Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 01:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

So they give you laminated yellow paper and a marker?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
GPA: 3.81
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

So they give you laminated yellow paper and a marker? [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2012, 14:28
Is that what you are forced to use? How do you erase your writing--do you use a paper towel or something? Or do you need to ask for more laminated paper when you run out?
Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 2

Re: So they give you laminated yellow paper and a marker? [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2012, 20:04
Expert's post
Paradox69 wrote:
Is that what you are forced to use? How do you erase your writing--do you use a paper towel or something? Or do you need to ask for more laminated paper when you run out?
You will have 6 double-sides sheets of legal-size laminated paper. In my experience, that's more than enough for a single test section--which is fortunate, because the marker is wet-erase and can't really be wiped clean during the exam! In between each section, you should (and, from what I understand, must) turn in your notepad to get a clean one for the next part of the test. Most students will find this all the space for notes they need.

If you do run out of room, you can get a new one. Silently raise you hand--or, better yet, hold up your notebook--to get the test proctors attention. You'll likely lose 1-2 minutes off your test, which is less than ideal. However, it's quite manageable, if you just treat it exactly as if you spent too long on a single question. Look for opportunities to get back on track by taking a strategic guess or two on a high difficulty problem.

Good luck prepping, I hope this helps!

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews

Re: So they give you laminated yellow paper and a marker?   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2012, 20:04