Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Ding-a-ling.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Congrats to all the selected candidates !!

So sorry for those who have been rejected.
Most of you had strong profiles from what I see (gmat, gpa)
Any idea why the application was denied ? Did you guys use admission consultants ? Were they confident about your chances ? I am still trying to figure out what kind of profile they are looking to enroll...

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
4th recommendation letter.. What do you guys think about it? I have an extracurricular supervisor type in business that I think could really round out my technical background. On the GSB website it says that they discourage the 4th letter, but says it's okay to submit it (they say that it may hurt you and the adcom may not even read it). Any advice?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Management Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Admitted Sloanie (not full-time MBA)!

Haven't been able to sleep normally since getting the call on 12/21.

If there are any more of you newly minted Sloan Fellows out there, please respond on the Stanford Sloan Class of 2014 thread or on Facebook @Stanford-Sloan-2014

GMAT = 700 / 90%, V38, Q48, AW6, IR8
Graduate GPA (MS-IST) = 4.0
Undergrad GPA (BS Econ) = 3.1
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools: AGSM '16
Send PM
Hey, I was wondering whether anyone could help out with a technical issue I'm facing in uploading my transcript. The application clearly states that only black and white copies of transcripts should be uploaded. I have a pdf version of my e-transcript which is black and white but has a maroon watermark. I'm wondering whether anyone is aware of any official communication/instruction from the AdComm regarding this. I searched the website extensively but couldn't find anything. I can't convert the pdf into black and white because it is secured and cannot be altered.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In for R2!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.33
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Finalizing my round 2 application. I just saw the part-time employment section. I worked part-time during college (waiter, grounds crew at a golf course), but didn't have anything impressive like an internship, etc. Do I include these or just leave the section blank?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: IESE '15 (M$)
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Hey,
just submitted my application and then noticed that I hadnt numbered my pages.... is this such a big deal?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Reading your post made me realize I didn't number my pages either!! I am also nervous that I left the "favorite thing to read" question blank... I had planned to go back and enter something in but I don't think I ever did. It wasn't a required question... how much do you think these two omissions matter?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
j23hughes wrote:
I heard if you have any colors on transcript its an automatic ding.....same with missing page numbers

Hey j23hughes
Are you sure that color transcript really matters?
What do you mean automatic ding?
Application site automatically filters? or adcom throw out the app if transcript is colorful?
I dont think any of both makes sense.
Can you tell the source you heard from?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
j23hughes wrote:
I heard if you have any colors on transcript its an automatic ding.....same with missing page numbers

This is absolutely true. I know a guy who applied to stanford gsb last year: 3.95 gpa from a top ivy, rhodes scholar, mckinsey, and founder of a major non-profit that helps orphans in Africa, 790 GMAT. He got dinged without an interview because he uploaded his official transcripts, which have colored backgrounds. Truly a shame.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.62
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
j23hughes wrote:

This is absolutely true. I know a guy who applied to stanford gsb last year: 3.95 gpa from a top ivy, rhodes scholar, mckinsey, and founder of a major non-profit that helps orphans in Africa, 790 GMAT. He got dinged without an interview because he uploaded his official transcripts, which have colored backgrounds. Truly a shame.

An impressive background does not mean a good essay, a good reference letter etc. Given the small size of GSB class, within the consultant pool he might be beated by other BCG/McKinsey consultants.
I uploaded colored copy of my transcirpts also; I am going to drop a note to the admin com for official answer. Personally I don't think top business school would judge candidates in such naive way. Will update here if any response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Send PM
Omg
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: IESE '15 (M$)
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
there is a thread on Gmat club which talks about how adcoms view these small mistakes, bottom line, is one tiny ommission, one grammatical error etc, wont get you automatically dinged, especially if you have awesome stats and essays, let me find it and post it. and here is another one why-you-shouldn-t-look-at-your-essays-after-you-ve-submitted-71156.html
I think wall street oasis and beat the gmat also have threads on the topic, it isnt such a big deal unless all your work is sloppy..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
In for round 3. I heard it's the least competitive round...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
jimmyzhang2012 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:
j23hughes wrote:

An impressive background does not mean a good essay, a good reference letter etc. Given the small size of GSB class, within the consultant pool he might be beated by other BCG/McKinsey consultants.
I uploaded colored copy of my transcirpts also; I am going to drop a note to the admin com for official answer. Personally I don't think top business school would judge candidates in such naive way. Will update here if any response.

Hahaha. Thanks Shawshank for that comment. I'm guessing the stress prevents some of us from seeing the humor side of all this! For all those R2 applicants, let's (try to) relax for a few days!! Best of luck for everybody!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.71
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
jimmyzhang2012 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

Wow. I just assumed that it was obvious to everyone that I was totally being facetious.

To seriously answer the question, no, you're not going to get dinged because of this. Just send an e-mail to admissions and let them know. GMAT clubbers have a tendency to obsess over the smallest details. RELAX.

OMG I am very stressed out I do not get the joke at all.. My transcript is black and white already except for the university stamp, and I thought I just got a heart attack.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts