Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 01:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

So, i decided to take the gmat..

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Location: Toronto
Schools: Schulich
WE 1: Schulich
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

So, i decided to take the gmat.. [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2010, 04:23
hi everyone, I just came across this forum as a friend suggested it to me. I hope I am posting in the right section as well, if not my apologizes and I hope one of the mods can move my post.

I thought this summer I would study for the GMAT, so I went through many of the threads and posts here and must say that this is an excellent resource!

However, I am totally confused as to what course to enroll in... there are so many options and I am wondering if there is a course that is fully comprehensive and assumes that I have not taken the GMAT before and a course that has homework etc.

If anyone has a recommendation as to what course to take: Knewton, mgmat, veritas, kaplan i would greatly appreciate it.

My apologies again if it's posted in the wrong section.

Thank you
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: So, i decided to take the gmat.. [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2010, 07:00
sgarora wrote:
hi everyone, I just came across this forum as a friend suggested it to me. I hope I am posting in the right section as well, if not my apologizes and I hope one of the mods can move my post.

I thought this summer I would study for the GMAT, so I went through many of the threads and posts here and must say that this is an excellent resource!

However, I am totally confused as to what course to enroll in... there are so many options and I am wondering if there is a course that is fully comprehensive and assumes that I have not taken the GMAT before and a course that has homework etc.

If anyone has a recommendation as to what course to take: Knewton, mgmat, veritas, kaplan i would greatly appreciate it.

My apologies again if it's posted in the wrong section.

Thank you



If you want send me a PM message and I can talk to you in more detail about Knewton vs MGMAT. I am in Knewton right now and I am really pleased. Knewton is a great deal to be honest. The course is $690 but you can take a an immediate $100 discount and if I refer you we will both get an additional $100 refund after you start the course.

I don't work for Knewton or anything I have just been pleased with my experience.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 120
Location: Halifax, Canada
Schools: Dalhousie School of Business (Corporate Residency MBA)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 8

Re: So, i decided to take the gmat.. [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2010, 11:12
Nice! Do you have a date slated to write it yet?

Just FYI, depending on your learning style it might not be necessary to do a course. My GMAT studying was all self directed with only one hard copy book. But if you'd prefer a taught course and have the money (which I would have lacked anyway at the time, heh) then certainly look in to it.

If you'd like any advice for self-directed stuff I'd be more than happy to share though. Just ask.

Good luck!
_________________

I'm a current Corporate Residency MBA student at Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia, Canada).
This account is to help spread the word about this unique program, as well as to help provide a student perspective for MBA applications and GMAT experiences.

Every week I publish a blog about life in the CRMBA by interviewing current students. Find us on Twitter and Facebook, or post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread here on gmatclub.com

Highlights of the program include:

Specifically designed by Corporations/Employers, No work experience necessary, 8-month paid corporate residency, Grades/GMAT score not the main focus for admittance

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: So, i decided to take the gmat.. [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2010, 16:58
dalmba wrote:
Nice! Do you have a date slated to write it yet?

Just FYI, depending on your learning style it might not be necessary to do a course. My GMAT studying was all self directed with only one hard copy book. But if you'd prefer a taught course and have the money (which I would have lacked anyway at the time, heh) then certainly look in to it.

If you'd like any advice for self-directed stuff I'd be more than happy to share though. Just ask.

Good luck!


Hey Dalmba,
I am also a Dal grad. Graduated in 2005 (E/Engr). Did you do your undergrad at Dal too?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12017
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7604 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: So, i decided to take the gmat.. [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2010, 20:08
Expert's post
See this list of course/class reviews: gmat-prep-courses-classes-reviews-ratings-discount-offers-78451.html
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 120
Location: Halifax, Canada
Schools: Dalhousie School of Business (Corporate Residency MBA)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 8

Re: So, i decided to take the gmat.. [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2010, 09:39
daimler wrote:
Hey Dalmba,
I am also a Dal grad. Graduated in 2005 (E/Engr). Did you do your undergrad at Dal too?


I did indeed, BSc(H) Psychology, 2009. Are you still in Halifax?
_________________

I'm a current Corporate Residency MBA student at Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia, Canada).
This account is to help spread the word about this unique program, as well as to help provide a student perspective for MBA applications and GMAT experiences.

Every week I publish a blog about life in the CRMBA by interviewing current students. Find us on Twitter and Facebook, or post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread here on gmatclub.com

Highlights of the program include:

Specifically designed by Corporations/Employers, No work experience necessary, 8-month paid corporate residency, Grades/GMAT score not the main focus for admittance

Re: So, i decided to take the gmat..   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2010, 09:39
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic A student has decided to take GMAT and TOEFL examinations cyberjadugar 19 19 Jun 2012, 07:52
Ok , So I've tried taking notes and not taking notes while georgepaul0071987 8 28 Nov 2011, 03:39
1 Trying to decide if I should take the GMAT now or later? deebee29 5 04 Jun 2011, 05:27
How do you decide on when to take the GMAT exam? sang5650 5 26 Mar 2010, 13:35
I decided that I would either take my daughter to the cinema prinits 7 07 Jun 2009, 05:56
Display posts from previous: Sort by

So, i decided to take the gmat..

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.