Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 13:40
This post received
KUDOS
Interestingly, some people, whether to console me or because of conviction, blame the application process. That's where I always intervene, because Stanford in particular has been exceedingly friendly throughout, and if my CV or essays aren't good enough, it is nobody's fault but my own.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 411 [2] , given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 07:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
skbhagra wrote:
BuilderSF wrote:
I heard a rumor that interview invites were sent out alphabetically by last name. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Dont know if that is true. But it would certainly mean a DING for me. :cry:

Rumors are just that, rumors. If you're invited, you'll get your email. Don't worry about when it comes -- that has no bearing on the ultimate decision.

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V51
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [2] , given: 14

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 09:37
This post received
KUDOS
BuilderSF wrote:
I heard a rumor that interview invites were sent out alphabetically by last name. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

I got my interview email on Feb. 1, and my last name is in the last 1/4th of the alphabet. So unless you want to start speculating about reverse-alphabetical order, I'd say you're best off believing that it really is random...
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [2] , given: 19

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 02:05
This post received
KUDOS
Indeed all top US B schools claim they are reapplicants freindly, but I don't think that is really the case. Otherwise they wouldn't ask the question "Have you previously applied and what's the result." Official blog statements are just there to serve PR purposes only. Of course they will always encourage reapplications: it makes schools look better, have larger application volumes therefore lower acceptance rate, and more application fees:-) I just think applicants shouldn't take official statement too seriously sometimes.

From a pure psychological perspective, who wants to override one's own decision in the first place? If you reapply after two or three years, maybe they will give your app a serious look. But if your reapplication is only made less than a year after a ding, don't think that will be the case.

In addition, I have never heard of an admission offer to an Indian student in India in R3. R3 offer to Indian students yes, but already US based.

Just a thought.

Last edited by djy2378 on 14 Feb 2013, 02:17, edited 2 times in total.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.94
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 17:09
This post received
KUDOS
Received an invite as well. Came in about 530 ET today (I'm domestic). They're only just starting to pick up. I know current students who got invites as late as March 14 (equivalent), so unfortunately it's just a long waiting game... Best of luck to everyone.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V48

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 11:30
This post received
KUDOS
lennoxRU wrote:
hern007 wrote:
Looks like the typical interviewee profile here is: 3 years work experience, very high 750+ GMAT, 3.7+ GPA.

+current or past experience in big3 consulting or bulge bracket IB. Boring.

Not to be picky... but...

2.5 Years consumer goods, 730 gmat.

And I had my interview this morning
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 1

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 20:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all --

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been obsessively checking these boards for people's interview invites, refreshing my gmail constantly, and my nails have been bitten down to nothing since February started. I figured I'd post when I got an interview to let everyone know that the invites are still going out. It seems really random to me, not in waves or even on specific days. Got it just now, 7:30pm PST. All of this to say that Stanford really does mean interviews go out until two weeks beforehand, please don't give up hope. And if you can't stop yourself from checking these boards like me, at least try & remind yourself that your chances don't actually go down with time as someone else posted -- you have the same chances you had when you hit the submit button. Keep the faith and everything will turn out as it's supposed to, I know it's SO hard waiting. I wish everyone tons of luck.

Also, I don't have a 700+ GMAT, so to all of those, don't stop believing :) I've noticed that people often want to know stats of interviewees, but I'm not posting them here because I'm paranoid and don't want to do anything to screw up my interview, so if you want to know something, you can PM me.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 10:54
This post received
KUDOS
Got the invite!

It went to my spam folder and has the subject "Free delivery and every day promotions are waiting for those who will take at list few products from our shelves!" Weird spelling error and misleading heading aside, I could NOT be more relieved.

Guys, make sure your email service isn't filtering out messages from "Discount-Canadian-Meds." Other interviewees: Did you have so many choices? Antiobiotics. Pain Killers. Dealing with Depression. Meds for Men. I haven't heard of half of these, but I guess it doesn't matter. Eeeeek. So excited!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 9

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 02:42
This post received
KUDOS
Truegmat wrote:
This statement from aerien confuses me, why anybody's legacy should benefit them in admission. How does it matter that your uncle or your father being the alumni makes you a better candidate. It's your own personal
Candidacy that should matter. If any school gives undue advantage to any candidate because of their legacy then it's discriminatory and gross injustice to us who have no uncles and father from Stanford to back them up.

Dont Worry!!!

You'll create a legacy for your generations ahead.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 15:18
This post received
KUDOS
No one is hearing ANYTHING???!

I think Stanford should make their class size bigger! :)
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.94
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 11:25
This post received
KUDOS
Call came in just a few min ago (12:15PM PDT)!!!! Can't wait to meet all fellow admits in a few weeks and few more months! Keep the faith, everyone else. It's not done until the decisions are online tomorrow around noon EDT. He's called people up to that time before. Best of luck!

I am in Texas (Central time zone USA)
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 67 [1] , given: 36

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
Absolute dream school. Wishing all applicants the best of luck.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 55

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 20:59
This post received
KUDOS
GPT55 wrote:
xinga wrote:
People, any tentative dates by which we will hear from GSB?

Hopes are dwindling as time ticks by.

Try and chill a bit. :) It's not even November yet, and I read that they keep sending out interview invites right until a couple of days before the decision date. (Sorry, won't look for the link now, please trust me. :))

Actually I remember an admissions officer saying that as well. They must enjoy reading our comments of turmoil.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
VibhaVKM wrote:
Doesn't look like anyone in the US has received the interview invite

I did a few weeks ago.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V49

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 1

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2012, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
Just checked :

There are currently no messages in your Message Center.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [1] , given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 18:49
This post received
KUDOS
To give some perspective to the obsessively anxious among us: look no further than last year's numbers. There were 178 applicants in R1 on gmatclub last year. 22 received invitations to interview. There are 200+ applications this year and only 6 have so far received invitations.

Conclude from this what you will, but I'm betting that there are a good dozen or more interview invites yet to be received among gmatclub folks, not to mention the many dozens for people who don't access or post on these forums. Statistics and probability being what they are, somewhat over 10% of the 200 of us on here should get invites, so let's not jump to conclusions prematurely. The only true conclusion right now is the one that dictates that no one knows anything until D-Day.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 67 [1] , given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 12:46
This post received
KUDOS
VankaStanka wrote:
xinga wrote:
Does anyone know the D-day for Stanford?

I want the time machine to get me past it...

December 12th... it's on their web site

As for the anxiety we share - well, i'm a strong believer in doing the best you can on what you can affect, and accept the things you can't.

We've done our best, now we need to wait for it. It will either come, or it won't. :wink:
No use in going a-wall about it.

I completely agree with this comment! Hard to remember this when you constant refresh your inbox hoping for an email, but heads up. You had enough guts to even submit an application!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 12:46
This post received
KUDOS
DreamerfromPQ wrote:
From Us News they accepted 466 and from my visit they say the interview 800 to 900 so your chances pretty good man. Good luck

They said they plan on interviewing about 900, but that number often creeps up to 1200 or so. In the interview invite email it clearly says that they reject the majority of applicants they interview and they typically admit around 500 so they would typically be interviewing 1,000+ to keep that true.
The odds are still favorable to those without interviews, but "pretty good" is all relative.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 790 Q V
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 22

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 14:00
This post received
KUDOS
Yeah but even 1/3 chances are better than 6.5/100. Though true, is all relative.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.51
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 16:06
This post received
KUDOS
Crap! Ok all the pharma/biotech/engineers give me your home address...I must destroy you...
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Nov 2012, 16:06