Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]
Hey guys, glad to see that other people from GMAT Club have applied for the SIM Master. I'm also waiting for the answer, "Material Prüfung II" atm. Not too confident about my chances, seems that so many high calibre candidates are applying!

With a GPA of 4.96/6 and GMAT 720, I'm aiming 64-65 points, then we'll see how they score the cover letter and extracurricular activites...

Oh and I come from the french part of Switzerland, not really adding any diversity either haha

Anyway, best of luck and hopefully see you in September!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey guys,
I score about 67 points for criteria a) and b), so if I were to make the 15 point threshold for c) and d) I would be accepted in round 2. I am from Germany and have plenty work experience but little international experience except for a 3-month internship in Spain. I have a second (technical) bachelor degree, but I'm not sure that helps. Do you guys think that with that record alone, I have a chance to receive at least 10 points for d)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
SinanAS wrote:
Hey guys, glad to see that other people from GMAT Club have applied for the SIM Master. I'm also waiting for the answer, "Material Prüfung II" atm. Not too confident about my chances, seems that so many high calibre candidates are applying!

With a GPA of 4.96/6 and GMAT 720, I'm aiming 64-65 points, then we'll see how they score the cover letter and extracurricular activites...

Oh and I come from the french part of Switzerland, not really adding any diversity either haha

Not too confident either. Cool de voir des francophones ;)

I try to convince myself that the people on this forum, because they are on this forum, have positively correlated GMAT scores and profile ... Which might as well be true but it just seems like they are a LOT of excellent candidates.

Wait and see, wait and see. Looking forward to having someone being accepted so it would mean that the process is finally underway.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fonda1957 wrote:
SinanAS wrote:

Not too confident either. Cool de voir des francophones ;)

Je pense pas que ce soit si "cool" de voir des francophones sachant qu'ils n'en voudront pas 40:(

I am beginning to doubt a lot: with my 40 points for the GMAT and my GPA 4.89, it gives me 59 points... Hope they will like my background and profile...

Can't wait anymore!

What are your other options?

I have been admitted to Bocconi MSc in International Management and ESADE MSc in International Management + CEMS.

May I see some you there if we don't succeed with SIM?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I too applied for the SIM program. My current status has been "Materielle Prufung II" for a while now. Good to see many more SIM candidates here!

I am from India and grew up in Singapore/Hong Kong and have 750 on the GMAT and a GPa that is about 5.1/6. Currently working in Banking.

Been admitted to LBS & HEC but waiting for Gallen! One question though, I am not a German speaker, do you guys happen to know how the job opportunities for Non-German speakers are after the SIM program?

All the best to everyone awaiting the results!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bvp wrote:
Hi guys,

I too applied for the SIM program. My current status has been "Materielle Prufung II" for a while now. Good to see many more SIM candidates here!

I am from India and grew up in Singapore/Hong Kong and have 750 on the GMAT and a GPa that is about 5.1/6. Currently working in Banking.

Been admitted to LBS & HEC but waiting for Gallen! One question though, I am not a German speaker, do you guys happen to know how the job opportunities for Non-German speakers are after the SIM program?

All the best to everyone awaiting the results!

I think there are good opportunities to get a job after the SIM program. Even in whole Europe your chances will be high and in the banking sector English is the main language.

I think with your profile your chances are high to get admitted to the SIM, even though not directly in the first round.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Expertus,

Thanks for your feedback!

I was a bit concerned because I am looking to shift into Consulting/Fund Management upon graduation. The consulting club events at the university seemed to be open mostly to German speakers so I wasn't sure how important German language skills are.

Based on my understanding as of now, I believe its quite important for consulting roles but not that important for banking. Do correct me if i am wrong :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
In general, I'm sure you don't have to worry about job opportunities with a SIM degree ;-)

My status is still MPII ok, last year around this time the first people were already admitted. So I guess we can expect some admissions soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Expecting some news this week. Has anyones status changed yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi. Does anyone still have "formal vollständig" status?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not changed yet, but last week they wrote me an email asking for some additional information, giving me last sunday as deadline, so I expect that this week it will come
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not changed yet . . . still at MP II for me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

it's nice to see that I am not the only one going crazy on that serviceportal page! Obviously I have applied too and my status is still on MPII ok as for many of you. I hope we'll get some news this week.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nicolasgabriel wrote:
Hi guys,

it's nice to see that I am not the only one going crazy on that serviceportal page! Obviously I have applied too and my status is still on MPII ok as for many of you. I hope we'll get some news this week.

Best of luck!

True words! I definitely think we should receive the results by the end of the week, they almost had one month by now to come to a decision..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

Just got a status change to zugelassen mit Vorbehalt :) hope you get yours soon!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
nicolasgabriel wrote:
Hey guys,

Just got a status change to zugelassen mit Vorbehalt :) hope you get yours soon!

My status also changed :) good luck to everybody else and congratulations nicolas!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mine changed to zugelassen mit Vorbehalt too. Hope that means I am in :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts