom confirmed that it will take more time.

If somebody can throw light on it, may i ask by when the round-2 admits will be finally declared. My assumption so far - 15th Feb 2013 (as per Smith's website).

The adcom could have just said the wrong month. How did you like the campus? I don't interview till Feb 13th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TRISTLW wrote:
abhishekpatola wrote:

The adcom could have just said the wrong month. How did you like the campus? I don't interview till Feb 13th.

Thanks TRISTLW! So am i pushed to assume! Sorry I was not clear above! I am an Indian candidate and the interview went for around 40 minutes on Skype. Fortunately, I got my under-grad colleague pursuing MBA in 2014 batch and the campus seems quite happening to me! However, nothing like personally visiting it once! Your comments on it though?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhishekpatola wrote:

Yeah! I guess the a dcom might have got confused with the deadlines!!.

It is supposed to be out before or on 15th February. Whom did you have your interview with?

I am also a R2 applicant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nehamahajan wrote:
abhishekpatola wrote:

Yeah! I guess the a dcom might have got confused with the deadlines!!.

It is supposed to be out before or on 15th February. Whom did you have your interview with?

I am also a R2 applicant.

It was Mr. Dustin for me! Pretty cool interview and ever smiling people had some healthy conversation there. However, with everyday passing by, I am overcooking things around the interview :) . How was your interview?

Can I ask all mates to kindly update the forum here asap as and when they get their results while you start your celebration in coming days? All the best to all here!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My interview was with Ms. Berberabe. For me the interview was quite grilling.

Fingers crossed!! I hope I get through.

The trend has been accepted people get emails before the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's great! Yeah fingers crossed for all who gave their heart in getting an admit here!

OK! Does that mean a week before or a day before? I have been such a maniac lately! "F5 on the mailbox" appears as my hobby lately! :-D

Also if you have any idea, does the scholarship mail(if any) come right with it or a day after?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhishekpatola wrote:
That's great! Yeah fingers crossed for all who gave their heart in getting an admit here!

OK! Does that mean a week before or a day before? I have been such a maniac lately! "F5 on the mailbox" appears as my hobby lately! :-D

Also if you have any idea, does the scholarship mail(if any) come right with it or a day after?

Scholarship mail comes later I guess. That how it has been for R1 applicants.

Could you please share your profile.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Congratulations!

On behalf of the Robert H. Smith School of Business Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee, I am delighted to inform you that we have reviewed your application for admission and have forwarded your file to the University of Maryland's central Graduate School with our full recommendation for official admission into the Fall 2013 term! You will shortly receive correspondence from the Graduate School regarding your official admission status to the University of Maryland.

^
^
^
Please anyone confirm me that receiving email looks like this means I am admitted to the Smith?
I got this email last night and 2 following emails regarding admitted student weekend meeting and a website link.
I just wanna make sure that I will be 100% admitted to the program.
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Contratulations..you have been admitted

I received a similar mail and i mailed the adcom for clarifications. They said that there is no case under which a file is forwarded and the admission is not geanted by the graduate school. You will receive details of your your financial award in a few days :)

hybridnora wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations!

On behalf of the Robert H. Smith School of Business Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee, I am delighted to inform you that we have reviewed your application for admission and have forwarded your file to the University of Maryland's central Graduate School with our full recommendation for official admission into the Fall 2013 term! You will shortly receive correspondence from the Graduate School regarding your official admission status to the University of Maryland.

^
^
^
Please anyone confirm me that receiving email looks like this means I am admitted to the Smith?
I got this email last night and 2 following emails regarding admitted student weekend meeting and a website link.
I just wanna make sure that I will be 100% admitted to the program.
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh thank you ankitsingh7. Got me out of anxiety. haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Just received my first admit and it feels great. Interviewed on Wednesday, woke up to a decision this morning. No scholarship info yet for me either, so I'm hoping that I get at least something. Congrats to the rest of the admits and good luck to the folks that are still in the application process.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
ChevVCaprice wrote:
Just received my first admit and it feels great. Interviewed on Wednesday, woke up to a decision this morning. No scholarship info yet for me either, so I'm hoping that I get at least something. Congrats to the rest of the admits and good luck to the folks that are still in the application process.

Congratulations! More to come. I interviewed before January 15, yet to receive the decision. All th best to everyone, including me! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.92
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
ChevVCaprice wrote:

Congrats-- I too just received my first admit and second that feeling great! I interviewed this past Tuesday (2/6) and received an email Saturday morning! No any additional scholarship info yet either, but it looks like others received it a few business days after automated email. I was told that there will be an admit weekend the first weekend of March--anyone planning on going? I am DC based, but do have some previous engagements/wedding I may try and to work around so I can meet others. Good to luck to all who are still going through the process, Smith has certainly made it enjoyable and has been very transparent and receptive!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
DC1629 wrote:
ChevVCaprice wrote:

Congrats-- I too just received my first admit and second that feeling great! I interviewed this past Tuesday (2/6) and received an email Saturday morning! No any additional scholarship info yet either, but it looks like others received it a few business days after automated email. I was told that there will be an admit weekend the first weekend of March--anyone planning on going? I am DC based, but do have some previous engagements/wedding I may try and to work around so I can meet others. Good to luck to all who are still going through the process, Smith has certainly made it enjoyable and has been very transparent and receptive!

I interviewed 2/7 and received my admission decision 2/9 as well. Smith has been great so far and I'm planning on attending admit weekend in March. Hope to meet some of you there.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts