Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SOS!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: General Management (Retail)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 358 [0], given: 13

SOS!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2009, 03:14
Hello Forum

I have removed this thread

sry & tx.

i love kudos :moped consider giving them if you like my post!!

:arrow: CRITICAL REASONING FOR BEGINNERS: notes & links to help you learn CR better. Click Below
http://gmatclub.com/forum/critical-reasoning-for-beginners-82111.html
:arrow: QUANT NOTES FOR PS & DS: notes to help you do better in Quant. Click Below
http://gmatclub.com/forum/quant-notes-for-ps-ds-82447.html
:arrow: GMAT Timing Planner: This little tool could help you plan timing strategy. Click Below
http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-cat-timing-planner-82513.html

Last edited by Target760 on 01 Feb 2011, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 15

Re: SOS!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2009, 10:09
Here comes my first tip - GMAT loves brevity. :-D

I wonder how many would actually read your post completely, try shortening it, that would also give u a practice for the AWAs :)

Practice is the key, unless you practice, you wont know your weaknesses.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 6

Re: SOS!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2009, 10:18
Suggestions:

1. Don't use Princeton Review. Also, don't trust their CATs as representative of exam performance.
2. Study MGMAT in depth. All books. Even if you find things very basic and elementary, don't skip it as you mentioned you did in your studies. Read everything and do all problems.
3. REVIEW your mistakes. Why are you getting things wrong? Speed? Understanding? Both? You can learn a lot from using an error log. And make sure to go back and UNDERSTAND the underlying concept of the questions you got wrong.
4. Calm down a little. :) This is not an SOS moment. Also you don't need to feel "devastated" or feel like you are under "tremendous pressure." If you were scoring well under non-testing conditions, you need to calm down and go into your practice tests with that same mindset.
5. Maybe a prep course?

Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 24

Re: SOS!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2009, 10:23
GMAT is all about understanding the fundamental principles of English and Math and applying them at a rapid pace in a given time setting. If one understands this and proceeds with an approach of attacking and understanding the fundamental principles, they'll definitely be successful in attaining their goals. How to do this is entirely up to the individual and there is a ton of information in this forum if you read through.

Check out the following threads and study their approaches, their setbacks, how they overcame the setbacks and came up top notch scores. Some of the stories are truly inspirational.

750-q49-v42-my-gmat-experience-57409.html

780-q50-v47-60945.html

from-having-a-vague-idea-of-what-the-gmat-is-to-scoring-80315.html

In the land of the night, the chariot of the sun is drawn by the grateful dead

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9413 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: SOS!! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2009, 23:33
Expert's post
I think you are on the right track - you have good books (don't use PR and don't worry about that score) - start familiarizing yourself with the test patterns more and more. Use quality books such as Manhattan. There are also a few good threads to review:

everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html - Massive collection of tips, plans, resources, and documents
timing-strategies-on-the-gmat-80176.html - Timing strategies for GMAT
gmat-timer-56014.html - GMAT Timer - sounds like you really need it
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html - all GMAT Test Reviews
please-evaluate-my-study-schedule-79588.html - look at the schedule attachment

Also - GMATPrep gmatprep-gmat-prep-powerprep-power-prep-free-tests-77548.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: SOS!! [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2009, 17:50
When do you aim to take the GMAT again? One month from now? Two, three, four months from now? Pardon me if I missed it in your post but have you thoroughly gone through ALL of the GMAT Challenges (25 math and 6 verbal)? Look, Target760, it's pretty obvious to me that you have things stacked in your favor. (1) You're driven and (2) you have the ability. What is killing you though is your lack of confidence. Never take the power of attitude for granted. You alluded to the fact that you are naturally quantitative and what I have noticed in life is that it is these type of people who as long as their attitude is right can do exceptional well on standardized tests (verbal parts included).

Now there really is something to be said for knowing down cold the concepts tested in those challenges. Take my advice and work and rework the GMAT Challenges and then EXPAND on the concepts. It's obvious that you have the ability to do well on the GMAT. Get your confidence up. Good luck.
Re: SOS!!   [#permalink] 06 Jul 2009, 17:50