Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Some advice please - when to retake GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Some advice please - when to retake GMAT? [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2005, 17:56
I've taken the GMAT 2 times thus far. Most recently, on Nov 21st I scored 550 (V38, Q28), which was a 20 point improvement over the first time. I didn't study nearly enough between those two test. I think I got the OG about 2 weeks from my second test and only studied for a few hours. Immediately after the test I was convinced that things like number properties were screwing me up and that I needed to delve back into the basics and start to do as many problems as I can and really undestand what's screwing me up.
I discovered this site, downloaded the error log and now use that. I also participate a little here and there in the math forum (I don't always post, but I answer the questions on my own)

WELL, I followed the strategy above and the error log showed me that number properties aren't really a problem. It seems like misreading the question, or stupid mistakes are why I'm getting questions wrong which is something I can control if I'm just more careful. Also I am notorious for making things much harder than they really are. in doing the practice problems, I'm concious of this now and make an effort to realize and simplify things when they're getting too complicated.

SO, if it's just stupid errors, rather than inability to grasp how to do a problem, would you suggest I go ahead and retake the test now and hopefully improve the score and apply in R2? Or wait until beginning to mid january, continue to do practice probs and take the test and apply in R3?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Some advice please - when to retake GMAT? [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2005, 20:39
stretchad wrote:
SO, if it's just stupid errors, rather than inability to grasp how to do a problem, would you suggest I go ahead and retake the test now and hopefully improve the score and apply in R2? Or wait until beginning to mid january, continue to do practice probs and take the test and apply in R3?

Well, if it is just the 'stupid errors' that pull you down, how do you think waiting till jan will help you overcome that? Just be conscious of what you are doing, concentrate and that's it!
Believe me, participating in the forum will help you.
In a lighter vein, try meditation or yoga to improve concentration and focus :wink:
Anyways, Good Luck!
Re: Some advice please - when to retake GMAT?   [#permalink] 01 Dec 2005, 20:39