Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 14:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 14:37
I need to find some schools in Southern Cal. (Los Angeles or thereabouts) for 160 gmat/3.75 gpa. Any recommendations?

I don't know anything about business schools/gmat, and so obviously this application is not for me, but I've been tasked with doing it if I am to take a job in LA, so I'd really appreciate the collective wisdom of this board. Thank you all.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 17:48
ihavezippers wrote:
I need to find some schools in Southern Cal. (Los Angeles or thereabouts) for 160 gmat/3.75 gpa. Any recommendations?

I don't know anything about business schools/gmat, and so obviously this application is not for me, but I've been tasked with doing it if I am to take a job in LA, so I'd really appreciate the collective wisdom of this board. Thank you all.

First off, 160 is not a possible score. You get 200 just for sitting down. To answer your question: Pepperdine and UC Irvine have fairly lax admission (you will still need to score at least a 580-600 on the GMAT to get in). If you score in the mid-600s and have good work experience/essays, perhaps try USC as well.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 20:30
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I guess I must have been off---shows how much I know about this. I believe her score is a 560. So, it sounds chancy, or even unlikely with Pepperdine and UC Irvine.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 20:50
ihavezippers wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I guess I must have been off---shows how much I know about this. I believe her score is a 560. So, it sounds chancy, or even unlikely with Pepperdine and UC Irvine.

Breaking 600 would be advisable, but she may still have a shot at these programs if she has a high GPA and good work experience.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 20:51
There's Chapman University in Orange County as well.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2008, 21:06
I think San Diego State and UCSD also have programs.

Re: Southern Cal. middle of the road MBA programs   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2008, 21:06