Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [3]
Given Kudos: 53
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! [#permalink]
Kudos
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
ILoseUGain wrote:
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
Any updates/invites today? So quiet!

I spoke with GSB earlier today and they told me that many went out by then. In the conversation they told me that a "few" can still go out until march 4th and lets put "many" as "majority" for the record sake.

What was the context of your call? Did you just cold-call them and ask about invitations?

I am honestly a little bit suspicious/surprised, as my understanding is that admissions offices don't usually talk to candidates about these things over the phone. My understanding is that if you're a waitlist candidate, AdComs will talk to you about your particular case, but yours is LITERALLY the first report I've ever seen of a candidate getting an admissions office staffer to release information about the process as a whole. You'll forgive me if I wonder if you're BSing people, especially because you've taken a negative/contrary tone on this thread for quite a few pages.

So, ILoseUGain, spill the beans: what's your deal? Are you waitlisted from R1? Are you even an applicant? Where are you located? What's your age/WE? On the call today, were you just willing to beg for info? How did the call go? Who did you speak to? What was the tone/context? Did you have to press for the info or did they just volunteer it? Inquiring minds want to know, especially since you don't have any applicant profile listed here and haven't been a member for very long. Where else did you apply? How have things gone for you so far at other schools? Where are you interviewing? You also don't appear to have used the forum to prep for your GMAT. 100% of your posts are in this Stanford thread as well, from end of January until now. Suspicion warranted, in my opinion. My troll-alarm is going off.

Gosh dude, chill out. Maybe he's telling the truth, maybe he isn't. I agree its a bit odd that someone at the Admissions Office would entertain a call from an applicant let alone divulge the status of their decisions, but the fact is that nothing we post here has any bearing on the results so there is no point in getting upset about anonymous internet posts and/or throwing accusations at people. Like you, I'm pretty stressed about this whole application process, but lets be civil here and keep our jimmies unrustled, yeah?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
I hear that if you hum the Stanford fight song backwards 3x, your chances of being interviewed and admitted go up 10%
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [3]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
quayhu wrote:
I hear that if you hum the Stanford fight song backwards 3x, your chances of being interviewed and admitted go up 10%

In round 1 on this thread, there was a lot of talk about karma. People did good things, and ended up with an interview invite. I volunteered helping disadvantaged kids last weekend. Then this week, I suddenly got an invite... just sayin'
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [3]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
DB will start calling admitted students in exactly two weeks from today. This is going to feel like a very long two weeks...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [2]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Met a graduate from the 80s today - he was gushing about his experience @ Stanford. I think I am possibly in for R2. Still deciding if its worth my donation :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V49
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Ooh, official dates/deadlines just sent by email:

Quote:
Admission Process Dates

2 October 2013: Round 1 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications, and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

28 October through 26 November 2013: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend invitations daily for interview via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview between 800 and 1,000 applicants this application year.

No invitations will be sent before 28 October or after 26 November. We expect the majority of invitations to go out by 19 November. If you have not received an interview invitation by 26 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
the hbs and wharton threads are exploding with activity as R1 interviews have come out! i'm so nervous about the gsb - the calm before the storm! is there method to the one month long rolling madness? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Kudos
My iPhone is at 9% battery because of my excessive refreshing today. I wish I could see a chart of applicants' productivity at work on decisions days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
I'm "under review" but I don't think that it means anything much.

Until 11/26, I will wake up every morning looking at my phone to see whether I received an invite during the night...
Just like when I used to expect gifts from Santa when I woke up on Xmas day :-P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Kudos
Maybe the common factor of the invitees so far is that they seem to have received their notifications mid/late afternoon. So, perhaps that's an indication for all of us to chill (just a little) the rest of the day.

Also, my two cents on the whole notification process is that, while Stanford says they are trying to ease tension by shortening the window this year, they haven't made a logical change to the way the send out invitations. Why not send out notifications in batches once a week? They can continue reviewing applications on a continuous basis, but just save up those approved for an interview until, say 12pm PT on Monday. Then they can tell every applicant "if you do not hear from us at this time on Monday there will be no further communication until the following week" and each applicant only needs to get worked up at one specific time each week versus being constantly on edge. I don't see any downside here. The AdCom can still make decisions on an ongoing basis and interviews can be set up for whenever, following the initial notification. So the person approved on a Tuesday doesn't find out until the following Monday, who cares? They'll never know and the rest of us can get through the week without the distraction.

Anyways, good luck to everyone. Keep calm and refresh often.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Interview!! Got the email at ~5:30 CST.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
another 5 days of fun, coming right up :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Be considerate, put yourself in their shoes. I like the way they put it in the email "Because you're human and so are we."

The fact that the evaluation process takes longer than some of the other schools shows that they are taking the time to develop a holistic picture of you, rather than just based on your test scores, shouldn't you appreciate this?

Originally posted by fionaS on 04 Nov 2013, 14:39.
Last edited by fionaS on 04 Nov 2013, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
interviewed! very conversational, totally behavioural. i'm all done - the waiting game begins!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
Send PM
Kudos
they've got to have at least one more wave for round 1. none of the jd's who have applied that i know of have heard anything and there's no way that all of us are getting rejected.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [2]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
schen1119 wrote:
londoncalling: if you don't mind me asking... why did you turn down Wharton?

I think londoncalling answers that here: wharton-2013-calling-all-applicants-131304-1120.html#p1185454
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
NXHIPOPOTAM wrote:
Quote:

So did anyone from Eastern Europe get an invite before yesterday?

Not me. Also - no one from the people I know got an invite.

HOLY MOSES! Has any African received invite from Stanford? i do not know of any? should we postulate that it is not good to apply in round one most especially if your all is in Stanford? is Stanford gonna break my heart ? was there any wave on the 19th? maybe because there were a lot of intake for class 2015, Stanford decides to reduce the class of 2016 therefore the selection process extra selectively tough?
Maybe its better to apply in round two/ three. In fact . could not do anything yesterday 19th November but was disappointed i refreshed my box almost every second.
Just a week from now it would all be over. You are either dinged or invited.
Nevertheless, we just hope against hope to keep hope alive.
We keep our fingers crossed! wish all applicant the very best most especially my fellow africans :P
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts