Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

so the struggle continues...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
so the struggle continues... [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2007, 10:45
So my test is scheduled for early Nov and I am also applying to R2 to a few target schools. not sure if I will actually go Fall 2008 or the year after.

I've been studying intensely for the past few months. Into my fourth session of MGMAT (which has been wonderful! Why didn't I enroll sooner???) I've taken a couple of practice tests so .. 650 for GMATPREP 1 (44Q/34V) back in Aug and one this morning for MGMAT (43Q/36V) again another 650...

My goal is to score over 700. Given that I have about 6 weeks to go, what do you think are my chances of reaching this goal? I felt the past test I took today wasn't the best reflection of how well I should be doing given all this extra studying (especially verbal since I was freaking out about the RC sections) but of course it was under timed conditions and I have to learn how to better manage my time for the real thing.

Thanks for any input!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: so the struggle continues... [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2007, 12:46
beckee529 wrote:
I've been studying intensely for the past few months. Into my fourth session of MGMAT (which has been wonderful! Why didn't I enroll sooner???) I've taken a couple of practice tests so .. 650 for GMATPREP 1 (44Q/34V) back in Aug and one this morning for MGMAT (43Q/36V) again another 650...

My goal is to score over 700. Given that I have about 6 weeks to go, what do you think are my chances of reaching this goal? I felt the past test I took today wasn't the best reflection of how well I should be doing given all this extra studying (especially verbal since I was freaking out about the RC sections) but of course it was under timed conditions and I have to learn how to better manage my time for the real thing.

Thanks for any input!

IMO it's a very positive sign. I think you can only do better from here on out! MGMAT quant sections are much harder than the actual test, and I believe MGMAT says the scores for their practice exams have a standard deviation (correct use of the term?) of +/- 30 points. So if you got a 650 in your last exam, it means at best you would get 680 on the real thing, at worst, 620.

I'm doing MGMAT too. Currently on my 3rd session. What do you think of taking the practice exams this early, even before all the material has been learned? I wanted to keep the exams till after I've completed the entire course, because I felt it would be a waste if I was attempting questions I had not even studied yet, but now I'm wondering if I should take a couple along the way...
Re: so the struggle continues...   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2007, 12:46