Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 00:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 12:34
My status just changed to "nicht zugelassen" 730 GMAT, probably 5.4 GPA in the Swiss system, 3 internships and lots of project work but little international experience (only one 3 months foreign internship). Very disappointed, really thought I had a good chance..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 12
Location: Belgium
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 15:06
Pleex wrote:
My status just changed to "nicht zugelassen" 730 GMAT, probably 5.4 GPA in the Swiss system, 3 internships and lots of project work but little international experience (only one 3 months foreign internship). Very disappointed, really thought I had a good chance..


I am in the exact same situation. Same GMAT/~GPA and nicht zugelassen, this programme is really top-notch. Too bad also that there isnt any other one that interest me.

To the lucky ones : enjoy those two years !
_________________

- Labor omnia vincit improbus -

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Location: Germany
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 22:50
hey guys... just got a nicht zugelassen with following cv:
German national
750 GMAT
3.7 GPA (probably 5.2 - 5.3 in Swiss system after recalculation by HSG)
Double bachelor's degree from German Uni of Applied Sciences and British Uni
Two long-term internships in the automotive industry
Cultural experience through student exchange, studying abroad and projects in USA, UK, Cameroon

i really thought i had a good chance of getting in, and the SIM program was my first choice by far.
i guess the criteria "CV" and "letter of motivation" are highly dependent on subjective opinions and thus render a lot of material for discussion.
oh well... i'm gonna go and rethink my plans now haha. congrats to all the admits and good luck to everyone else!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 23:04
In the history of this thread, some people also had their status changed to "nicht zugelassen" and still got admitted 2-3 days later. I really wouldn't think that they'd turn down hanseat with his profile - so let's wait a bit longer ;)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 00:29
guys... i see my profile similar to your ones if not slightly worse and still have MPII ok. So maybe in the end you all will change to accepted and i will be turned down, so don't lose hope!

i got admitted in vienna, but still i eould slightly prefer st gallen... :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 11:07
Somebody out there without any news like me? is it possible that we are on some kind of waiting list? did u lucky ones have to accept the admission in a certain period? freaking out here.....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Location: Germany
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 04:46
I sent an email to the admissions office asking them if they could tell me why I didn't get admitted. Surprisingly, they answered:

"Wir werden Ihnen innerhalb der kommenden 2 Wochen ein offizielles Schreiben per Post zusenden. In diesem Brief werden wir Sie über die erhaltene Punkteanzahl bei der Evaluierung durch das SIM Admission Committee informieren. "

So we'll receive a letter stating our scores within the next 2 weeks.

@Pleex, I'm fairly certain they're not going to change their minds as they did last year. I think there was some kind of mix-up involved.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 06:11
Just got the "nicht zugelassen".... my honest congratulation to the lucky ones and heads up to the others! ;)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 18:17
Hello everybody, as I see that this is an active thread, and a lot of you guys have been accepted I would like to ask you a favor.

I´m going to Geneva to UN conference on November and have already scheduled a guided Tour with a HSG representative within the University by friday the 22nd of November 2013 :shock: , I would love to meet any of ya, so you can tell me about first impressions or so, probably have a beer or something,

I´m from Colombia and have been studying my ass off towards my upcoming gmat test, (trying to get in by fall 2014).

Any replies would be appreciated and thank you all!

-Andres
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2014
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 00:17
I'm thinking of applying to the SIM program.
Has anyone with no formal business/finance coursework ever gotten in to the program? When I asked Kim Kontos this question, she declined to comment but only asked me to submit my application for review. The application fees are quite high so I'd like to get a sense before hand. There does exist a summer "catch-up" program of sorts, but the issue here is that I'm losing out on a maximum of 30 points for "The calculation of
the grade average shall be based on the examination results in
the relevant subjects. The compulsory and core elective subjects
of the Major in Business Administration of the University of
St.Gallen shall be the decisive factors"

Any thoughts? I have a 700 GMAT and Bachelor's and Masters degrees in Physics. I did not take any formal business coursework in University, only on Coursera.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 03:22
thetrystero wrote:
I'm thinking of applying to the SIM program.
Has anyone with no formal business/finance coursework ever gotten in to the program? When I asked Kim Kontos this question, she declined to comment but only asked me to submit my application for review. The application fees are quite high so I'd like to get a sense before hand. There does exist a summer "catch-up" program of sorts, but the issue here is that I'm losing out on a maximum of 30 points for "The calculation of
the grade average shall be based on the examination results in
the relevant subjects. The compulsory and core elective subjects
of the Major in Business Administration of the University of
St.Gallen shall be the decisive factors"

Any thoughts? I have a 700 GMAT and Bachelor's and Masters degrees in Physics. I did not take any formal business coursework in University, only on Coursera.


It is possible, you just will have to take some aditional courses here in St. Gallen. The GMAT of 700 on the other hand is quite low for SIM-purposes. I think It will be difficult to get in, unless you have some other very high achievements and some cultural diversity points you can add
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2014
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 03:33
expertus wrote:
thetrystero wrote:
I'm thinking of applying to the SIM program.
Has anyone with no formal business/finance coursework ever gotten in to the program? When I asked Kim Kontos this question, she declined to comment but only asked me to submit my application for review. The application fees are quite high so I'd like to get a sense before hand. There does exist a summer "catch-up" program of sorts, but the issue here is that I'm losing out on a maximum of 30 points for "The calculation of
the grade average shall be based on the examination results in
the relevant subjects. The compulsory and core elective subjects
of the Major in Business Administration of the University of
St.Gallen shall be the decisive factors"

Any thoughts? I have a 700 GMAT and Bachelor's and Masters degrees in Physics. I did not take any formal business coursework in University, only on Coursera.


It is possible, you just will have to take some aditional courses here in St. Gallen. The GMAT of 700 on the other hand is quite low for SIM-purposes. I think It will be difficult to get in, unless you have some other very high achievements and some cultural diversity points you can add


I thought I need at least 80 points to be admitted no? Without any points for related coursework, my theoretical maximum currently stands at 60. (40 GMAT + 20 experience/essay)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 04:06
thetrystero wrote:
expertus wrote:
thetrystero wrote:
I'm thinking of applying to the SIM program.
Has anyone with no formal business/finance coursework ever gotten in to the program? When I asked Kim Kontos this question, she declined to comment but only asked me to submit my application for review. The application fees are quite high so I'd like to get a sense before hand. There does exist a summer "catch-up" program of sorts, but the issue here is that I'm losing out on a maximum of 30 points for "The calculation of
the grade average shall be based on the examination results in
the relevant subjects. The compulsory and core elective subjects
of the Major in Business Administration of the University of
St.Gallen shall be the decisive factors"

Any thoughts? I have a 700 GMAT and Bachelor's and Masters degrees in Physics. I did not take any formal business coursework in University, only on Coursera.


It is possible, you just will have to take some aditional courses here in St. Gallen. The GMAT of 700 on the other hand is quite low for SIM-purposes. I think It will be difficult to get in, unless you have some other very high achievements and some cultural diversity points you can add


I thought I need at least 80 points to be admitted no? Without any points for related coursework, my theoretical maximum currently stands at 60. (40 GMAT + 20 experience/essay)


You will get points related to your grades in your Masters course, too. "You are eligible for admission to the Master's degree course SIM if you hold either a recognised Bachelor's degree in business administration (same or similar major) or a recognised consecutive university Master's degree in another major (both Bachelor's and Master's degree have to be taken in the same subject)."
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 06 May 2014, 04:05
Has anyone heard anything from HSG regarding this year's intake yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 03:53
Did not hear anything yet, but my online status finally changed to "Unterlagen eingegangen/in Bearbeitung". Where are you from, felixk92?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 04:03
SPX500 wrote:
Did not hear anything yet, but my online status finally changed to "Unterlagen eingegangen/in Bearbeitung". Where are you from, felixk92?


Mine has been on Materielle Prüfung II vollständig for quite some time now. I sent my application in the first week of February.

Austria, you?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 04:14
felixk92 wrote:
SPX500 wrote:
Did not hear anything yet, but my online status finally changed to "Unterlagen eingegangen/in Bearbeitung". Where are you from, felixk92?


Mine has been on Materielle Prüfung II vollständig for quite some time now. I sent my application in the first week of February.

Austria, you?


I finished my application on April 30th. Is Materielle Prüfung II vollständig the next possible application status?

I'm from Germany. Looks like we both don't get the diversity bonus :wink:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 04:44
SPX500 wrote:
I finished my application on April 30th. Is Materielle Prüfung II vollständig the next possible application status?

I'm from Germany. Looks like we both don't get the diversity bonus :wink:



The next is "formal vollständig".
No, I guess not :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 09 May 2014, 09:08
felixk92 wrote:
SPX500 wrote:
I finished my application on April 30th. Is Materielle Prüfung II vollständig the next possible application status?

I'm from Germany. Looks like we both don't get the diversity bonus :wink:



The next is "formal vollständig".
No, I guess not :-D



Let me know if your status changes! Does the direct-admit apply for you? (Swiss GPA over 5.5?)
Last year, the first students were notified on the 31st, let's hope the process is faster this time! ;)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 02:56
SPX500 wrote:
Let me know if your status changes! Does the direct-admit apply for you? (Swiss GPA over 5.5?)
Last year, the first students were notified on the 31st, let's hope the process is faster this time! ;)


I will. I don't know how they convert grades, what about you?

Yes, I'm staring to get really impatient :lol:
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?   [#permalink] 12 May 2014, 02:56
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
LBS MiM vs St. Gallen SIM gomlek 3 23 May 2014, 04:35
Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen? salsal 3 11 Jan 2014, 10:43
1 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake MonSama 135 21 Feb 2013, 23:04
9 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake Silver89 256 04 Aug 2011, 21:02
Display posts from previous: Sort by

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 195 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.