Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 20:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Some Haas PT Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Some Haas PT Questions [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2007, 16:16
hi,

not sure how many clubbers are applying for the Haas-PT program, but I had a couple of questions about it:

- intermediate and long term goals --- are there any well known timelines for this question?

- i am writing about my passion in environmental issues. and in 3-4 years i would like to shift from hi-tech to alternate energy. is writing about a career switch in the long term anyhow detrimental for a PT program. my understanding is that the applicants looking to switch careers are typically FT candidates...

many thanks!
-roli
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: Some Haas PT Questions [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2007, 17:56
As one of the rare PT-imers I had to think through the same questions for Haas.

Q1. Intermediate & Long term goals
My take on these questions was that intermediate is something you'd like to see yourself doing from now till you graduate out of the program and how the program provides a value proposition to your goals.
Long term goals are ... well long term. Anything goes, but as long as the career direction you have shown might lead up to the long term goals, you should be ok.

Q2. Change in career desription detrimental...
I wouldn't think so. As long as you have shown some initiative to work towards your goals and have take some steps (eg. volunteer work with an environmental for-profit/non-profit etc.) you should be ok. Change in career per-se is not a bad thing; if it is not coupled with some prior experience relevant to it, then it may be perceived as a tenuous goal.

My 2-cents..

mylady wrote:
hi,

not sure how many clubbers are applying for the Haas-PT program, but I had a couple of questions about it:

- intermediate and long term goals --- are there any well known timelines for this question?

- i am writing about my passion in environmental issues. and in 3-4 years i would like to shift from hi-tech to alternate energy. is writing about a career switch in the long term anyhow detrimental for a PT program. my understanding is that the applicants looking to switch careers are typically FT candidates...

many thanks!
-roli
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 17:45
Thanks haas_mba07.

That sounds like a good description for a short term and long term objectives, since 3+ years of MBA is a reasonable time for intermediate goals.

btw, is there a cover letter requirement with Haas too? I did not see any, but I am trying to find where I should write my why Haas pitch, considering that besides the main essays the others are really small..

good luck!
-roli
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2007, 13:38
HAAS_MBA07,
How is the part time program? As in does it give you the smae job search facilities as a fullt time MBA, or is it a struggle? (if the intention is to have a change of career and also not do full time MBA)

Also is it possible for ppl to change from part time MBA to full time later in the stage? Do ppl do this? Is it acceptable?

Thanks.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2007, 22:33
Yes, I do know that the people who intended to change their career path have indeed been able to do so successfully. As per the school there is no difference in terms of the curriculum and the opportunities given to the students between the full time and the part time program.
I think the end result for any program will be directly proportional to how much you put into it and how much you want out of it.
  [#permalink] 26 Feb 2007, 22:33