Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Spoiled my GMAT scored 500

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 6

Spoiled my GMAT scored 500 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 22:15
Worst day. :(
I did not even imagine that I'll score lower than 1st trial mock test MGMAT 510. I spoiled my test, got nervous from the beginning of the test.
In my mock tests I scored in the range of 630 - 710.
Please suggest me how to restart the journey. I have finished all the quiz banks of Kaplan and OG 13, from where I can get the fresh sets of questions.
Please suggest me how to hold the nerve because I felt that during test I was not using any of the strategy, my mind was completely blank.
Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 21

Re: Spoiled my GMAT scored 500 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 09:52
This post received
KUDOS
vivmechster wrote:
I did not even imagine that I'll score lower than 1st trial mock test MGMAT 510. I spoiled my test, got nervous from the beginning of the test.
Please suggest me how to restart the journey. I have finished all the quiz banks of Kaplan and OG 13, from where I can get the fresh sets of questions.
Please suggest me how to hold the nerve because I felt that during test I was not using any of the strategy, my mind was completely blank.
Thanks

Hey Vivmechster,

first of all, do not get discouraged!! A lot of people have been where u are at the moment, thats just what the GMAT does. The test tries to bring down ur confidence, do not let that happen!

U already know why the test went wrong, namely because u were nervous. That is the first thing u have to tackle! Try to do as many mocks as u can under real conditions (including 2x8min break + AWA + IR etc.) in order to get used to the real thing. If in the end nothing helps and u are naturally frightened before exams (only u know that), I guess u should consider talking to a doctor about that. Maybe he can help u with beta blockers or else...

In case of further preparation, I would consider buying some of the MGMAT books. Evaluate where ur strengths and weaknesses are (what has been the splitting in the real test?) and get some books. They are golden, especially the SC + number properties guides. In addition, u also get 6 new CATs u can use.

Lest me know whether that helps u a bit!

Kudos would be nice :wink:

Alles Gute!

G

With all the best!

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 127

Re: Spoiled my GMAT scored 500 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 11:15
vivmechster wrote:
Thanks

Hey buddy...don worry...! take a nice break (about two weeks or so) and get over all of this ; get back with a bang...when you can score 630-710 in mocks you can definitely score the same in the real test... I am sure if you work hard again you ll do even better...and as far as nervousness is concerned always remember that its only in the 'head'... there is no better medicine/treatment for anything than hard work...!..:)
Re: Spoiled my GMAT scored 500   [#permalink] 27 Jun 2013, 11:15