Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Spending Too Much Time on CR Questions (MGMAT Approach) [#permalink]
Kudos
Many people on this forum would recommend Powerscore CR for CR questions. Powerscore doesn't use the diagramming method
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hello and thanks for your replys! I have more or less exhausted all of the CR questions out of the OG 12 and would continue with the verbal book. I will give bmillan01's advice a try, but my feeling is that it is not the action of drawing the diagram that takes me longer, I think it's more a general problem. Does the Powerscore CR introduce new methods?

Regards!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Kudos
The Powerscore CR Bible is similar to its Manhattan counterpart, so there probably isn't much value in using both books. With that said, the Powerscore CR Bible is generally considered the best in the market.

Also, don't worry about running out of practice questions. You still have the OG Verbal, GMATClub's CR Forum, and LSAT question banks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: 4
Send PM
Even i am facing the same problem, my accuracy is around 90%, but i am taking too longer, and unable to finish the section. Anyone please help me on timing part for verbal section in general, in spite of spending so much time for preparation, i am unable do all the questions in the section.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
I just bought the MGMAT CR book. Should I go exchange for the Powerscore CR or is the MGMAT adequate?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
rocknrollgmat wrote:
Where can I find LSAT question bank?

Here is the link. But be aware that LSAT LR questions are generally considered more difficult than GMAT CR questions and cover more material not tested on the GMAT.

HImba88 wrote:
I just bought the MGMAT CR book. Should I go exchange for the Powerscore CR or is the MGMAT adequate?

If you haven't read Manhattan CR yet and can get a full refund for store credit, then go ahead and exchange it for the Powerscore CR Bible. Also, factor in how much time this transaction will take. You don't want to sacrifice too much study time waiting on a CR guidebook. I would stress (again) that purchasing and reading both book probably isn't the best investment in your time and money. You should be fine with either one.

bhupathireddyo wrote:
Even i am facing the same problem, my accuracy is around 90%, but i am taking too longer, and unable to finish the section. Anyone please help me on timing part for verbal section in general, in spite of spending so much time for preparation, i am unable do all the questions in the section.

Why do you think that you're taking too much time answering the question? Are you having trouble retaining the information from the passage? Are you rereading the passage and questions? Are you hesitating when choosing between two answer choices? Or does it just take awhile to work through the problem?

Just keep practicing often and time yourself with each question. Estimate your average time per question (don't get too technical, just make it reasonable) and gradually knock off time and set that as your goal. For example, if your average is 120 seconds per question, set your goal at 105. Once you reach that level, try to go down to 90 seconds. If you fail to answer the question in time, finish it anyway, but mark it as incorrect and reattempt the question later that day or the next morning. And always fully read the explanation for each and every practice question that you answer - even for the ones that you answer correctly. Assuming that you have enough time, another helpful tool is to reread whatever guidebook that you used earlier. Also, see this thread for more comprehensive and detailed strategies.
GMAT Club Bot