Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 14:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Some Improvement In Preparation?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 39

GMAT Tests User
Some Improvement In Preparation? [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 22:29
Hi fellow clubbers.

I have seen a little improvement in my practice scores for the GMAT. My last GMATPrep CAT Score was a 360 (I took this last month) and last weekend I took 2 CATs from 800score and I noticed that for one test I scored 560 (38Q,V29) and 470 (31Q,24V)- I took this in the afternoon and was a little tired. I am happy but not satisfied with the results, because I know I can do better (and I will do so). I will continue going over the Manhattan Guides and then other guides from Aristotle and from Powerscore ( for SC and RC and CR), and then solve all the OG Questions before fully taking the CATs.

Thanks for all your help and support
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Some Improvement In Preparation? [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 08:43
dzodzo85 wrote:
Hi fellow clubbers.

I have seen a little improvement in my practice scores for the GMAT. My last GMATPrep CAT Score was a 360 (I took this last month) and last weekend I took 2 CATs from 800score and I noticed that for one test I scored 560 (38Q,V29) and 470 (31Q,24V)- I took this in the afternoon and was a little tired. I am happy but not satisfied with the results, because I know I can do better (and I will do so). I will continue going over the Manhattan Guides and then other guides from Aristotle and from Powerscore ( for SC and RC and CR), and then solve all the OG Questions before fully taking the CATs.

Thanks for all your help and support

dzodzo85,

I would stick with only one strategy guide for each area. My suggestion is to use only the 8 guide set from MGMAT, but there is a lot of good review on Aristotle RC99 and Powerscore CR. You even might use these last two, but using more than one strategy guide per area won't help you on grasping the basics and could even hurt you because of some misinterpretation between guides.

Regards,
lamanxa.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 481 [1] , given: 432

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Some Improvement In Preparation? [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 14:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Do you use the OG material alongside the Manhattan math series? For me, question practice was essential for reinforcing the concepts just learned. If you wait until you finish all the guidebooks, then a good bit of the concepts will be forgotten. I made this mistake, and it cost me a lot of time and energy. So remember: Manhattan math and OG at the same time!

I struggled in math for a long time. So if you're in the same situation, look into Jeff Sackmann's math sets - particularly the fundamental level.

For SC, multiple readings of the Manhattan SC guidebook is important. And make sure to be very aggressive with the OG for SC. That means completing all the questions under test conditions and fully reading every explanation - even for the ones that you answer correctly. And try to be active on the verbal forums. Answer questions and fully explain your reason (why A and not B, C, D, or E).

I was always strong in CR, so perhaps my advice isn't too great here. But the Powerscore CR Bible and the OG should be enough. Again, be active in the forums.

And as an additional exercise, look into GMAT Fiction. It won't perform miracles, but you should see some improvement overall after a few books.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Some Improvement In Preparation?   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2012, 14:00