Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Hi

I am applying for the master of economics - international economics.
I hope I will be accepted...

My profile
- Bachelor of economics with great distinction
- Erasmus Toulouse school of economics
- currently I am doing the Master of research in economics at my homeuniversity in Belgium [one year]
- internship as a research assistent at the faculty of economics during the summer
- very active in the student association of our faculty
- Gmat 690 with 49Q but a low verbal score, because of stress. My verbal score was below my own expectations :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Butterfly123 wrote:
Hi

I am applying for the master of economics - international economics.
I hope I will be accepted...

My profile
- Bachelor of economics with great distinction
- Erasmus Toulouse school of economics
- currently I am doing the Master of research in economics at my homeuniversity in Belgium [one year]
- internship as a research assistent at the faculty of economics during the summer
- very active in the student association of our faculty
- Gmat 690 with 49Q but a low verbal score, because of stress. My verbal score was below my own expectations :(

Good profile as well! My chances keep decreasing with candidates like Emily and you. :P Good luck with the applications and let us know the outcome :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great to already see a thread for SSE coming up this early. :)

Also thinking of applying, strongly leaning towards the MSc in Intl Business, maybe even applying by mid-November (depends on how the GMAT goes this week)

Profile:
BSc Business Administration, distinction
Internships in Start-Ups (2x), Consulting (think: Strategy Boutique), Internet/IT (Business Development) across Europe
IELTS: 8.5, GMAT aim >700, realistic: 670-720
Published twice, some other extracurriculars based around teaching/tutoring and research

Let's see how this goes. Hope to see you come 2017 and let's keep this thread up!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone

Great profiles. They make me nervous :lol:
I am aiming for the Business and Management program, but I was also looking at the International Business program. I know the admissions office does not recommend multiple applications, but I was wondering whether anyone has thought about applying to more than one program/done so. I am asking because the B and M program asks for a number of business course credits. I have taken courses, but they do not cover the minimum (as far as I can tell). I have a background in Communication.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, I am planing to submit my application for SSE Msc in Economics for early deadline (Nov 15)

I wonder if it is a good idea to fill all 3 choices in the application form, since my first choice in MSc Economics but I want to fill in others just in case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 2.83
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi all,

Just submitted my application to SSE MSc in Finance.

Profile:

- Brazilian and Portuguese
- BSc Business Administration, GPA 7.1/10
- 660 GMAT (Q44, V37) - will retake soon
-100 Toefl
- Departamental Controller at a premium automotive manufacturing plant
-Previous xp on Procurement, Project Management
-International graduate program at 2nd Brazilian contractor, xp in Latin Anerica/Africa
-Solid career progression
-Participation in startup in investments
-Internships in Management
-Volunteer at NGO for Children Adoption Support
-Army Officer Cadet, Reserve. President of class, 2nd rank
-Fluent portuguese, english, spanish

Good luck for all of us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
atarr wrote:
Hello Everyone

Great profiles. They make me nervous :lol:
I am aiming for the Business and Management program, but I was also looking at the International Business program. I know the admissions office does not recommend multiple applications, but I was wondering whether anyone has thought about applying to more than one program/done so. I am asking because the B and M program asks for a number of business course credits. I have taken courses, but they do not cover the minimum (as far as I can tell). I have a background in Communication.

If you know that you don't cover the minimum for B&M, why not just apply to only IB? Otherwise, you should email the admissions office and ask wether you fulfil the criteria or not, they always answer within like 2 workdays. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Hello,
For candidates that have applied by November deadline, kindly let us know about any initiations from Admission Committee and about notification of decisions.
I have also applied for MSc Finance.

My Profile :
- GMAT : 720 Q:49 V:40
- A Chartered Accountant and a Member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Have passed all the levels of Chartered Accountancy Course of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in first attempts.
- CFA Level II Candidate.
- Bachelor of Commerce from local university GPA: 7.07/10.00
- 3 years of apprenticeship with a firm of Chartered Accountants.

Originally posted by drupat on 20 Nov 2016, 20:14.
Last edited by drupat on 30 Nov 2016, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Already posted in another thread but I guess this is the main thread now.

Applied for the early deadline MSc Finance.

Profile:
GMAT: 740.
BSc with a major in finance: 50-60 % Pass with distinction from another Swedish university (corresponds to something like 3.5 GPA).
One internship within finance
Have been active within my schools finance society and I've had at least one part time job besides my studies during the whole period of my bachelors (all jobs relevant to my education).

Good luck to the rest of you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I applied for the early round of master program in business and management and hope to receive good news from the school before Christmas.

My profile:
-GMAT 700, IELTS 7.5
-Bachelor's Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, 50 ECTS in Business Administration, GPA 4.61/5, National Scholarship of China
-Exchange program in Japan, Japanese Student Service Organization Scholarship
-3 internships within marketing, advertising and headhunting in China and Germany
-2 projects management experiences
-Various voluntary and extracurricular experiences
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Fritchon, how much time did you spend on studying for your GMAT test?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
johnnetr wrote:
Hi Fritchon, how much time did you spend on studying for your GMAT test?

I took it this January. Spent 10 days studying for it full time. I want to retake it since the score is not very high, but don't have time for it as I'm doing an internship in Germany now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hej everyone,

I usually don't comment on topics like this one since it stresses me out, everyone sounds awesome and it actually highlights how difficult it is for admission teams to make a choice. But reading you kind of helps me, so here I share!

Applying to: Master in Business and Management

Background:
- 20yo
- Student at top school in Paris, France (studying social sciences)
- Currently doing an exchange term at SSE
- VP of the Arts Committee at my home uni
- Social entrepreneur in my hometown
- Will be doing an internship in a headhunting firm in Luxembourg next term
- Fluent in French, English, Spanish and currently learning Swedish and Italian
- GPA is 13,2/20 (with 16/20 in entrepreneurship + summer school at Spanish business school ESADE in innovation and entrepreneurship)

I was wishing to apply by the early deadline, but I crashed my GMAT (510 the first time). I will be retaking it in January, before the actual deadline, however I have little hope since I focused on working for my courses at SSE rather than working my ass off for the GMAT. I thought I would learn more by doing so!
I hope to get the minimum score (600). Knowing myself, I wouldn't be able to score much higher anyway.

Given all of this, I think my application is relatively weak regarding my grades and GMAT, but relatively strong regarding the coherence of what I did (term at SSE, summer school, entrepreneurship). Also, I believe that my international background and the diversity I could bring with my Bachelor degree would be valued by SSE.

I'd be really disappointed if I did not get in. SSE is a really good school, an awesome place to study and to meet brilliant people passionate about what they do.
But well, that's life, and if I don't get in because of this test... it must somewhat mean that it wasn't made for me :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
violn wrote:
Hej everyone,

I usually don't comment on topics like this one since it stresses me out, everyone sounds awesome and it actually highlights how difficult it is for admission teams to make a choice. But reading you kind of helps me, so here I share!

Applying to: Master in Business and Management

Background:
- 20yo
- Student at top school in Paris, France (studying social sciences)
- Currently doing an exchange term at SSE
- VP of the Arts Committee at my home uni
- Social entrepreneur in my hometown
- Will be doing an internship in a headhunting firm in Luxembourg next term
- Fluent in French, English, Spanish and currently learning Swedish and Italian
- GPA is 13,2/20 (with 16/20 in entrepreneurship + summer school at Spanish business school ESADE in innovation and entrepreneurship)

I was wishing to apply by the early deadline, but I crashed my GMAT (510 the first time). I will be retaking it in January, before the actual deadline, however I have little hope since I focused on working for my courses at SSE rather than working my ass off for the GMAT. I thought I would learn more by doing so!
I hope to get the minimum score (600). Knowing myself, I wouldn't be able to score much higher anyway.

Given all of this, I think my application is relatively weak regarding my grades and GMAT, but relatively strong regarding the coherence of what I did (term at SSE, summer school, entrepreneurship). Also, I believe that my international background and the diversity I could bring with my Bachelor degree would be valued by SSE.

I'd be really disappointed if I did not get in. SSE is a really good school, an awesome place to study and to meet brilliant people passionate about what they do.
But well, that's life, and if I don't get in because of this test... it must somewhat mean that it wasn't made for me :|

Hi, violn. I think you'll have a great chance of getting admitted if your GMAT score is over 650 (last year's GMAT average is 673). Otherwise, I doubt if your international academic experience can make up for a low GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have the same problem with the GRE (155) which is less that the average last year (158), so I don't have high hopes that it will work out. What else counts for the Bus and Management track?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
atarr wrote:
I have the same problem with the GRE (155) which is less that the average last year (158), so I don't have high hopes that it will work out. What else counts for the Bus and Management track?

Hi, atarr. Don't worry. Your GRE score probably can't be your advantage in the application, but at least it's not a handicap, right? 155 and 158 are not of much difference.

Here is what SSE says on its website, "We do overall assessment of all the complete applications that we receive. We look at your Bachelor university, the courses you have taken and the grades, GMAT/GRE scores, your English language skills, CV and motivation."
So as long as you are above average in other parts (e.g. grades, CV, motivation letter), you'll still have a good chance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Any non EU/EEA application here to SSE? Would you guys normally finance the tuition yourself or take a shot at the Swedish Institute Scholarship?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts