Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Apr 2015, 06:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 20:42
Hi,

I am Indian female with very good acedamics and close to 5 years of work experience in a software company inBangalore. I do not want to write GMAT and want to do my MBA in 2010-11 batch. I have a financial contraint and cannot exceed £20,000 (approx) including my living expenses.

I had applied for a few UK colleges for MBA 2010 which meet my above criteria. Of which, I have unconditional offers from few of them and havent heard from the other colleges yet. I am confused to choose the right one for me.

1) The University of Southampton MBA (£16750)

2) The University of Sheffield Management School (£14600 after £2000 off for Indian students)

3) The Salford MBA (£9000 after a £5000 off provided thru scholarship for good acedamics)

All three are AMBA accredited. One of my primary concerns post MBA is a good career oppurtunity in UK. Can you please help /guide me decide on which one of these colleges will be the best for me.

P.S.: I have an offer for MS in management from University of Glasgow also.

Thanks,

Sindhu
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 06:39
Nobody has given you an answer to Salford. This is a newly AMBA accredited MBA in a respectable UK university. The course has a small intake and there is just one group. The course is intensive and innovative and is gaining a good reputation.

The University of Salford is situated in Manchester close to the city centre and all associated cultural social and sporting activities.
Intern
Intern

Re: Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2010, 06:51
pollysobreperez wrote:
Nobody has given you an answer to Salford. This is a newly AMBA accredited MBA in a respectable UK university. The course has a small intake and there is just one group. The course is intensive and innovative and is gaining a good reputation.

The University of Salford is situated in Manchester close to the city centre and all associated cultural social and sporting activities.

HI pollysobreperez, heard about that on Salford and i have an unconditional offer too. Can you please share any info that you have on Salfrod Business school ? Not much info on the web about it.Apreciate it.
Intern
Intern

Re: Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2010, 16:41
Hi Sindhu,

Salford Got AMBA Accrediation last year that is in 2009
Sheffield is a very good University It was ranked 40th in the World's top 100 Universities by one study.Ranked amongst the top 20 universities in Britain and Europe and the faculty of engineering. Which means Sheffield is very Good for technical Education.

Southampton got the status of a University in 1952 and so its alos a very good traditional University but the fees for MBA is Way to High and adding up the Living expenses it would certainly Cross the 20k Mar that you have Set.

So you have to Decide between Salford or Sheffield.

Sheffield is again around 5000 Pounds costlier than the Salford MBA

In UK a Ranking of a University is Based on the RAE which is based on the amount of the research that Happens in an University, For Business Related studies Sheffield and Salford rank More or Less around the same mark.

Having all these Factors in Mind i would recommend Salford.

Salford MBA is Gaining a Very Good Reputation and the Location is Very close to the Manchester as well.

So 5000 GBP is around 3.5 Lakhs which is all the money you would need as a Living Expense.

So select Salford.

Wish you all sucess.

Kalidas
Intern
Intern

Re: Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2010, 22:42
Salford has been a University since 1967, the course is highly innovative, I suggest you check out the website of the UNI and look at all aspects of the Business School and all the playback videos that describe the University, campus and area.

Salford is in Manchester and is close to the City with all amenities and transport links and the course is gaining a very good reputation.
Intern
Intern

Re: Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 03:46
Hi Sindhu, i have confirmed my place in Salford for MBA this Sep.
Please let me knwo your status, if you are seriously considering Salford or already confirmed it then I would like to catch up with you sometime. Appreciate your response.
Re: Southampton, Sheffield or Salford MBA   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2010, 03:46