Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 20:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Starting from Scratch...need gameplan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Starting from Scratch...need gameplan [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 07:35
Hi All,

I started my Gmat studying in January and took a prep course with Veritas while doing it. I was averaging around 630 on the practice CATS so I didnt worry much. However the week before the exam I took the GMATPrep official test and got a 490 which scared me to death. I talked to my instructor and he said you probably hit a wall and this was an outlier.

So I continued studying the following week and looking at flashcards and the big day came yesterday. The test I thought went amazing especially the verbal but when I got my score I was floored. 500 (q29 v29). Those 2.5 months of studying all down the drain. I knew I did bad on the quant but I didn't think it was the same for verbal.

Now I don't know what to do and where to go from here. I work in Operations at the largest megabank in the world (you can take a guess :) ) My goal is to go to Johnson where my manager went. But when I spoke to my instructor he said maybe MBA isn't for you and you should just focus on your career. I work M-F and so I rarely get time to study except for weekends and those days I am taking prep classes.

I'm thinking about studying from now until June and taking the test in late July. However this time I will take it with ManhattanGMAT because I heard there CATs are a very good predictor. I realize I'm starting from scratch so does anyone have any advice/game plan I can use? I want to do what bb suggested which is focus only on quant from now until May and then verbal from May until June. In between do a practice CAT every other week.

Any suggestions on how I should go about my studying? I know taking the GMATs again is frowned upon but I have no choice. I can't live the rest of my life knowing I never got an MBA because of a test. I woke up this morning with almost a panic attack worrying I will repeat the same disaster again.
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Starting from Scratch...need gameplan   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2013, 07:35