Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Nov 2014, 07:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 08:32
Peewee,

Congratulations!
Now that you are accepted, even when still awaiting decisions, you can reach out to current students. As an accepted student, I would reach out to 1st year students since you will be interacting with them next year. I have found the students at Smith are more than willing to help answer your questions.

Are you planning to attend the accepted students weekend? I live in DC, so will be going, looks like an excellent opportunity to meet the Smith community.

Regards,
td
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '15 (S)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 03:36
Any round 2 applicants with final decisions?
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 03:36
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 10:43
nehamahajan wrote:

Round 2 Decision Day isn't until 2/15. A little over 3 more weeks (feels like 3 months). :roll:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 11:24
I have a final decision but no scholarship decision. The deposit date is March 15 which is before some schools decisions...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Smith '15 (I)
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 23:25
Hey guys,

I have got an interview call today from Smith. I applied in R3, submitted my app on jan 15. What are the interview types available ? Alumni or Adcom ?

Also my online app shows please schedule an interview but there is no link for a scheduler. How did you guys schedule your interview and what type ?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 07:40
Sridharan

You may have to schedule your interview past Feb. 20 because when I scheduled my interview time there was no date available except Feb 13th then Feb 20th and beyond. This is what i'm using to prepare for my interview though

http://www.accepted.com/mba/interviews/ ... mit=Submit

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)

MBA Full time Rd-2 Admission Decisions' Deadline [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 22:57
Little confused here! I have given my interview on 7th Jan 2013 (Rd-2 applicant). I was told by the end of interview that the admission decision will be out for me on 15th Jan 13. There seems a lot of delay and I haven't received any mail thereafter. Adcom confirmed that it will take more time.

If somebody can throw light on it, may i ask by when the round-2 admits will be finally declared. My assumption so far - 15th Feb 2013 (as per Smith's website).
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: MBA Full time Rd-2 Admission Decisions' Deadline [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 07:48
abhishekpatola wrote:
Little confused here! I have given my interview on 7th Jan 2013 (Rd-2 applicant). I was told by the end of interview that the admission decision will be out for me on 15th Jan 13. There seems a lot of delay and I haven't received any mail thereafter. Adcom confirmed that it will take more time.

If somebody can throw light on it, may i ask by when the round-2 admits will be finally declared. My assumption so far - 15th Feb 2013 (as per Smith's website).

The adcom could have just said the wrong month. How did you like the campus? I don't interview till Feb 13th.

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

Intern
Intern

Re: MBA Full time Rd-2 Admission Decisions' Deadline [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 12:23
TRISTLW wrote:
abhishekpatola wrote:

The adcom could have just said the wrong month. How did you like the campus? I don't interview till Feb 13th.

Thanks TRISTLW! So am i pushed to assume! Sorry I was not clear above! I am an Indian candidate and the interview went for around 40 minutes on Skype. Fortunately, I got my under-grad colleague pursuing MBA in 2014 batch and the campus seems quite happening to me! However, nothing like personally visiting it once! Your comments on it though?
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA Full time Rd-2 Admission Decisions' Deadline [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 22:12
abhishekpatola wrote:

Yeah! I guess the a dcom might have got confused with the deadlines!!.

It is supposed to be out before or on 15th February. Whom did you have your interview with?

I am also a R2 applicant.
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA Full time Rd-2 Admission Decisions' Deadline [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 22:24
nehamahajan wrote:
abhishekpatola wrote:

Yeah! I guess the a dcom might have got confused with the deadlines!!.

It is supposed to be out before or on 15th February. Whom did you have your interview with?

I am also a R2 applicant.

It was Mr. Dustin for me! Pretty cool interview and ever smiling people had some healthy conversation there. However, with everyday passing by, I am overcooking things around the interview :) . How was your interview?

Can I ask all mates to kindly update the forum here asap as and when they get their results while you start your celebration in coming days? All the best to all here!
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 22:36
My interview was with Ms. Berberabe. For me the interview was quite grilling.

Fingers crossed!! I hope I get through.

The trend has been accepted people get emails before the deadline.
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 23:11
That's great! Yeah fingers crossed for all who gave their heart in getting an admit here!

OK! Does that mean a week before or a day before? I have been such a maniac lately! "F5 on the mailbox" appears as my hobby lately! :-D

Also if you have any idea, does the scholarship mail(if any) come right with it or a day after?
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 23:19
abhishekpatola wrote:
That's great! Yeah fingers crossed for all who gave their heart in getting an admit here!

OK! Does that mean a week before or a day before? I have been such a maniac lately! "F5 on the mailbox" appears as my hobby lately! :-D

Also if you have any idea, does the scholarship mail(if any) come right with it or a day after?

Scholarship mail comes later I guess. That how it has been for R1 applicants.

Could you please share your profile.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 18:43
Quote:
Congratulations!

On behalf of the Robert H. Smith School of Business Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee, I am delighted to inform you that we have reviewed your application for admission and have forwarded your file to the University of Maryland's central Graduate School with our full recommendation for official admission into the Fall 2013 term! You will shortly receive correspondence from the Graduate School regarding your official admission status to the University of Maryland.

^
^
^
Please anyone confirm me that receiving email looks like this means I am admitted to the Smith?
I got this email last night and 2 following emails regarding admitted student weekend meeting and a website link.
I just wanna make sure that I will be 100% admitted to the program.
Thank you!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 20:34
Contratulations..you have been admitted

I received a similar mail and i mailed the adcom for clarifications. They said that there is no case under which a file is forwarded and the admission is not geanted by the graduate school. You will receive details of your your financial award in a few days :)

hybridnora wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations!

On behalf of the Robert H. Smith School of Business Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee, I am delighted to inform you that we have reviewed your application for admission and have forwarded your file to the University of Maryland's central Graduate School with our full recommendation for official admission into the Fall 2013 term! You will shortly receive correspondence from the Graduate School regarding your official admission status to the University of Maryland.

^
^
^
Please anyone confirm me that receiving email looks like this means I am admitted to the Smith?
I got this email last night and 2 following emails regarding admitted student weekend meeting and a website link.
I just wanna make sure that I will be 100% admitted to the program.
Thank you!

Regards,
Ankit Singh

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 22:34
Oh thank you ankitsingh7. Got me out of anxiety. haha
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 13:12
Just received my first admit and it feels great. Interviewed on Wednesday, woke up to a decision this morning. No scholarship info yet for me either, so I'm hoping that I get at least something. Congrats to the rest of the admits and good luck to the folks that are still in the application process.
Intern
Intern
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2013, 13:23
ChevVCaprice wrote:
Just received my first admit and it feels great. Interviewed on Wednesday, woke up to a decision this morning. No scholarship info yet for me either, so I'm hoping that I get at least something. Congrats to the rest of the admits and good luck to the folks that are still in the application process.

Congratulations! More to come. I interviewed before January 15, yet to receive the decision. All th best to everyone, including me! :)
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2013, 13:23