Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 14:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SSE - Stockholm School of Economics Application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

SSE - Stockholm School of Economics Application [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2013, 03:30
Hey you all, first post here.
So I have been considering applying for SSE for both the Corporate Finance as well as the Financial Accounting Master programs for the Fall of 2014.

Could someone review my stats and give me a straight answer of my possibilities to get in?

I have a C+/B- out of A in the Swedish system. About 40-48% A/B. Which translates to a moderate GPA, it's okay, not good or great.
I am currently working Back Office at one of the major retail banks.
No great extracurricular activities.
Got a 710 at my first GMAT, Q48, V38, AWA 5.0, IR 7.0

What are my chances? Can I improve? Is it worth taking the GMAT again?
Have talked to the school and they do admit that they look a lot at the GMAT but I was thinking that maybe someone here applied to the school or goes there at the moment and could give me a more detailed answers.

Thanks in advance.
GGarland
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 16

Re: SSE - Stockholm School of Economics Application [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2013, 04:42
GGarland wrote:
Hey you all, first post here.
So I have been considering applying for SSE for both the Corporate Finance as well as the Financial Accounting Master programs for the Fall of 2014.

Could someone review my stats and give me a straight answer of my possibilities to get in?

I have a C+/B- out of A in the Swedish system. About 40-48% A/B. Which translates to a moderate GPA, it's okay, not good or great.
I am currently working Back Office at one of the major retail banks.
No great extracurricular activities.
Got a 710 at my first GMAT, Q48, V38, AWA 5.0, IR 7.0

What are my chances? Can I improve? Is it worth taking the GMAT again?
Have talked to the school and they do admit that they look a lot at the GMAT but I was thinking that maybe someone here applied to the school or goes there at the moment and could give me a more detailed answers.

Thanks in advance.
GGarland

Being from Sweden you should have the best insight what is important when applying for a school there. Extracurriculars might be less of a "must" in Sweden, but you should still show that you have a passion for one thing or the other.

About the GMAT: I don't think it is worth retaking the GMAT, the average is likely below 700 (all I found online was http://www.quora.com/Stockholm-School-of-Economics/How-was-your-profile-for-a-successful-application-at-SSE-for-the-Corporate-Finance-Investment-Management-program). The best MBA programs are in that area, too, IESE 680, Mannheim 675, INSEAD 703. Averages for British schools are a little bit higher, maybe because native speakers tend to score higher on the verbal part. So a balanced 710 should be perfectly adequate.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: SSE - Stockholm School of Economics Application [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 12:38
Yeah but I'm asking previous applicants/students at the school. I mean I wouldn't ask if I didn't know.
Anyone?
Re: SSE - Stockholm School of Economics Application   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2013, 12:38