Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Some analysts of retirement problems insist that the only

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3571
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 357

Kudos [?]: 1753 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Some analysts of retirement problems insist that the only [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 01:26
Expert's post
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
657. Some analysts of retirement problems insist that the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate all retirement-income systems, including Social Security, into one central system.

(A) insist that the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate
(B) have insisted the only way equity and protection can be provided for all Americans is amalgamating
(C) insist the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is the amalgamation of
(D) are insistent that the only way equity and protection can be provided for all Americans is the amalgamation of
(E) insist that the only way for the provision of equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1941
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 274 [1] , given: 1

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: #657 SC1000 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 01:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:
657. Some analysts of retirement problems insist that the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate all retirement-income systems, including Social Security, into one central system.

(A) insist that the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate
(B) have insisted the only way equity and protection can be provided for all Americans is amalgamating
(C) insist the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is the amalgamation of
(D) are insistent that the only way equity and protection can be provided for all Americans is the amalgamation of
(E) insist that the only way for the provision of equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate


Hi Walker,
Nice to see you! Not see you in Math forum.

Here is my cent! hehe

1. insist that...so, B and C out. Also "have insisted" in B is not in need

2. the only way to do something. So D and E out

Correct me if I am wrong!
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3571
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 357

Kudos [?]: 1753 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: #657 SC1000 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 02:34
Expert's post
sondenso wrote:
Hi Walker, Nice to see you! Not see you in Math forum.


Hi! :) I'm all in SC now (the worst part of Verbal). I spent 2 month for 700 SC of 1000SC and increased my SC skills only by 10% (from 45-50% to 55-60%). Now, I radically change my tactic and use my program for my E-ten and reach 70%-level for 7 days :shock: I'm going to return Math forum after 80% in SC :-D

sondenso wrote:
Here is my cent! hehe

1. insist that...so, B and C out. Also "have insisted" in B is not in need

2. the only way to do something. So D and E out

Correct me if I am wrong!


OA is A

Thank you very much for your explanation and for two new idioms :)
+1
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 2501
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 500 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User
Re: #657 SC1000 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 09:38
walker wrote:
657. Some analysts of retirement problems insist that the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate all retirement-income systems, including Social Security, into one central system.

(A) insist that the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate
(B) have insisted the only way equity and protection can be provided for all Americans is amalgamating
(C) insist the only way to provide equity and protection for all Americans is the amalgamation of
(D) are insistent that the only way equity and protection can be provided for all Americans is the amalgamation of
(E) insist that the only way for the provision of equity and protection for all Americans is to amalgamate


A. BCD are easily ruled out. E is little bit close but the bold part, which is not clear and succint in expression, has problem.
"insist that" is correct.
_________________

Verbal: new-to-the-verbal-forum-please-read-this-first-77546.html
Math: new-to-the-math-forum-please-read-this-first-77764.html
Gmat: everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html


GT

SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1941
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 274 [0], given: 1

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: #657 SC1000 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 18:54
walker wrote:
sondenso wrote:
Hi Walker, Nice to see you! Not see you in Math forum.


Hi! :) I'm all in SC now (the worst part of Verbal). I spent 2 month for 700 SC of 1000SC and increased my SC skills only by 10% (from 45-50% to 55-60%). Now, I radically change my tactic and use my program for my E-ten and reach 70%-level for 7 days :shock: I'm going to return Math forum after 80% in SC :-D

sondenso wrote:
Here is my cent! hehe

1. insist that...so, B and C out. Also "have insisted" in B is not in need

2. the only way to do something. So D and E out

Correct me if I am wrong!


OA is A

Thank you very much for your explanation and for two new idioms :)
+1


You are welcomed! Do you take a look at Manhattan SC guide? it is really helpful. Let take a look at it!

By the way, i really appreciated if you spend a little time with some my questions on Math forum!

Thank you!

_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3571
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 357

Kudos [?]: 1753 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: #657 SC1000 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 21:04
Expert's post
sondenso wrote:
You are welcomed! Do you take a look at Manhattan SC guide? it is really helpful. Let take a look at it!

By the way, i really appreciated if you spend a little time with some my questions on Math forum!

Thank you!


I'll be back! 8-)
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Re: #657 SC1000   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2008, 21:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Some meteorologists have insisted that the severity of the Legendaddy 3 27 Jan 2013, 17:31
Some analysts of retirement problems insist that the only fall2009 1 30 Nov 2009, 20:48
8 Experts publish their posts in the topic Some analysts contend that true capitalism exists only when sher676 33 05 Aug 2009, 16:41
Some analysts contend that true capitalism exists only when HongHu 7 27 Jan 2005, 00:01
1 Some analysts contend that true capitalism exists only when krish 7 15 Sep 2004, 18:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Some analysts of retirement problems insist that the only

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.