Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SSE Finance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: SSE Finance [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 06:31
l0nging wrote:

First, I must admit SSE is for some reason not at all that well known in Germany, but it does not really mean anything.

Hei, look what i found http://www.hhs.se/BusinessAndSociety/press/News/Pages/120903_EN.aspx

seems like soon SSE will become popular and well known in Germany too :-D
any news?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: SSE Finance [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 08:45
kad wrote:
l0nging wrote:

First, I must admit SSE is for some reason not at all that well known in Germany, but it does not really mean anything.

Hei, look what i found http://www.hhs.se/BusinessAndSociety/press/News/Pages/120903_EN.aspx

seems like soon SSE will become popular and well known in Germany too :-D
any news?

No, it is not popular. The Germans are in my opinion the most competitive European nation.Now, don"t get me wrong, they apply everywhere. Germany is a big country after all. For instance: I have talked to one of the admission directors from ESADE and he told me, that 1/3 of ALL applications they receive are from Germany. That's what popular is all about. The Germans that I know either have only a vague idea of what SSE stands for or have never even heard of it (and considering which university I go to, they are supposed to be elite). Somehow, they are more oriented towards other universities. BUT I must say, in one of the threads I've read some guy said that significant part of the internationals in his specialization (CF) come from Germany.

The quote by itself does not mean a thing, 90% of the 40% mentioned may be from Scandinavia and 50% of the rest may be from Germany, it still doen't say anything about the absolute numbers. If you know German and read the SSE threads in the German forums, you'll see what I mean. But you can trust me about that, SSE is nowhere near as popular as LSE or HEC in Germany. If the things stay the way they are now, I sincerely doubt SSE will ever catch up compared to other universities.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: SSE Finance [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 10:48
Hei, l0nging, this was only my assumptions about popularity of sse on the German market. I believe that you are well informed about the popularity and prestige of particular uni in Germany. so thanks that you clarified this to me. At least SSE offers respectable degree in Nordic countries with good exchange programs with HEC, LSE and others top unis through cems and double degree programs. so it is definitely worth to apply. Probably financial matters play a role in that sse remains a small business school; it is still free for EU states.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: SSE Finance [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2013, 06:04
l0nging wrote:
Hi kad,

22/ f / Eastern European / EU

710 GMAT (48 Q 39 V)
I study in Germany, so no idea how my grades are converted, however nothing spectacular / Business with Risk Management and Law
WE: 2 years 4 months - Management, PR, Marketing, Finance + 1 year Photography ( professionally, but I listed it as EC)
CFA Level I candidate (not that anyone cares) + some EC

However, MSc Economics is my first preference and not Finance.

But I don't think you should worry, I bet you're in ;)

Did you get admitted?

I got an offer from MSc in economics so perhaps see you this fall?
Re: SSE Finance   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2013, 06:04