After going through the forums and numerous posts, I realised that as a typical Indian/IT/Male, I have a very slight chance to get into any of the top finance programs. But hope is what keeps us going ,so I thought let me put my profile up here and see other ppl have to say about it; at the least it will give me somewhat a real picture! So here it goes -
1) Indian/IT/Male - non IIT engineer in comp scn.
2) 28 years.
3) GMAT: taking next month. for now lets assume it to be a well balanced 700+ ( if I go by gmat prep!)
3) 5+ years overall ex. and 3+ in investment banking tech in a major british IB ( take a guess
Quite a decent knowledge abt currency options ( vanilla as well exotics), pricing theory and product structuring. Interacted quite a bit with traders and structures situated across asia, europe and US.
Goes without saying, I know technology as well.
4) Certficates and awards in mixed martial arts.
5) Instructor in ballroom dancing (salsa, jive etc in weekends)
Initially , I wanted to be a quant jock, and then I decided to come down from my ego trip and evaluated my chances and more importantly my interest level in doing the derivation for black scholes.. and time series analysis and all that high jazz mathematics. My reaction - Do I want to be thrown out of the uni in three months time ??
Moreover, I don't want to write code anymore.. I want to go into sales and trading! (Amazing women these departments have!)
so guys what do u think? Do I have any chance to break into any of the good programs ( say ivy leagues , oxbridge, and ultra elite european school)