Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 15:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 19
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 12:05
Got a nicht zugelassen as well...disappointed :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 12:07
Hi!

I got admitted as well: "Zugelassen mit Vorbehalt", but I haven't received any formal email yet.

I have been also admitted to RSM Msc in International Management/CEMS with exchange at Boccconi, so I have to make a difficult decision now!

I hope you will get your results soon as well!

Zoltan
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 30 May 2012, 20:10
pataiz wrote:
Hi!

I got admitted as well: "Zugelassen mit Vorbehalt", but I haven't received any formal email yet.

I have been also admitted to RSM Msc in International Management/CEMS with exchange at Boccconi, so I have to make a difficult decision now!

I hope you will get your results soon as well!

Zoltan


Congrats. Pataiz, what's your secret? How did you get in with a gmat of 690, when others with 700-720 failed?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 01:35
Thanks! I believe that I was succeeded because of the following factors:
- I had a quite good GPA : 4,2 / 5
- I had lots of extracurricular activities (e.g. president of one of the biggest student organization in Hungary)
- I have been working at Ernst & Young as a consultant in a full-time position for a year now
- I have clear goals and strong motivation


sk8e wrote:
pataiz wrote:
Hi!

I got admitted as well: "Zugelassen mit Vorbehalt", but I haven't received any formal email yet.

I have been also admitted to RSM Msc in International Management/CEMS with exchange at Boccconi, so I have to make a difficult decision now!

I hope you will get your results soon as well!

Zoltan


Congrats. Pataiz, what's your secret? How did you get in with a gmat of 690, when others with 700-720 failed?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 02:06
Strange.. My Gmat was 710, GPA in your system would be 4.55. Two years of work experience in the banking industry, first as an assistant, later as a client executive. Graduated at a top university in Lithuania. I also speak German a little bit.. My only weaknesses could be no international experience (though I have travelled a lot), and the fact that my university might not be known to them. I asked them if they could explain their decision, but I think that they might ignore emails like this.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 07:03
I can't believe my eyes!! Two days ago my status changed to "night zugelassen". Today it changed again... To "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt"!!!!

I do not know wtf is going on, but I like it! Have to wait for the official letter I guess :) Anyway, it would be interesting to know whether it was a mistake, or they have changed their mind :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Posts: 21
Location: Italy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2012, 14:13
SK8 it happened the same to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it!!! didn't get an email yet as well let's hope there's no mistake!!

Congratulations man, i'll see you there!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2012, 17:34
Hi MarkDM and sk8e,
Congratulations to both of you! Thank you for your sharing, guys!

I applied for the SIM this Feb, although I have been admitted by the UCL and KCL in UK. I strongly believe that the SIM is the most suitable for me. I checked my status, it was nicht zugelassen. So disappointed.

I have GMAT 690/800,GPA 3.59/4.00, exchange experience in the KCL, worked as the chair in the school committee for two years, internship experience in the Bank of China and a domestic fund management corp for the past two summer time, and Goldman Sachs for this upcoming summer.

I sincerely want to study in the SIM with you guys. Really moved by by your experience and perseverance ! Would you like to share with me what helped the most in your pursuit for the SIM? I don't understand why I am not admitted, so I wrote to them several times, but there were no reply at all. Really really sad...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2012, 22:12
FlorenceGao wrote:
Hi MarkDM and sk8e,
Congratulations to both of you! Thank you for your sharing, guys!

I applied for the SIM this Feb, although I have been admitted by the UCL and KCL in UK. I strongly believe that the SIM is the most suitable for me. I checked my status, it was nicht zugelassen. So disappointed.

I have GMAT 690/800,GPA 3.59/4.00, exchange experience in the KCL, worked as the chair in the school committee for two years, internship experience in the Bank of China and a domestic fund management corp for the past two summer time, and Goldman Sachs for this upcoming summer.

I sincerely want to study in the SIM with you guys. Really moved by by your experience and perseverance ! Would you like to share with me what helped the most in your pursuit for the SIM? I don't understand why I am not admitted, so I wrote to them several times, but there were no reply at all. Really really sad...


Hi. Sad to hear that. Anyway, quite an impressive profile due to loads of extracurricular activities and superb internships. With a profile like this you even might get into LBS MiM where they value these experiences more than the GMAT. The problem here is that the minimum GMAT for St. Gallen is 680, and your score is low compared to the averages. Last year the average GMAT of SIM students was 710. This year it will be higher I guess as the programme is ranked as No.1 Master's programme by FT. If you really want to study at St. Gallen, you have to retake your GMAT and aim for 710 at least (720-740 would be a great score).

Cheers

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 21:38
Hey guys! If you are looking for a place to stay in St. Gallen, we are looking for a roommate:) Let me know, if you are interested!
Attachments

ad.jpg
ad.jpg [ 38.97 KiB | Viewed 7498 times ]

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2012, 13:17
Hi, I am wondering who is preparing to apply for the SIM. I am already looking forward to the SIM Master next year, because it is really a great program

Got a 770 in the GMAT :-D and I am now doing the Bachelor on Business Administration in St. Gallen. Fighting to get the 5.5 (At the moment I have it), which would mean that I get directly accepted. Do you know if 5.45 is rounded up to 5.5?

I am both Swiss and Costarican and lived 14 years in Costa Rica and have already a master in chemistry from ETHZ. I was in charge of the quality control in a small industrial company for 9 months and I am now doing an internship in strategic purchase while doing my bachelor thesis on supplier evaluation.

I am glad to hear from my probable future fellow students. If somebody needs to know something about St Gallen, I am glad to help
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Location: Bulgaria
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Schools: HBS 2+2 '18
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 13:45
expertus wrote:
Hi, I am wondering who is preparing to apply for the SIM. I am already looking forward to the SIM Master next year, because it is really a great program

Got a 770 in the GMAT :-D and I am now doing the Bachelor on Business Administration in St. Gallen. Fighting to get the 5.5 (At the moment I have it), which would mean that I get directly accepted. Do you know if 5.45 is rounded up to 5.5?

I am both Swiss and Costarican and lived 14 years in Costa Rica and have already a master in chemistry from ETHZ. I was in charge of the quality control in a small industrial company for 9 months and I am now doing an internship in strategic purchase while doing my bachelor thesis on supplier evaluation.

I am glad to hear from my probable future fellow students. If somebody needs to know something about St Gallen, I am glad to help


Hi, I am planning to apply to St.Gallen for matriculation (Fall 2013). I saw that the application window is from February to April. I am from Bulgaria, senior year in university, 700 on the GMAT.

Can you give me some details about the life in St Gallen and more specifically the social life in the university?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 10:29
Hello everybody,

I know this is the thread for the (MiM). But as i couldn't find a thread for the (MEcon) i thought i might as well chime in here and say hello :-)
(Mods, if this is considered bad etiquette, feel free to move/delete my post).

I apllied for the MEcon in St. Gallen (Spring 2013) and would be very glad to get some input of other students at USG on how my chances are to get into the programme. I got a TOEFL score (iBT) of 107 and a GMAT of 680. How do you think are my odds ? I can't find it any more, but i think i've read somewhere that the MEcon applicants need a minimum score in the GMAT of 680 ?

Last but not least, IF i somehow already got into the programme, this would be a great place to start and find some fellow students in St. Gallen.

Cheers,

Michael.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 09:10
Hey, I am intending to apply for the 2013 intake as well. I have a GMAT of 710 but my bachelor (business management) is a low second upper class. On their website I have not found much information about bachelor requirements except the fact that it weights 30 per cent.

Does anybody know if I can apply for two masters at the same time? I assume the masters taught in german may be less competitive.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 00:58
1
This post received
KUDOS
fligzz wrote:
Hey, I am intending to apply for the 2013 intake as well. I have a GMAT of 710 but my bachelor (business management) is a low second upper class. On their website I have not found much information about bachelor requirements except the fact that it weights 30 per cent.

Does anybody know if I can apply for two masters at the same time? I assume the masters taught in german may be less competitive.



Hey fligzz, first of all congratulations on your test results, nice job! :)

Which specific master are we talking about ?
For the MEcon it is: minimum GMAT of 650 and if 680+ = auto-qualified (if, of course, the other requirements are fullflled as well)
In fact the above is true for all master programmes, that have NOT listed any other minimum values for the GMAT on the official website of HSG (you can look them up under the tab 'admission' of the specific programme).

Other programmes, like the SiM, are harder to get into (minimum GMAT of 680, dont know about auto-quali score).


For all masters you'll need a TOEFL of 100 or a similar score in a comparable test.

About your last 2 questions, i can not really tell yet. <--- start in Feb '13

Kind regards.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 04:23
Hello Konditola, thank you very much for your reply. I will apply for the Business Management (MUG) program.
I have asked the student office how bachelor grades and gmat scores are valued and if it is possible to apply
for more than one program. Once I get a reply I am going to post it here.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 10:30
fligzz wrote:
Hello Konditola, thank you very much for your reply. I will apply for the Business Management (MUG) program.
I have asked the student office how bachelor grades and gmat scores are valued and if it is possible to apply
for more than one program. Once I get a reply I am going to post it here.


Glad i could help :)
I guess you want to apply for the fall semester then, right ?! Maybe i'll see you around then. I just looked up the admission criterias for the MUG on their website. Seems like you get an auto-admit. I guess it's just a matter of where and what you want to study then, hah :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 09:52
For SIM auto- quali score is at least 740 in GMAT and also at least 5.5 grade average (swiss grades (1 to 6), only relevant courses count). So this is really very difficult to achieve. Usually only about 5 people qualify directly from about 300 applications.

You can of course apply for more than one master at the same time
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 18:18
Is anyone applying for this Fall?

I am applying and submitted my documents on April 25th, but it still shows "Unterlagen eingegangen/in Bearbeitung (Sie werden schriftlich benachrichtigt. Es können keine telefonischen Auskünfte gegeben werden)"

Has anyone had their portal show anything different?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 01:07
burbano1ma wrote:
Is anyone applying for this Fall?

I am applying and submitted my documents on April 25th, but it still shows "Unterlagen eingegangen/in Bearbeitung (Sie werden schriftlich benachrichtigt. Es können keine telefonischen Auskünfte gegeben werden)"

Has anyone had their portal show anything different?


Mine is on "materielle Prüfung II ok". Before it was on "formal vollständig"
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?   [#permalink] 30 Apr 2013, 01:07
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
LBS MiM vs St. Gallen SIM gomlek 3 23 May 2014, 04:35
Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen? salsal 3 11 Jan 2014, 10:43
17 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2014 intake snowden 140 10 Nov 2013, 08:24
9 University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake Silver89 256 04 Aug 2011, 21:02
Display posts from previous: Sort by

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 195 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.