Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Anyone on here a 2nd time applicant to GSB?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Are there any chances of getting through in Round 3 for an Indian?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
ukhanna wrote:

No. Don't think about it.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
djy2378 wrote:
ukhanna wrote:

Thanks for your response. But why do you say that? Is it applicable even if I have a fairly unique international profile? I plan to apply together with my wife.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
ukhanna wrote:
djy2378 wrote:
ukhanna wrote:

Thanks for your response. But why do you say that? Is it applicable even if I have a fairly unique international profile? I plan to apply together with my wife.

Apply if you want but remember that round 3 is as unforgiving as it is short. . The chances of anyone getting into Stanford are small. The chances of a couple getting in are even smaller. I wouldn't make it any harder by applying in the last round. Anything's possible though...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Hello guys,

It's great to read all the replies
Does someone knows until when we can hope for a Stanford GSB interview email? :oops:

Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Real Estate
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
I heard a rumor that interview invites were sent out alphabetically by last name. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
BuilderSF wrote:
I heard a rumor that interview invites were sent out alphabetically by last name. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Dont know if that is true. But it would certainly mean a DING for me. :cry:
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [2]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
skbhagra wrote:
BuilderSF wrote:

Dont know if that is true. But it would certainly mean a DING for me. :cry:

Rumors are just that, rumors. If you're invited, you'll get your email. Don't worry about when it comes -- that has no bearing on the ultimate decision.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
I heard a rumour that in order to decide which applicant to admit the adcom make a woodoo doll of each candidate and try assess what they feel towards it. It may be true, as my stomach rumbled last night as if I was confused by someone's attention. Hope they liked my doll!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
BuilderSF wrote:

Would those invited to interview be able to provide: last name initial, as well as time of day your email was received (with time zone)? Seems the reported invites are still very few, but a couple data points might help confirm this. Would also be useful to understand if there is one time of day they blast the emails (to limit the constant email refreshing)! Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
ti6r0u8ny wrote:
BuilderSF wrote:

Would those invited to interview be able to provide: last name initial, as well as time of day your email was received (with time zone)? Seems the reported invites are still very few, but a couple data points might help confirm this. Would also be useful to understand if there is one time of day they blast the emails (to limit the constant email refreshing)! Thanks!

I promise there is not. The admissions committee has said it a million times: there is no order to the application reads. Even if they read them alphabetically, sometimes they put an application to the side and come back to it once they've read more submissions. So even if there was an order, it's disrupted by their jumping back and forth to revisit applicants they had on the margin.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
ukhanna wrote:
djy2378 wrote:
ukhanna wrote:

International intake happen in Round 1 and Round 2. And with no offense, most applicants to the GSB are self-selected as having unique profiles. And applying with your wife would not help either, because you are going to take two spots out of an already extremely limited intake. R3 intake happens domestically also for visa reasons. You will not have enough time to settle down everything. So instead of wasting your chance on a R3 this year, think about R1 for the next year--if you are really serious about GSB. Because if you failed this year in R3 and apply for R1 the next admission cycle, they will treat your application as a reapplication. They won't care which round you didn't it, and that won't help you. So, think carefully before you make that application, and don't spoil your chance on a R3 app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Wow... looking at last year's thread was not encouraging... looks like they had few r2 invites... and they kept rolling out slowly until March 7th or so... In speaking with admissions, I was told most invitations will be sent by Mar 13th which is consistent... I guess this won't be as active a thread as some of the other top schools... Best of luck to everyone and maybe ease up on checking in on this one in particular... We've got a month before making a real yes/no judgment call.

Columbia gets my deposit money until then... (due next week)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V51
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Kudos
BuilderSF wrote:

I got my interview email on Feb. 1, and my last name is in the last 1/4th of the alphabet. So unless you want to start speculating about reverse-alphabetical order, I'd say you're best off believing that it really is random...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Kudos
djy2378 wrote:
ukhanna wrote:
djy2378 wrote:

International intake happen in Round 1 and Round 2. And with no offense, most applicants to the GSB are self-selected as having unique profiles. And applying with your wife would not help either, because you are going to take two spots out of an already extremely limited intake. R3 intake happens domestically also for visa reasons. You will not have enough time to settle down everything. So instead of wasting your chance on a R3 this year, think about R1 for the next year--if you are really serious about GSB. Because if you failed this year in R3 and apply for R1 the next admission cycle, they will treat your application as a reapplication. They won't care which round you didn't it, and that won't help you. So, think carefully before you make that application, and don't spoil your chance on a R3 app.

OK I'm sure you intentions are good, but there is a lot of misinformation in this post. It's important not to simply repeat 'conventional forum wisdom' as if it is true, when it has been directly contradicted by statements from the school.

- most applicants to the GSB are self-selected as having unique profiles
What does this mean? You still have to apply and get in. You can't self-select admission.

- International intake happen in Round 1 and Round 2 ... R3 intake happens domestically also for visa reasons.
Says who? Internationals can and do get in in R3 - it is not domestics only. Sure, as an international you might have to work fast to get a visa, but I do not believe that the schools make R3 decisions based on this.

- Because if you failed this year in R3 and apply for R1 the next admission cycle, they will treat your application as a reapplication.
Of course they will treat you as a reapplicant, you are one! But you are assuming that this is some sort of kiss of death. Stanford is reapplicant friendly (as in fact are most schools). There are plenty of reapplicants to top schools gaining admissions on these forums.

In fact, what you have said is directly contradicted from Stanford's admissions blog:

"So the real question to ask yourself is when do you want to enroll? If the answer is September 2009, then you should apply now in Round 3. If you’re admitted, great. If not, then you’re in a better position for September 2010 having already begun the self-reflection process for your first-round application."
- https://www.stanford.edu/group/mba/blog/ ... und_3.html

Long story short, if you have a competitive profile apply. If you don't get in, you can reapply next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I think the original responder was just saying that ueber-competitive profiles are, by definition, very rare, so think extra-hard about applying in Round 3. That sounds like a pretty fair response to a question that asked for an opinion.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts