Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB? [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 03:32
Hello guys,

I recently got through the GMBA program of SP Jain (September intake) and feel ecstatic about it. For this, I had just prepared for a short duration (a week) for the SPJAT exam and cleared it at the very last moment (5th round). I appeared for the exam and after clearing it, I successfully got through the subsequent rounds the same day. Don't have a GMAT score with me right now.

The other option: Defer the admission at SP Jain after paying the non refundable registration amount (I already did that) and prepare for GMAT and take on the challenge to get into ISB. Seems like it'll take quite an effort though.

Also, one of the parameters for me is the time. If I get through ISB, I will start from April but if I start with SP Jain, I'll begin in Jan and finish my first trimester by April. Additionally, the international exposure of SP Jain is something I'm looking forward at.

My profile snapshot: Graduation from very good institute, decent acads and extra curricular activities, Over 3 yrs work ex: In a leadership program with an MNC and entrepreneurial ex for a year. I'm open to employment options abroad and even in India.

I intend to work in Management/ Strategic Consulting post my MBA. Is is worth trying for ISB considering I already have a good program at hand?

I need some insights on this as this decision is going to have a major impact in my career. Please help.

Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB? [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2014, 00:24
kushpandey wrote:
Hello guys,

I recently got through the GMBA program of SP Jain (September intake) and feel ecstatic about it. For this, I had just prepared for a short duration (a week) for the SPJAT exam and cleared it at the very last moment (5th round). I appeared for the exam and after clearing it, I successfully got through the subsequent rounds the same day. Don't have a GMAT score with me right now.

The other option: Defer the admission at SP Jain after paying the non refundable registration amount (I already did that) and prepare for GMAT and take on the challenge to get into ISB. Seems like it'll take quite an effort though.

Also, one of the parameters for me is the time. If I get through ISB, I will start from April but if I start with SP Jain, I'll begin in Jan and finish my first trimester by April. Additionally, the international exposure of SP Jain is something I'm looking forward at.

My profile snapshot: Graduation from very good institute, decent acads and extra curricular activities, Over 3 yrs work ex: In a leadership program with an MNC and entrepreneurial ex for a year. I'm open to employment options abroad and even in India.

I intend to work in Management/ Strategic Consulting post my MBA. Is is worth trying for ISB considering I already have a good program at hand?

I need some insights on this as this decision is going to have a major impact in my career. Please help.

Thanks!

What's your exact question? Do you want to compare S P Jain Global & ISB? If yes...

Both the B-schools are really great but it depends what are looking for for your future, whether you want to go to abroad for study or just want to go for Indian B-school, study here and settle down.

Ok, let me tell you step by step:

1. ISB is really good and reputed institute in India, and of course, you will get great placement also after program done but it won't be an international platform while S P Jain School of Global Management will provide you the platform to go international with it's tri-city program - you are getting to learn the diverse culture of Dubai, Singapore and Sydney while learning. Also to understand the business etiquette that requires when you are in specific area of market - Gulf, Chinese or Western.

2. ISB, sorry but I didn't find it in top 30 in Indian B-school ranking (referred bschool.career360) while S P Jain Global has been ranked no. 19 in the world for it's MBA program by Forbes in 2013 and no. 5 in Asia. Is that really good?

Also S P Jain provides you Australian degree that is being recognized all over the world, and as their alumni records, S P Jain's students are working in all over the world. ISB is truly associated with LBS & Kellogg but I am really not sure whether they allow students to get graduated from any of these b-school or even allow them to visit it, so doesn't make any sense.

As you have already secured your place with S P Jain Global, and looking for ISB entrance. So I would recommend, you have opportunity in hand, and your are looking for next chance. Think about it.

--Aman

Aman Shah
Educonsult Founder

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB? [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2014, 01:07
kushpandey wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks!

What's your exact question? Do you want to compare S P Jain Global & ISB? If yes...

Both the B-schools are really great but it depends what are looking for for your future, whether you want to go to abroad for study or just want to go for Indian B-school, study here and settle down.

Ok, let me tell you step by step:

1. ISB is really good and reputed institute in India, and of course, you will get great placement also after program done but it won't be an international platform while S P Jain School of Global Management will provide you the platform to go international with it's tri-city program - you are getting to learn the diverse culture of Dubai, Singapore and Sydney while learning. Also to understand the business etiquette that requires when you are in specific area of market - Gulf, Chinese or Western.

2. ISB, sorry but I didn't find it in top 30 in Indian B-school ranking (referred bschool.career360) while S P Jain Global has been ranked no. 19 in the world for it's MBA program by Forbes in 2013 and no. 5 in Asia. Is that really good?

Also S P Jain provides you Australian degree that is being recognized all over the world, and as their alumni records, S P Jain's students are working in all over the world. ISB is truly associated with LBS & Kellogg but I am really not sure whether they allow students to get graduated from any of these b-school or even allow them to visit it, so doesn't make any sense.

As you have already secured your place with S P Jain Global, and looking for ISB entrance. So I would recommend, you have opportunity in hand, and your are looking for next chance. Think about it.

--Aman

Aman Shah
Educonsult Founder

Intern
Intern

Re: SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB? [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2014, 03:16
Hello guys,
I have work experience of 3 years in the sales field. I am interested to pursue my MBA from SPJIMR but I think the eligibility criteria is 5-7 years. Should I wait for so long or should I go ahead with global or ISB? Please give me your inputs. It would be very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB? [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2014, 03:20
Logically speaking I don’t see the point in waiting for another 3 years. I don’t think you must take such a long break between your studies. You kind of lose the flow of the studying pattern you know. No offense but even if you do wait for a couple of years what is the guarantee that you will get through SPJIMR? Why do you want to wait for another 2-3 years? Global and ISB are also equally reputed colleges. Great faculty and good placements!
Intern
Intern

Re: SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB? [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2014, 03:37
vbooqueen wrote:
Logically speaking I don’t see the point in waiting for another 3 years. I don’t think you must take such a long break between your studies. You kind of lose the flow of the studying pattern you know. No offense but even if you do wait for a couple of years what is the guarantee that you will get through SPJIMR? Why do you want to wait for another 2-3 years? Global and ISB are also equally reputed colleges. Great faculty and good placements!

Hmm, what you say also makes sense. Good placements? Could you elaborate?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB? [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2014, 03:56
genelia wrote:
vbooqueen wrote:

Hmm, what you say also makes sense. Good placements? Could you elaborate?

Well I just looked up the internet and saw that last year SPJIMR offered a package of 17.2 lacks, S P Jain Global offered a package of 18.3 lacks and ISB offered a package of 18.1 lack. I guess all of them are in the same league. I suggest no point in waiting for a couple of years. Rest is up to you.
Re: SP Jain GMBA it is!! Should I take on the challenge for ISB?   [#permalink] 26 Sep 2014, 03:56