By Stacy Blackman
The Stanford Graduate School of Business
has updated its admissions website with the two essays required
for the 2014-2015 MBA application. These questions remain essentially unchanged from last year’s application, but the number of required essays this year has dropped from three to two.
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why?(650-850 suggested word count)
A strong response to this question will:
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
- Reflect the self-examination process you used to write your response.
- Genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Be written from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
Essay B: Why Stanford? (250-450 suggested word count)
Enlighten us on how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
A strong response to this essay question will:
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
Your answers for both essay questions combined may not exceed 1,100 words.
For more information, visit the Stanford GSB admissions website
If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman
Consulting can help with hourly
consulting services. Contact us
to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews
, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.