Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I'm going to retake GMAT in October. Guys, allow me to create a personal topic here, I'm just trying to motivate myself with this re-taking process.
I took GMAT last Monday. Got 650 (Q46 V34). That was very upset coz' I'm aiming for 700+.
I knew I performed so bad in the test, ran out of time in Quant (I normally didn't in my practice, I normally scored 48-50 in GMATPrep and 46 in MGMAT).
For Verbal, it's kinda hard to understand, I felt comfortable with all the questions, I didn't feel any thing particularly challenging. But I scored so low, V34. At home I often scored 37-40... I want to bring my Verbal to 40+ and hold Quant at 50 if not 51...
So I've been studying all over again. And this topic is to keep track of my studying.
Tonight I do Quant only. My timing is good: no waste, no rush.
The first question was scary. But I got it right. .
Got Q7-8-9-10 incorrect, in a row! Then 14, 20, 22, 29, 32, 36. Some for carelessness (2 careless errors out of 10, the other 8 are challenging to me).
29. What is the result when x is rounded to the nearest hundredth?
(1) When x is rounded to the nearest thousandth the result is 0.455
(2) The thousandths digit of x is 5
32. If set S consists of the numbers 1, 5, -2, 8, and n, is 0<n<7?
(1) The median of the numbers in S is less than 5
(2) The median of the numbers in S is greater than 1
22. On the line number, the segment from 0 to 1 has been divided into fifths (indicated by the large tick marks), and also into sevenths (indicated by the small tick marks). What is the LEAST possible distance between any two of the tick marks?
A. 1/70 B. 1/35 C. 2/35 D. 1/12 E. 1/7
20. In the fraction x/y, where x and y are positive integers, what is the value of y?
(1) The least common denominator of x/y and 1/3 is 6
(2) x = 1
14. If two of the four expression x+y, x+5y, x-y and 5x-y are chosen at random, what is the probability that their product will be of the form x^2 - (by)^2, where b is an integer?
7. A certain jar contains only b black marbles, w white marbles, and r red marbles. If one marble is to be chosen at random from the jar, is the probability that the marble chosen will be red greater than the probability that the marble chosen will be white?
(1) r/(b+w) > w/(b+r)
(2) b-w > r
8. If n is a positive integer and r is the remainder when (n-1)(n+1) is divided by 24, what is the value if r?
304. For many people, household labor remains demanding even if able to afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle. (A) even if able to afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle (B) despite being able to afford household appliances their grandparents would find a miracle (C) even if they can afford household appliances their grandparents would have found miraculous (D) although they could afford household appliances their grandparents would find miraculous (E) even if they are able to afford household appliances which would have been a miracle to their grandparents
307. For most consumers, the price of automobile insurance continues to rise annually, even if free of damage claims and moving violations. (A) even if (B) despite being (C) even if they are (D) although they may be (E) even if remaining
309. For some birds the sense of smell appears to play a role in navigation, since pigeons with surgically removed olfactory nerves were found to have increased difficulties in homing. (A) were found to have increased difficulties (B) have been found to have increased difficulty (C) were found to have increasing difficulty (D) had been found to have increased difficulties (E) have been found to have increasing difficulties
The numbers we have are: -2, 1, 5, 8 and n. If n is less than or equal to 1, the median is always 1. But, for n>2, the median is n (for example for n=2, median is 2, for n=3, median=3) but for n>=5, median is always 5.
According to (1), median is less than 5. In order for this to happen, n must be greater than 2 and less than 5. That lies within (0,7) and therefore, this statement is sufficient.
According to (2), median>1. For this to happen, n should be greater than 2 as we said before. But, if n=10, then the median is 5 again. Therefore, we do not know if n lies in (0,7) and therefore, this statement is insufficient.
From the 4 given expressions, only two of them give a product in the x^2 - b^2y^2 fashion: x+y and x-y with product x^2 - y^2 (b=1). All the other expressions, if multiplied, will result in the appearence of the xy factor.
Yes I did, I revise it quite many times. The hardest thing to remember is IDIOMS. The hardest rules are COMPARISONS.
I need to be more stable.
Thanks for your encouraging words.
Just stick with it and you'll do fine. Think about creating an error list of SC's that you've missed and compare them for common mistakes and look for common "clues" that will help you see the error next time around.