Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 790 Q V
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 22

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 19:54
If you have two weeks for your interview, does that mean this Wednesday is the last day of invites?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 22:47
I was asked to get my interview done by Nov 30th (this Friday)
Current Student
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 23:48
jch wrote:
I was asked to get my interview done by Nov 30th (this Friday)

Interesting... You would have to assume then majority of interview invites have now gone out. I imagine they use the last two weeks to basically sort through files and finalise decisions.

Can't believe we will know the outcome in a few more weeks. This waiting has been killing me.

My Debrief

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.79
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 07:50
Had my interview for the GSB yesterday. Got some pretty standard questions that were very consistent with many of the interview reports . Most of which were behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time..):

1. Why an MBA?
2. How does Stanford fit in?
3. Tell me about a time (or two) when you went above and beyond your role?
4. Tell me about a time you saw an opportunity where others didn't?
5. Tell me about a time you dealt with someone on a team you had trouble working with, or dealing with?
6. Tell me about a time you convinced someone on a team to change their mind about something?
7. Questions for him..

Thought it went really well! And the discussion was pretty free flowing, and conversational as we had several things in common. However, it seems as though the interview at the GSB really isn't as "influential" as they are at other schools. It truly is just another data point in the application that can only make you lose a spot as opposed to win one. The reason I say this is that my interview made a comment saying "I will file my report, the admissions committee work their magic and you will find out very soon." Sounded like his report wouldn't have much control. So I will continue to keep my fingers crossed!
Current Student

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 13:17
I think Wednesday should be the last day as in the interview it says you need to get it done in the next two weeks.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 13:20
DreamerfromPQ wrote:
I think Wednesday should be the last day as in the interview it says you need to get it done in the next two weeks.

If you look at last years forum invites went out up until 1 week before. Furthermore emails going out now ask for completion in 1 week.
Current Student

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 14:14
Still hoping for the best here. Good luck to everyone

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stanford '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V49
GPA: 3.89

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 1

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 14:18
This post received
KUDOS
Although I was in the same position losing hope not long ago, looking at last year's posts there do seem to continue to be interview invites going into early December. They'll just have to finish those interviews in a shorter time frame. Not all hope is lost for those waiting.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 14:48
I completed my interview today and wanted to confirm that my experience was very much like what I read on this forum and the web in general. Relaxed, free flowing, and conversational. The Alum focused on some things we had in common and then built a conversation from there. It wasn't until the 30 minute mark that he asked his four or five behavioral questions, all starting with "tell me about a time when..." All told we went well over an hour. At the end he was kind enough to answer my questions about his perspective on the Stanford MBA.

Regardless of the final outcome, I'm glad I took the time to apply because it drove me to have some tough conversations with myself and spend some time figuring out how to market myself.

I wish everyone the best. Have a great day!
4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46

Kudos [?]: 23 [4] , given: 4

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 15:04
This post received
KUDOS
xnormjeanx wrote:
Although I was in the same position losing hope not long ago, looking at last year's posts there do seem to continue to be interview invites
going into early December. They'll just have to finish those interviews in a shorter time frame. Not all hope is lost for those waiting.

I have heard of people being invited to interview on d-day and hearing back within 48 hours after interviewing (a week or so after the decision was supposed to have gone out).... These people were accepted.

I will continue to have hope until 5pm dec 12. Everyone here is still in the running, so let's act like it!

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 18:26
At the very least, being that Stanford trickles invites out, everyone should hold out hope until 12/5 (last day of interview invites according to the email when apps were submitted).
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 18:44
sid05 wrote:
At the very least, being that Stanford trickles invites out, everyone should hold out hope until 12/5 (last day of interview invites according to the email when apps were submitted).

My email only said up until a week before the deadline, but looking at last years forum they stopped around Dec 2nd, and the d day was later
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.44

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 19:20
Had my interview today, think it went alright. I wish I had done some more mock interviews because I think I left out some key points I wanted to highlight. Other than that I had the same experience as others on here: very relaxed and conversational with mainly behavioral questions. Interview lasted about an hour. Good luck to those waiting to hear and for those prepping for their interviews.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 21:15
hi ja42785,

I'm also from the Philippines and was wondering when you received the invitation. I hope Stanford still sends out interview invites until next week. :)
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 23:22
Expert's post
Stanford has confirmed that invites will go out until about a week before the result date:

The timing of your interview invitation reflects only the order in which your application was reviewed (and the order in which your application was reviewed doesn't mean anything, honest!). Interview invitations are extended from about a week or so after the round's deadline until about a week before the round's notification date, because it takes the Admissions Committee that entire period to review all applications thoroughly.

Source: http://www.stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 20:08
Mighty quite in here
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stanford '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V49
GPA: 3.89

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 21:10
Had my interview today. Went as expected based on previous reports. Spent a good amount of time just talking about my background and points from my resume, then went into a few behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you made a great impact" and "tell me a time you were really challenged leading a team. " surprisingly didn't get the question of why stanford. Spent almost half the time with me asking my interviewer questions though. It was a good conversation I thought n but we'll see how things turn out!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 14

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 09:12
!@#%$@#%$%T^$%#@$#@$ :snipersmile: :2gunfire: :madd :stupid :beat :pc :puke :drunk :arh :toilet :hair :fart :wall :crying :??? :butt :dunnow :hammer :scared :maniac :saw :rocket :roof :boxer :die :m16 :getout :barbarian :boxer2 :shocked

aerien wrote:
Stanford has confirmed that invites will go out until about a week before the result date:

The timing of your interview invitation reflects only the order in which your application was reviewed (and the order in which your application was reviewed doesn't mean anything, honest!). Interview invitations are extended from about a week or so after the round's deadline until about a week before the round's notification date, because it takes the Admissions Committee that entire period to review all applications thoroughly.

Source: http://www.stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 10:24
Just called and heard the recorded message - they expect to extend interview invitations through Dec 12th. Gives little hope but I dont feel too +ve especially given the silence on this forum
Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 10:26
VibhaVKM wrote:
Just called and heard the recorded message - they expect to extend interview invitations through Dec 12th. Gives little hope but I dont feel too +ve especially given the silence on this forum

Wait what recorded message. And through D day that's not what the email said.
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2012, 10:26