Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 17:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Someone from Spain saying hello

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Someone from Spain saying hello [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2011, 16:43
Hi, this is my first post, I plan to stick around for a while, as I see gmatclub as the best place to start for the GMAT, and a the best source of info.

I've decided to spend one of my GMAT Prep tests before even knowing what the GMAT was about. The result was 600 (Q34V38), which is fairly average, but I think the prospects are good as I have so much to improve in the quantitative section (I don't even know any geometry, or what an integer is!).

The problem is that I only have a little less than two months to prepare (I am taking the CFA Level II in june, and that is a time consuming b**ch), and in the meantime I work at a full-time job (as most of you).

My goal score is 700 (not because I need to get exactly that figure, but because I think the psychological impact it has is important for my application). BTW, I am not going to do an MBA, but a master in finance in the UK (LSE, Imperial or WBS).

What do you guys think, is it possible to reach 700 in less than two months?

In any case, I look forward to be a part of this forum. I'll try to help, maybe in the future I can make a post about how to get to 700 in 7 weeks!

Cheers!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: Someone from Spain saying hello [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2011, 17:42
our profiles are extremely similar.

My mother language is Spanish and I'm also writing level II in June. Are you planning to apply to start this next fall? if not, I suggest postponing your GMAT quest until after level II and then study for the GMAT from august - december.

My Extensive GMAT Journey

My GMAT Experience

Intern
Intern

Re: Someone from Spain saying hello [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2011, 17:55
Yes, I want to start the Msc on Sept. 2012, the alternative is postponing the Level II for after I finish the Msc, but if I try to take it next june, the other option will stil be available. I only wish my head can handle it!

BTW, when are you planing to start the CFA II?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: Someone from Spain saying hello [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2011, 18:04
I plan to start level II on January 24.

What GMAT score do you need?

My Extensive GMAT Journey

My GMAT Experience

Intern
Intern

Re: Someone from Spain saying hello [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 00:46
Unforseen wrote:
What GMAT score do you need?

Warwick and Imperial don't require the GMAT, but state that "a good GMAT score will add weight to the application".

LSE has a mean score of 670 for the Msc Fin & Eco, but I have to compensate for very average degree grades (in Spain it is not usual to get an avg grade over 7 out of 10).
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Someone from Spain saying hello [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 22:06
Hey, I'm in a very similar situation.

I was not going to start the gmat until last Saturday, when rumors of faltering economy floated around that indicate our positions may be at risk. I immediately signed up for mgmat course. I am also signed up for the CFA L3 exam in June, and need to start prepping that one by beginning of March (my latest, ideally). So the goal is to get to >700 from today til mid/end Feb. I'm thinking of taking the test by beginning Feb, so if I do not do well, I can at least do a retake by beginning of March, before I would absolutely have to start CFA.

I took my first diagnostic last week, after a week of warming up. 650. Hopefully I can manage to boost 50 pts in the time frame.
Re: Someone from Spain saying hello   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2011, 22:06