Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 03:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 477
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 06:09
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education. However, all official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the same department.

Which of the following, if added to the statements above, would provide most support for the conclusion that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education?


a. Only official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

b. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

c. Only Web sites that have not received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education are administered by individuals not holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

d. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

e. No Web site administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology is an official Web site of a regionally accredited college.
_________________

-Underline your question. It takes only a few seconds!
-Search before you post.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 451
Location: Earth
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 09:18
option B and D look exact same. Can you check...or is it me?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 315
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 09:25
kyatin wrote:
option B and D look exact same. Can you check...or is it me?



I agree with you kyatin, they look exactly the same.

Vcsid can you please check it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 451
Location: Earth
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 10:55
Vavali,

I am sure you have been told before....you look a lot like Einstein. :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 477
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 17:51
Vavali wrote:
kyatin wrote:
option B and D look exact same. Can you check...or is it me?



I agree with you kyatin, they look exactly the same.

Vcsid can you please check it.


It is indeed the same.
In any case, please put forth your ans. and explanation.
_________________

-Underline your question. It takes only a few seconds!
-Search before you post.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 451
Location: Earth
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 19:47
I hope its C.
(not 100% on this one...A is close second.)

vscid wrote:
Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education. However, all official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the same department.

Which of the following, if added to the statements above, would provide most support for the conclusion that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education?


a. Only official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology. "official" makes me eliminate this...but its close and not sure if this could be it too.

b. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology. Eliminate doesnt say anything about regional colleges and therefore leaves room for not all educated in adv degree getting highest ranking

c. Only Web sites that have not received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education are administered by individuals not holding advanced degrees in educational technology. This one holds as it indicates individuals not holding advanced degrees in educational technology are only administering those website that dint have highest ratings.

d. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology. same as B

e. No Web site administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology is an official Web site of a regionally accredited college. Yuck
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Posts: 328
Location: India
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 21:43
I will choose C. Rest of the options don't include the regionally accredited colleges.
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1941
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 269 [0], given: 1

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2008, 23:45
vscid wrote:
Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education. However, all official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the same department.

Which of the following, if added to the statements above, would provide most support for the conclusion that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education?


a. Only official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

b. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

c. Only Web sites that have not received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education are administered by individuals not holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

d. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

e. No Web site administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology is an official Web site of a regionally accredited college.


D

D=B so D or B is ok

A = Web sites of nationally accredited colleges

B = received the highest possible rating from the same department

C = Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology


In the text:
All A ---> B

In the question:

All C ----> B

So, in support of the conclusion in the question

A must be equal C , means that: All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 315
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 02:16
kyatin wrote:
Vavali,

I am sure you have been told before....you look a lot like Einstein. :lol:


Spot on kyatin, It's hard people always mistaking me for the great one.

hopefully I inherited his brains as well. I guess we'll soon find out :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 315
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 02:35
vscid wrote:
Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education. However, all official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the same department.

Which of the following, if added to the statements above, would provide most support for the conclusion that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education?


a. Only official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

b. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

c. Only Web sites that have not received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education are administered by individuals not holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

d. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

e. No Web site administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology is an official Web site of a regionally accredited college.


It's C in my opinion.

My reasoning below:

a. Only official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology. (this is true but what about some regionally accredited institutions? Some have official websites of regionally accredited colleges have received the highest rating)

b. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology. (this is true but aren't we forgetting about some regionally accredited colleges here?)

c. Only Web sites that have not received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education are administered by individuals not holding advanced degrees in educational technology. (Spot on, this clearly confirms that anywebsite that has received the highest rating Regionally or nationally is administered by individuals with advanced educational technology degrees).

d. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology. (same as B)

e. No Web site administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology is an official Web site of a regionally accredited college.[/quote] (unecessary)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 295
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 06:46
I too go with C.

my way was to find a single case with the statement which may be true.

thus C doesnt provide any such cases with which the statement ceases to be false.

regards,
Neo
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 136
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 08:39
toss up between A and C.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 451
Location: Earth
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2008, 08:46
I guess its time for OA
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2008, 03:34
I think it is C.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 477
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2008, 12:48
OA and OE:


The correct answer is (A). You can rephrase (A) as follows: All Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology are official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges. In other words, the following two symbolic statements are logically equivalent:

Only A are B.

All B are A.

Given that all Web sites of nationally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the Department, and given that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology are official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges, it follows logically that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology have received the highest possible rating from the Department. To follow the logical steps, it helps to express the premises and conclusion symbolically:

Premise: All A are C.

Premise: All B are A.

Conclusion: All B are C.
_________________

-Underline your question. It takes only a few seconds!
-Search before you post.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 477
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2008, 13:49
Well, it still think it is B (or D).
Can someone explain how it is A?
_________________

-Underline your question. It takes only a few seconds!
-Search before you post.

SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1941
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 269 [0], given: 1

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2008, 20:48
vscid wrote:
and given that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology are official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges,


Hey vscid.In where of the argument can you prove the colored one? I saw it appear only in the explaination you called OE. I think there is something wrong here.

Do you see the difference btw A and B? The only difference btw them is "ONLY" in A and "ALL" in B. And in logic term A is mistaken reversal of B

B: All A is B
From there you will wrong if you say: All B is A
And A is exactly same as "mistaken reversal" of B
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1941
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 269 [0], given: 1

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: CR-website [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2008, 20:57
vscid wrote:
Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education. However, all official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the same department.

Which of the following, if added to the statements above, would provide most support for the conclusion that all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education?


a. Only official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

b. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

c. Only Web sites that have not received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education are administered by individuals not holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

d. All official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges are administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology.

e. No Web site administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology is an official Web site of a regionally accredited college.


IN THE ARGUMENT:

all official Web sites of nationally accredited colleges have received the highest possible rating from the same department.

IN CONCLUSION: (which is included in question)

all Web sites administered by individuals holding advanced degrees in educational technology have received the highest possible rating from the Federal Department of Education

If A is correct, I think B and D also is correct answer. So in 5 choice we have 3 correct choice. :lol:
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: CR-website   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2008, 20:57
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
this is the question on gmat official site.. can some1 help shradhagrover18 8 06 Jun 2012, 11:23
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic GMAC Launches Official Web site for india crick20002002 5 18 Oct 2011, 06:45
CR Some official Web sites of regionally accredited ssandeepan 4 26 Jul 2008, 21:52
Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges somethingbetter 13 13 Jul 2007, 21:18
Any one know a quick web site to learn some basic willget800 2 30 Apr 2006, 18:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Some official Web sites of regionally accredited colleges

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.