Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 15:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Social researchers have calculated that the annual cost to U

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard, Columbia, Stern, Booth, LSB,
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 397 [0], given: 241

Social researchers have calculated that the annual cost to U [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 05:34
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

89% (01:57) correct 11% (01:10) wrong based on 24 sessions
Social researchers have calculated that the annual cost to Ukraine of alcohol abuse in foregone personal income is approximately $70 million per year.
A)the annual cost to Ukraine of alcohol abuse in foregone personal income is approximately $70 million per year
B)the annual cost of alcohol abuse to Ukraine is approximately $70 million per year in foregone personal income
C)approximately $70 million per year in foregone personal income is the annual cost to Ukraine of alcohol abuse
D)alcohol abuse costs Ukraine approximately $70 million per year in foregone personal income
E)foregone income costs Ukraine approximately $70 million per year in alcohol abuse
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

If you like my Question/Explanation or the contribution, Kindly appreciate by pressing KUDOS.
Kudos always maximizes GMATCLUB worth
-Game Theory

If you have any question regarding my post, kindly pm me or else I won't be able to reply

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Social researchers have calculated that the annual cost to U [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 06:07
Option D is making sense out of all other option - Conveys the meaning and concise also....
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 42

Reviews Badge
Re: Social researchers have calculated that the annual cost to U [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 10:50
i am going by POE, except D no other choice is making any sense.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 36

Re: Social researchers have calculated that the annual cost to U [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 11:41
AMITAGARWAL2 wrote:
i am going by POE, except D no other choice is making any sense.

Annual Cost ... Per Year are both redundant. We can eliminate A, B & C.

E is not clear in meaning or grammar

D is the answer

Maadhu

MGMAT1 - 540 ( Trying to improve )

Re: Social researchers have calculated that the annual cost to U   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2013, 11:41