Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Someone is bitter...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Someone is bitter... [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2007, 07:05
http://ynotlbs.blogspot.com/

I wonder if there are similar things out there for other schools. For what its worth, when I was in London I was mostly impressed with the school.
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Someone is bitter... [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2007, 09:46
That post is so poorly written you have to wonder... he's got a major beef with the school for whatever reason.

dukes wrote:
http://ynotlbs.blogspot.com/

I wonder if there are similar things out there for other schools. For what its worth, when I was in London I was mostly impressed with the school.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2007, 11:32
From my own experience, I am happy with the school.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2007, 11:49
I always take the people who feel like this with a grain of salt. Usually these are written by people who either had unrealistic goals or aren't as special as they thought. Not everyone is going to get hired into a VC/PE/HF or even by Goldman Sachs or McKinsey, there aren't enough positions for everyone to get their first choice career opportunity. Some people feel a sense of entitlement and if they don't get what they want they wont accept blame...it has to be someone elses fault since their parents told them they were the best their whole lives.

Occasionally they make valid points but I think it boils down more to what their expectations were vs the reality of the school.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2007, 11:51
"100HBS students in London makes about 10 percent of HBS MBA... and London with 320MBAs would not be able to provide all London needs for finance and consulting even if everyone wanted to work in this sectors in London."

Even if it is true, what he "accidentally" forgot to tell is that usually they are not Americans, usually are people who got a spot at american companies and as it's easier to get a VISA in London they go to work there. I've heard that CBS has great numbers in finance in London also. But honestly that is not the "vibe" I felt when I visited the school...

I know 2 people graduated from the MBA and 1 from the MiF and all of them are very happy with the school and their degrees. The MiF one even told me the quality of teaching there is terrific.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1512 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2007, 11:58
riverripper wrote:
I always take the people who feel like this with a grain of salt. Usually these are written by people who either had unrealistic goals or aren't as special as they thought. Not everyone is going to get hired into a VC/PE/HF or even by Goldman Sachs or McKinsey, there aren't enough positions for everyone to get their first choice career opportunity. Some people feel a sense of entitlement and if they don't get what they want they wont accept blame...it has to be someone elses fault since their parents told them they were the best their whole lives.

Occasionally they make valid points but I think it boils down more to what their expectations were vs the reality of the school.

Wait a minute.... You mean that I dont get a pre-employment letter where I just fill in the company name when I get to campus?

I've been robbed!
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2007, 12:04
rhyme wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Wait a minute.... You mean that I dont get a pre-employment letter where I just fill in the company name when I get to campus?

I've been robbed!

You can start your own blog.... :lol:
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2007, 12:58
rhyme wrote:

I've been robbed!

At the GSB? No way!
Now at HBS... :wink:

Just kidding. I actually heard the same message from students everywhere, from Michigan to HBS: don't forget you need to put in the hard work and have realistic expectations. You'll have lots of interesting opportunities, but it's up to you to make them happen.

L.
  [#permalink] 25 Jun 2007, 12:58