Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.92
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 21

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:37
This post received
KUDOS
In with a Fellowship offer and pretty pumped :-D :-D :-D ! Hope to see some of you all March 2nd!
Intern
Intern
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 21:42
Decision day.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 22:17
Many congratulations to those who have got an admit!

I am not sure if this day is really going to be a decision day for all who dint get an admit or reject so far for Rd-2 admissions. The only reason being that the aspirants who cracked it have all got the admit within 10 days of interview (as the trend goes here). It is more likely that few people will today get the mail that they are wait-listed for now. Now they are just a personal opinion and the output of all the cook-ups I have done over the month :lol: . To all the people who are still waiting, good luck mates! Maryland definitely is not the end!

May I ask your opinion about the case where there is no mail of acceptance or rejection by end of 15th Feb? Is that a ding for sure? I am now having very less hopes from here and won't count this as my D-day anyways. Disappointed about the fact that I understood my interview session was great. Time for retrospection! :evil:
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 07:29
Waitlisted
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 07:30
abhishekpatola wrote:
Many congratulations to those who have got an admit!

I am not sure if this day is really going to be a decision day for all who dint get an admit or reject so far for Rd-2 admissions. The only reason being that the aspirants who cracked it have all got the admit within 10 days of interview (as the trend goes here). It is more likely that few people will today get the mail that they are wait-listed for now. Now they are just a personal opinion and the output of all the cook-ups I have done over the month :lol: . To all the people who are still waiting, good luck mates! Maryland definitely is not the end!

May I ask your opinion about the case where there is no mail of acceptance or rejection by end of 15th Feb? Is that a ding for sure? I am now having very less hopes from here and won't count this as my D-day anyways. Disappointed about the fact that I understood my interview session was great. Time for retrospection! :evil:

Decision is on the application page
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 07:43
Thank you Mamag7b but the application shows submitted and thats all! There is no update in status further!
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 07:48
abhishekpatola wrote:
Thank you Mamag7b but the application shows submitted and thats all! There is no update in status further!

Did you apply for R2? if yes, there is a decision link at the bottom of the page, you click on it for the decision.

All the best.
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 07:54
Mamag7b wrote:
abhishekpatola wrote:

Did you apply for R2? if yes, there is a decision link at the bottom of the page, you click on it for the decision.

All the best.

Yeah there is indeed a link in the bottom but for "logout"! Nice try dude! :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 07:55
abhishekpatola wrote:
Mamag7b wrote:
abhishekpatola wrote:

All the best.

Yeah there is indeed a link in the bottom but for "logout"! Nice try dude! :)

:lol:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
WE: Investment Banking (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 22:34
No email yet. Portal not updated. What do I make of this. Dont think its a ding.
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 23:15
I had a very good impression of Maryland before this! Even in a small company and colleges, professionalism is a must! By any god damn basics of any standards, a deadline date must be always met ! Sorry if I sound emotional but this is quite weird!
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 04:13
Portal is updated for me now! Waitlisted!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
WE: Investment Banking (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Reviews Badge
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 06:34
abhishekpatola wrote:

Nothing for me yet. Its presidents day, I doubt the admissions will do much today.
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 08:10
I have a question, if wait listed then later admitted does the applicant get any form of funding?
Thank you.
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 09:01
MichaelScottDMifflin wrote:
abhishekpatola wrote:

Nothing for me yet. Its presidents day, I doubt the admissions will do much today.

My status got updated on 18th Feb 13. I believe this was reflected much because of my mail asking for the status after the deadline got over. Ofcourse i was careful with my words there! :shock:
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 14:04
Accepted!!

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 21:11
i have a question for people who were accepted.

maryland asks for a deposit by march 15th and i am still waiting to hear back from other schools. anyone else facing the same situation? i saw a few people in this thread applied to georgetown as well, and i think they send out their decision march 15th for round 2 applicants and another school i applied to has a notification deadline in april. i really do like smith and would happily attend, but i would at least like to have all the decisions in before i pick a school.

has anyone asked maryland for an extension for paying the deposit? the $1000 deposit is non-refundable, so i'd rather not throw it away if i decide to go elsewhere.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 12:55
I would wait till March 15th to make the deposit just to make sure. I confident that I will attend Maryland but I have 2 more schools to wait on and they are possibly full scholly $$$

Follow my Blog as I attempt to pay it forward !!!
http://mbatechfinance.tumblr.com/

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 610 Q37 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 2

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 14:25
This post received
KUDOS
hle078 wrote:
i have a question for people who were accepted.

maryland asks for a deposit by march 15th and i am still waiting to hear back from other schools. anyone else facing the same situation? i saw a few people in this thread applied to georgetown as well, and i think they send out their decision march 15th for round 2 applicants and another school i applied to has a notification deadline in april. i really do like smith and would happily attend, but i would at least like to have all the decisions in before i pick a school.

has anyone asked maryland for an extension for paying the deposit? the $1000 deposit is non-refundable, so i'd rather not throw it away if i decide to go elsewhere.

I asked for an extension via the (admit [at] rhsmith [dot] umd <dot> edu inbox) until 3/22 (since my final decision comes 3/18) and was told it wouldn't be an issue. In my e-mail I mentioned that evaluating all of my financial options was important to me. Congrats and good luck.
Intern
Intern

Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 16:36
Does anyone have a timeline for the Admitted Students Weekend this week? I registered and have not received any information other than confirmation for registering.
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2013, 16:36