Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 13:08
Resume, provided by the candidate.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 627

Kudos [?]: 2535 [0], given: 745

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 13:32
Expert's post

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 17:44
Anyone hear anything today I was kinda expecting a blast based on last years timing
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 20:44
Does anyone know whether HBS's new field program has impacted Stanford's application number?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 00:09
guys,anyone knows any candidate fron europe(except Britain)getting the invites and when??

seems it went through interational first and then mainly US now, but Europe was all the way quiet, unless people are not active enough:(((
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 04:25
summerbreeze118 wrote:
guys,anyone knows any candidate fron europe(except Britain)getting the invites and when??

seems it went through interational first and then mainly US now, but Europe was all the way quiet, unless people are not active enough:(((

I've been wondering about that too... Maybe there's just not too many Europeans on this forum? At any rate, I am pretty sure that most invites did go out already, including to Europe (unfortunately).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 08:56
It has been quiet for the last week, hearing no one getting an invite on this forum
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 09:05
Expert's post
VibhaVKM wrote:
It has been quiet for the last week, hearing no one getting an invite on this forum

Yeah... and since it's December now, unless people here early next week, chances are slim to none that more people will be invited. :/

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 10:09
aerien wrote:
VibhaVKM wrote:

Yeah... and since it's December now, unless people here early next week, chances are slim to none that more people will be invited. :/

There should be more blast right. I havnt heard of anyone getting one since monday
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 790 Q V
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 22

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 16:46
I am hanging the gloves on Stanford. Hopefully other schools come through. For some reason I always thought that HBS was harder to get in than Stanford. I know Stanford has a lower acceptance rate but i just thought it was due to small size more than anything.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 21:31
DreamerfromPQ wrote:
I am hanging the gloves on Stanford. Hopefully other schools come through. For some reason I always thought that HBS was harder to get in than Stanford. I know Stanford has a lower acceptance rate but i just thought it was due to small size more than anything.

What makes you say that Stanford is harder than HBS?

I don't think you can compare response rates from candidates between the two schools because they conduct the application process very differently.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 01:50
ml1 wrote:
summerbreeze118 wrote:

I've been wondering about that too... Maybe there's just not too many Europeans on this forum? At any rate, I am pretty sure that most invites did go out already, including to Europe (unfortunately).

I'm from Europe but haven't heard from them unfortunately.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 13:34
esdykes wrote:
DreamerfromPQ wrote:

I don't think you can compare response rates from candidates between the two schools because they conduct the application process very differently.

Well, maybe that Stanford accepts half the percentage that Harvard does and still maintains a higher GPA and GMAT.....Easy enough.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 15:49
I am planning to apply for R2 and need some inputs........what awards & honors do Indian students typically report ?
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 15:53
Expert's post
vivekvasireddy wrote:
I am planning to apply for R2 and need some inputs........what awards & honors do Indian students typically report ?

What awards have you earned/received since college? You should focus on crafting your own story in Stanford's (or any school's) application.

Also, I don't think anybody would have stats on awards/honors that Indian applicants report; neither would have we have that information for any other nationality's applicants.

aerien

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:42
thebdouglas wrote:
esdykes wrote:
DreamerfromPQ wrote:

Well, maybe that Stanford accepts half the percentage that Harvard does and still maintains a higher GPA and GMAT.....Easy enough.

Ah - okay. I thought you were saying this based only on response rates in the forum, which didn't quite add up for me. Agree on actual stats but I still wonder if that has to do with smaller class size. In either case - both are fantastic schools.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 13:53
esdykes wrote:
DreamerfromPQ wrote:

Well, maybe that Stanford accepts half the percentage that Harvard does and still maintains a higher GPA and GMAT.....Easy enough.[/quote]

Ah - okay. I thought you were saying this based only on response rates in the forum, which didn't quite add up for me. Agree on actual stats but I still wonder if that has to do with smaller class size. In either case - both are fantastic schools.[/quote]

Most definitely has to do with class size...Stanford's is fairly small for top programs, yet they still attract far more applicants than any program near their size. If HBS cut their class in half they would still likely get 7,000+ apps and have a similar admit % to GSB. However, GSB has the smaller class and a crazy high # of apps so they can still pick and choose their students a little more closely. Both are great programs and both admit quite different students (with some overlap)....I myself got dinged at HBS but was interviewed @ GSB (+ Haas & Anderson) and am hoping for an admit.
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 16:03
Expert's post
R1-ers awaiting decisions and R2/R3 applicants planning ahead -- here's some info about application notifications and decision notifications. NOTE: Based on this, it does not sound like any decisions will be released, via phone or otherwise, before the decision notification date (for R1 that's December 12). Good luck everyone!

When you submit your application via Hobson's ApplyYourself, you will receive an immediate message thanking you for your submission. Your application status in Hobson's ApplyYourself shows as "Submitted." Approximately two weeks after the application deadline, all applications are marked "Under Review." You will be contacted via email by our office if you are invited to interview; your application status will remain "Under Review." On the decision notification date, you will receive an email that the decision on your application has been posted. You will be directed to log into your Hobson's ApplyYourself account, where you will see your decision letter.

Source: http://stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/

aerien

Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 16:17
aerien wrote:
R1-ers awaiting decisions and R2/R3 applicants planning ahead -- here's some info about application notifications and decision notifications. NOTE: Based on this, it does not sound like any decisions will be released, via phone or otherwise, before the decision notification date (for R1 that's December 12). Good luck everyone!

When you submit your application via Hobson's ApplyYourself, you will receive an immediate message thanking you for your submission. Your application status in Hobson's ApplyYourself shows as "Submitted." Approximately two weeks after the application deadline, all applications are marked "Under Review." You will be contacted via email by our office if you are invited to interview; your application status will remain "Under Review." On the decision notification date, you will receive an email that the decision on your application has been posted. You will be directed to log into your Hobson's ApplyYourself account, where you will see your decision letter.

Source: http://stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/

My app never changed to under review on Hobsons. Did others?
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 16:20
thebdouglas wrote:
Both are great programs and both admit quite different students (with some overlap)....I myself got dinged at HBS but was interviewed @ GSB (+ Haas & Anderson) and am hoping for an admit.

100% agree. I'm actually in the opposite boat. Eternal wait for Stanford, but interviewed at HBS (+Darden & LBS). Hoping for an invite from HBS. In hind-sight, I can definitely see that my style and therefore essays were much more HBS than Stanford material. Only wish I had realized that before submitting!
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2012, 16:20